Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I may give up on my dream of having a boy... :(

It hurts so much to say this, but I think I may just have to say to good bye to my boy sway. I was already over weight, and I have gotten so fat I really feel like Im about 7 months pregnant, and I hate the way I look and feel, I can't fit any of my clothes anymore. Since I know I have to eat 3 meals and snacks and can't do alot of cardio I just don't see how I can still go on with my sway, and I really dont have time to wait any longer, Im about to be 35 and hubby is all ready 44. I really wish there was a way to cut out meat or at least cut out beef and still be ok. Well I guess this is it for me, good luck to you all with your sways, I loved being here. Im sure I will come back every now and then just to see who has gotten pregnant and who got their boy or girl.

2. Thanks Dalu86 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hon I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I have had some of these thoughts myself but I keep reminding myself it is just a temporary change and October is so close now that it wouldn't be worth it to throw away what I've already started. Also, I believe it is totally possible to cut out meat and continue your sway. In fact, there are vegans and vegetarians who have successful sway stories! I think the most important thing is to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day.. and it doesn't have to be a lot of food or just meat. On the contrary, I think the healthier and more balanced we eat the better! And just because a lot of cardio isn't recommended that doesn't mean we can't do some in moderation. Walking is a great exercise that I believe is boy friendly.
    Like I said, I can relate to how you are feeling as I have put on a bit of weight as well and am at my heaviest besides when I was pregnant. I keep telling myself I can lose it eventually and will hopefully have a precious babe that I did it all for. I hope we still see you around and hopefully you can find a way to continue your sway but also support your mental and physical health. Lots of love and positivity to you xoxo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Bommy_7, DesiG liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two friends that have been vegetarian most of their lives. They both have two boys each. One of them eats a little chicken now and then... They both have a 3rd child which is a girl. One lives in Australia the other in UK. Neither of them dedicated to exercise. I was 37 when I had my second son. Currently 39 hoping for a girl. My best friend who had her boy was 36 and DH 49. Nothing wrong with a light sway anyway.. when I had my boys I can guarantee you there were days I skipped meals and didn't or couldn't snack. I also never really did any excerise.. don't give up on your dream hun xx do the best you can do for you. All the best to you xx
    Last edited by squigglepink; August 30th, 2016 at 04:48 AM.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

6. Likes Bommy_7, DesiG, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you worked directly with atomic though? She's definitely able to guide you through a blue sway without gaining too much weight, and there are definitely vegetarian blue sways and seemingly a gazillion vegetarian celebrities with boys.

That said, I will say this: beef isn't an instant calorie issue. It's all about monitoring calories, and perhaps you needed to weigh and track all of your food to be more accurate and not gain so much, so fast.

If you feel it's best to move on, good luck to you! I just think there are fixes you could be making to be easier for you both physically and mentally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. Likes Bommy_7, DesiG, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with all the ladies above. You can do this. I have 2 boys, I would rather snack than have a big meal and most of the time it was healthy stuff. Nuts, cereal bars, salad, meat, cereal. I would rather eat sandwiches and cereal than cook a meal, I am so lazy with food prep. Takes so much effort to cook. Stick to snacks and small meals. I would rather have eaten salad every night then veg, so maybe that's something else that swayed blue, but always had meat, most time it was lamb chops or curry. Best of luck
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Bommy_7, DesiG liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Desi sorry I don't have any practical advice but just wanted to say your not alone. It's took me over 5 months on he to achieve pregnancy. This was literally my last month before I planned to crash diet and start again in the new year and sods law I fell this month! I was already the top end of normal (chunky) and despite being as careful as I could, excercising and atomic advice on my diet I still gained ALOT of weight as my eating habits changed drastically after spending my whole life on a diet pretty much. I got a ticking off at my booking, I felt very foolish, and have to have a risk assessment and anasthetic review. I really hope atomic had some practical tips for you and I hope your back to ttc as soon as possible. Best wishes x
    2006 2009 2014 and expecting my 2nd sway opposite due 10/04/2017

12. Likes DesiG liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Meat doesn't make you gain weight. If you're gaining, it isn't the meat. No one needs to gain ANY weight for a boy if you're already on the heavier side. If you hate red meat, don't eat it. Have chicken or fish instead (but this is not going to do anything for your weight, just want you to understand that.)

What you can do is eat smarter, not harder. THat means you eat protein and carbs, but you get your carbs from lower cal foods like fruit and veg instead of bread, potatoes, etc . You do not need to eat meat and potatoes and whole grain bread and a salad and nuts etc etc all in one meal. Cut out the carbier foods like pasta, potato, bread, and even things like bananas. Juice is another thing that has a lot of sugary carbs all at once, just drop it or else do only V8 juice and coco water which is very low cal.

You actually can do cardio for TTC a boy. Just be sure it's only 45 min. a day or less, and do it no more than 4-5 days a week or less. Then, in addition to that, you can also add in weight training an additional 4 days a week. Just be sure you separate the two by a few hours and have a meal in between them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes DesiG liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Pony View Post
    I agree with all the ladies above. You can do this. I have 2 boys, I would rather snack than have a big meal and most of the time it was healthy stuff. Nuts, cereal bars, salad, meat, cereal. I would rather eat sandwiches and cereal than cook a meal, I am so lazy with food prep. Takes so much effort to cook. Stick to snacks and small meals. I would rather have eaten salad every night then veg, so maybe that's something else that swayed blue, but always had meat, most time it was lamb chops or curry. Best of luck
    this. A lot of our all boy moms are on the thinnish side. I have to pack a lot into the HE Diet thread just because if I didn't people would ask me a million questions but you don't have to eat all those things in one day.

I would get up, eat nuts or cheese for breakfast (sometimes with a small bit of fruit, other times not), then go to work or work out. Then I'd have something either during work or after my workout that was smallish, like a yogurt or granola or dark chocolate bar. Then lunch, dinner, and a bedtime snack (usually cereal or blueberries and yogurt). I wasn't stuffed and I really only ate meat mostly at dinner. I don't really have juice that much either.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 31st, 2016 at 03:55 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes DesiG, Pink Pony liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like atomic said, meat won't make you fat, usually it's processed food that does. Or if you're a pretty clean eater it's carbs that pack on the pounds. There are even a lot of evidence coming out that you need to eat a lot of (healthy) fat to lose weight. Many women are finding huge success with paleo for weight loss.

I never ate big meals and I got 2 boys. I just snacked all the time--nuts, eggs, fresh fruit and veggies, lots of meat, cheese, and full fat dairy. When I did my girl sway I had to train myself to eat larger meals so I could last from lunch to dinner!

You always have a chance at a boy, even without swaying!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

18. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much everyone for the support, I have come to terms that not trying for a boy this one last time I know I would be so mad at myself later on in life especially everytime I seen someone with their son(s)I am going to cut my portion sizes in half and sometimes just skip lunch and have two snacks. Going to pick up my workouts to 45 mins 4 days a week plus my weights, I know after I have the baby I can just go super hard on working out and well pregnant do pregnancy workouts and really start watching what I am eating, oh and try to stay away from mirrors for now lol. Oh and I must say this a few years ago my hubby and I both wanted to lose weight we started working out, cut down on sweets some what and cut out beef to only once a week he lost 30 pounds I lost 20, we have cut out sweets for our sway, but added beef almost every night for dinner and both of gained weight. But thank you all for your kind words and the encouragement to make me feel like this is still possible!
    Last edited by DesiG; August 31st, 2016 at 07:51 PM.

20. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast