Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ladies!

I have been lurking for the past couple of months and have decided to finally say hello

I am currently the mama of a perfect 14.5 month old baby girl. I'm swaying blue to hopefully give her a brother (and give my hubby who grew up surrounded by women another male in his life!). My little love bug is still breastfeeding about 3 times a day, I have been trying to wean since the start of the month with little progress.

I was eating vegan since January but reintroduced meat and dairy in mid June after reading many posts in gender dreaming. I think I may be overdoing it though because I have gained about 8 lbs since then! My bmi is up to 21.5. I eat a lot all day. I tracked my calories yesterday and it was like.. 2700 lol.
    Breakfast was whole milk oatmeal
    Lunch was 2 chicken thighs, cup brown rice, half cup veggies, half cup beans, banana, tbs nutella
    Dinner was rib eye (8 oz), creamy pasta salad (1 cup?), 1 cup grilled veggies
    Snacks were fried egg with cheese and Ezekiel bread, apple, cheese, boost glucose control shake, brownie, and one chick thigh with veggies

I am so bad at working out, maybe 15-30 mins of lightly lifting weights once or twice a week. I have always been a cardio gal and don't know a thing about body weight training. I started popsugar videos 2 days ago after seeing a recent post here. I definitely need to do more of that so I don't gain much more weight. I get the feeling that if I continue the way I have been for the past month I will be swaying pink (not sure why I think that... maybe because heavier, more sedentary ladies I know have girlies?).

Hmm what else... oh I am taking women's one a day, fish oil 1200? (I believe) when I remember (every second or third day), probiotics (every second day maybe), 800 Folic acid in addition to my multi vitamin.

I am hoping to start ttc in September. Any thoughts or suggestions? Sometimes I feel confident and other times I'm like oh my baby is getting a sister for sure.

Tl;dr Hello! Swaying blue. Halp.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi MamaE.
    Wow you are doing great on the diet side of things. But 8lb in a month is a big gain. Lifting weights every other day or 3 times a week and going for 30-45 min walks should slow that down.
    Another easy add to your sway which has gotten great results is preseed.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes DesiG, MamaE, Cinss liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi MamaE,

Welcome! I'm a fellow blue swayer but not attempting until end of the year/new year.

Your diet looks great - agree with pearl327 maybe add in some exercise to counteract the weight gain.

Good luck with your sway! Fingers crossed for blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes MamaE liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    21.5 is a super healthy BMI (22 is considered ideal by the WHO) but I understand concerns over 8lbs -- much of that has to be water, as it's very very hard to gain true weight like that that quickly. Definitely up the weights though if you can! Light cardio is still fine too -- best results seem to be from weights + cardio.

Everything else looks good! I think my only thought mighy be to make sure the snacks are paired protein + carb, and unsure of the glucose control shake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes MamaE liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    Hi MamaE.
    Wow you are doing great on the diet side of things. But 8lb in a month is a big gain. Lifting weights every other day or 3 times a week and going for 30-45 min walks should slow that down.
    Another easy add to your sway which has gotten great results is preseed.
    Hi Pearl! Congratulations on your TWO successful sways and your new baby girl! When do you plan on trying for the last kiddo? My dream family would look a lot like yours.

Thank you for reminding me about preseed. I have only recently started to track my cycle and have found that I have NO ewcm... none! I don't remember ever having any but I wasn't really paying attention so who knows. I have been especially dry since I had my daughter so we will definitely have to buy some preseed.

I agree that I should exercise more. I love living in Florida but this summer heat and zika scare is not helping me out. Maybe it's time to start going to the gym..

Good luck on your final sway!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boywish View Post
    Hi MamaE,

Welcome! I'm a fellow blue swayer but not attempting until end of the year/new year.

Your diet looks great - agree with pearl327 maybe add in some exercise to counteract the weight gain.

Good luck with your sway! Fingers crossed for blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi boywish! Thanks for the reply. I have made it a goal to exercise at least 3 times this week (let's just hope I stick to it lol). Best of luck with your sway as well. Hope things go our way

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    21.5 is a super healthy BMI (22 is considered ideal by the WHO) but I understand concerns over 8lbs -- much of that has to be water, as it's very very hard to gain true weight like that that quickly. Definitely up the weights though if you can! Light cardio is still fine too -- best results seem to be from weights + cardio.

Everything else looks good! I think my only thought mighy be to make sure the snacks are paired protein + carb, and unsure of the glucose control shake.

Hi Panther! Congratulations on your DD! Is she here yet? I love being mommy to a little girl... they really are the sweetest things.

Thanks for your reply... it has made me feel better about the number on the scale. It was really quite a shock as I didn't feel as though I was much heavier.

Ahhh yes, protein and carb is my downfall because I am a total starch gal. I had to eat more protein when I was pregnant due to gestational diabetes. I am finding the HE diet quite similar to my GD diet as I had to eat every few hours and make sure I included protein and fat at all times. I have practice this should be easier lol!

Good luck on your sway when the time comes!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!

21.5 is still on the lowish side so that is ok but yes lets get a handle on that now. Absolutely keep doing the weights so the weight you have gained is muscle.

You're really eating a TON of food. you don't need that much. I'd cut back firstly on things like starches - you don't need rice and a banana and beans and nutella all in one meal. Protein + carbs = boys but you don't have to eat that many different things all in one meal. That is where I'd start making changes.

So for lunch you may want just one chicken thigh, then the veggies, and then ONLY one of the beans or the rice or the banana with nutella, not all of them.

For dinner the steak is great, and you could cut back on the pasta salad (altho that is a lot more reaonable a meal than lunch was) and then the snacks I'd eat a bit less there too. You just don't need all that in one day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome!!

21.5 is still on the lowish side so that is ok but yes lets get a handle on that now. Absolutely keep doing the weights so the weight you have gained is muscle.

You're really eating a TON of food. you don't need that much. I'd cut back firstly on things like starches - you don't need rice and a banana and beans and nutella all in one meal. Protein + carbs = boys but you don't have to eat that many different things all in one meal. That is where I'd start making changes.

So for lunch you may want just one chicken thigh, then the veggies, and then ONLY one of the beans or the rice or the banana with nutella, not all of them.

For dinner the steak is great, and you could cut back on the pasta salad (altho that is a lot more reaonable a meal than lunch was) and then the snacks I'd eat a bit less there too. You just don't need all that in one day.
    Hi atomic! Thanks so much for your helpful reply! I am starting to cut down on carbs now. It's such a challenge for me. What is so strange is since I have started to eat in a more HE style my appetite has increased?! I used to eat less than 2000 cals a day and was fine, no late night snack or food for a few hours until after I woke up and I didn't feel hungry. But now I wake up starving and become hungry shortly after eating. I would think the opposite would be true! Anyways, I'm definitely taking your advice and will continue weight lifting and start to eat more sensibly thanks again.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaE View Post
    Hi atomic! Thanks so much for your helpful reply! I am starting to cut down on carbs now. It's such a challenge for me. What is so strange is since I have started to eat in a more HE style my appetite has increased?! I used to eat less than 2000 cals a day and was fine, no late night snack or food for a few hours until after I woke up and I didn't feel hungry. But now I wake up starving and become hungry shortly after eating. I would think the opposite would be true! Anyways, I'm definitely taking your advice and will continue weight lifting and start to eat more sensibly thanks again.
    Ghrelin and leptin hormones! Appetite will eventually adjust depending on too much or too little.

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast