Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low Carb, History of PCOS & IR

Good Morning!

I'd like some clarity in regards to food intake while swaying blue. From my understanding, what we are looking for is nutrient density in the foods we eat, basically, abundance of nutrients and ease (less stress) sways blue and lack of nutrients and a more harsh environment sways pink. Correct?

Does the type of calorie make a difference here? My diet is and has been for a long time, low carb. I don't eat starches or fruit and I have no desire to. I eat lots of fat and moderate protein in the form of fatty fish, dark cuts of meat,eggs, nuts and tons of leafy greens and other veggies. How would this affect my boy sway? I can easily eat 2000 calories, no problem. I take calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and my multi as well as b-12 injections. Dairy consumption is low. I eat some hard cheese, cream and recently added greek yogurt.

As far as keeping "blood sugar" up, it's the frequency of meals that does this. In fact, when coaching my clients for weight loss, I strongly advise against snacking and stick to 3 meals per day. So, it isn't necessarily the types of food that will keep blood sugar elevated, its just getting food in period. I've added two snacks in between my 3 meals which means I'm now eating every 3 hours pretty much. Is this what we are aiming for in the HE diet?

During my first pregnancy, I was obese (started TTC at 233Lbs) and after DD's birth, I continued to gain weight and reached an all time high of 300Lbs. I had PCOS and obviously insulin resistance, so understandably, I don't want a repeat. I'm at a good weight, my lifestyle is totally opposite of what it was then and I've had a long 9 year journey to get to where I am today

I'm moderately active and walk alot (10k+ steps per day), but I don't jog or run. I plan to start lifting weights in the next week or so and I'd like to catch my December egg. Is my lifestyle in accordance to a blue sway? Can I go for it without starches and fruit?

Also, just to be very clear, PH is irrelevant right? I've read the info on here in regards to that, but I also know that animal products and dairy can make an acidic environment.

Thank you for all of your efforts and the wonderful information you provide here

-Nusaybah
    Last edited by cosmosis; October 25th, 2016 at 10:13 AM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

2. Likes skillet04 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump!
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exactly. Better maternal condition, more access to nutrients, and higher fertility all seem to sway blue (and don't worry about PCOS, when I say "higher fertiliy" I am not including PCOS related issues in that.)

I would WANT you to stick to lower carb choices (as I do any blue swayer who has PCOS) and yes, you can still sway without doing a lot of starches or fruit. While protein + carbs = boys, you do not have to have MANY carbs to fulfill this. Even something like green veg have some carbs in them and that is fine. I got my 3rd and 4th boy taking extra cal-mag and eating tons of dairy, so if you want to continue that, I fully support that. (not everyone does and that is up to each individual to decide)

I think that for you, 3 meals and 2 snacks is great. no worries there. While some of us who have many boys ate even more than that, you don't need to and I agree avoiding excess weight loss is really going to be beneficial for you. I think that you are in a totally different place than you were 9 years ago and are set up for a great sway.

I would urge you to do weights in addition to the walking if you at all can do both. (no need to jog or run!)

I believe pH to be irrelevant (getting a boy with pH of 4.5 checking it 2-3 times a day, pretty much cured me of pH). I do have a full debunking here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes cosmosis liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusaybah View Post
    Bump!
    Thanks for your patience, sometimes if a post is longer I have to save it for a day I can dedicate to giving a good reply.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ