Thread: pcos

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

pcos

I've read the info on blue sway with pcos. However, trying to understand the carb situation. we need to avoid whole grain but rice and potatoes are ok? so need to follow lower carb diet?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are going to need to get SOME carbs from somewhere or you'll lose weight (and TTC on a high protein, super low carb diet is probably not safe anyway) So get most of your cals from meat, vegetables, nuts, dairy, while limiting or cutting out wheat and refined grains, and then fill in with higher carb veg and rice the cals you need. It is MUCH better than eating a bunch of wheat and sugar. Not all carbs are created equal and you need some carbs to maintain health and fertility, just be sure you're picking the RIGHT carbs.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 27th, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks yoyo, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you! also what about fruit? that's quite carby too...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fruit is allowed on PCOS Diet as a source of carbs when you need them.

With full blown PCOS in particular you will have to be careful not to eat unlimited amounts of super carby foods even when they are well tolerated (fruit, high carb veg, and whole grains). You will probably have to keep an eye on them to make sure you are not going overboard. But anyone who is just doing it as a precautionary method (especially pink swayers if you are reading this) they can be a good way to get enough calories.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are there any meal plans for PCOS? I read the article that explains the portions, but it would be nice to see it laid out in 3-4 meals a day. It's kind of confusing bc it says eat this group 5x which is confusing if we are only eating 3-4 meals per day. Any PCOS girls have a good LE meal list??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    : DS 2009 & DS 2011 TTC

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LinzNicuRN View Post
    Are there any meal plans for PCOS? I read the article that explains the portions, but it would be nice to see it laid out in 3-4 meals a day. It's kind of confusing bc it says eat this group 5x which is confusing if we are only eating 3-4 meals per day. Any PCOS girls have a good LE meal list??

this is the TTC boy section, you might want to ask in the TTC girl section, you may get more answers. I have PCOS and got a girl, whilst doing a boy sway because 1. i had v. low cal diet, missed breakfast, lost weight and only dtd once. hope that helps.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush, LinzNicuRN liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    by boy sway i mean, naturally a diet/ way of life which favored boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LinzNicuRN View Post

Well, it was the easiest way to explain it and the other ways I tried seemed to only make MORE confusion. It's about giving maximum flexibility.

You have more than one serving at a meal. So something that has 5x a day on it, you can have 2 servings at one meal and 3 at another OR you can pick 5 different things and mix them up with meals or you can have one of those things in one extra large serving but then that's it for the day.

Think of it like the "points" system in Weight WAtchers. You can have one serving of whatever group, 5x a day in whatever combo you want.

And yeah this is the blue section so that above comment is for pink not blue.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, it was the easiest way to explain it and the other ways I tried seemed to only make MORE confusion. It's about giving maximum flexibility.

You have more than one serving at a meal. So something that has 5x a day on it, you can have 2 servings at one meal and 3 at another OR you can pick 5 different things and mix them up with meals or you can have one of those things in one extra large serving but then that's it for the day.

Think of it like the "points" system in Weight WAtchers. You can have one serving of whatever group, 5x a day in whatever combo you want.

And yeah this is the blue section so that above comment is for pink not blue.
    Thanks Atomic! You did a great job explaining it, I was just curious if anyone had actually put some meal options together that they could share. With LE version of PCOS should we limit grams of sugar and grams of carbs? When I have a potato along with rice, fruit, etc the carb levels seem pretty high. I know the protein off sets this, just wanted to check. I guess I just want to make sure there is no certain way I am suppose to be organizing the food choices. Does that make sense?

: DS 2009 & DS 2011 TTC

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want ANYONE counting sugar or carbs (blue swayers with moderate to severe PCOS may have to, but nobody else). THat's the nice thing about the atomic fertility diet for pink in particular is that by upping grams of protein and fat while keepign cals the same you then cut carbs without even thinking about it, and by picking "good" carbs you really just don't have to even think about the sugar and carbs at all.

Unless you were eating very low carb diet before, for most of us it's going to still be a huge reduction in the amount of carbs we were eating.