Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Physical symptoms of high and low testosterone in women

The only way you can know your levels of testosterone for certain are by tests done by a doctor, but there are ways to tell based on personal appearance whether your testosterone is high, low, increasing, or decreasing.

Body type - MOST variations in body type are due to genetic differences and have little to do with testosterone. Women who are higher in testosterone have more muscle mass than the average woman of the same build. They tend to carry more fat in the abdomen and chest (apple shape) rather than on the legs and rear end (pear shape), which is more common among women with normal/low testosterone.

Again, much of these differences are due to genetic factors, so it is very possible to be apple-shaped and have testosterone in the normal range, or pear shaped and high in testosterone. However, if you notice a CHANGE in your fat distribution or the amount of muscle you have, this may be evidence that your body chemistry has changed and you should take note of it.

Changes in amount and texture of body Hair - Again, MOST variations in the amount/texture of body hair is due to genetics and not testosterone. If the rest of the women in your family tend to have a lot of body hair, you will as well, and this says nothing about your testosterone.

However, women with high/rising testosterone levels may have or develop increased hair growth on the upper lip, face, chest, lower abdomen and other parts of the body. Three areas in particular are indicative of potentially higher testosterone levels - hair on the big toe, around the nipple, and around the anus (although there are still genetic factors to consider). Additionally, as testosterone levels increase, fine body hairs may turn coarse and darken.

If your testosterone level is dropping, you may find that you have fewer and finer body hairs than before. (Personal note, when I was swaying pink and eating a low testosterone diet, I did notice that the hair on my face and around my areolas that I had had since puberty, disappeared within a matter of weeks.)

Deepening of the voice - Some deepening of the voice occurs naturally with age, but can also be caused by increases in testosterone.

Thinning hair on top of the head - Very high testosterone can lead to thinning hair in both men and women, called androgenic alopecia. This is one of the last symptoms to develop and is a sign your testosterone may be TOO high.

Skin problems - If your skin is or becomes very oily and brone to breakouts, this may mean you have higher testosterone. If your skin seems thinner, dryer, and more fragile, this may mean your testosterone is low.

Mood - Testosterone can boost confidence, strength, assertiveness, and libido. Can also make you agressive, agitated, and easily angered. PMS is believed by some researchers to result from sudden increases in testosterone. Lower testosterone can cause feelings of indecisiveness, depression, and lack of motivation.

Sexual Symptoms - Higher testosterone causes increases in libido and may actually make your clitoris grow in size and sensitivity. Lower testosterone may cause your clitoris to shrink, your vagina to become thinner and dryer, and makes it more difficult to have an orgasm.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooo my tummy has grown a little pot belly haha is this a good sign lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Good
    Hello atomic

I have read that you were on low testosterone diet. I have just been tested and my testosterone levels came out high.

What foods did you eat and which did you avoid? What about supplements, did you take any?

Any help will be much appreciated

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The only way you can know your levels of testosterone for certain are by tests done by a doctor, but there are ways to tell based on personal appearance whether your testosterone is high, low, increasing, or decreasing.

Body type - MOST variations in body type are due to genetic differences and have little to do with testosterone. Women who are higher in testosterone have more muscle mass than the average woman of the same build. They tend to carry more fat in the abdomen and chest (apple shape) rather than on the legs and rear end (pear shape), which is more common among women with normal/low testosterone.

Again, much of these differences are due to genetic factors, so it is very possible to be apple-shaped and have testosterone in the normal range, or pear shaped and high in testosterone. However, if you notice a CHANGE in your fat distribution or the amount of muscle you have, this may be evidence that your body chemistry has changed and you should take note of it.

Changes in amount and texture of body Hair - Again, MOST variations in the amount/texture of body hair is due to genetics and not testosterone. If the rest of the women in your family tend to have a lot of body hair, you will as well, and this says nothing about your testosterone.

However, women with high/rising testosterone levels may have or develop increased hair growth on the upper lip, face, chest, lower abdomen and other parts of the body. Three areas in particular are indicative of potentially higher testosterone levels - hair on the big toe, around the nipple, and around the anus (although there are still genetic factors to consider). Additionally, as testosterone levels increase, fine body hairs may turn coarse and darken.

If your testosterone level is dropping, you may find that you have fewer and finer body hairs than before. (Personal note, when I was swaying pink and eating a low testosterone diet, I did notice that the hair on my face and around my areolas that I had had since puberty, disappeared within a matter of weeks.)

Deepening of the voice - Some deepening of the voice occurs naturally with age, but can also be caused by increases in testosterone.

Thinning hair on top of the head - Very high testosterone can lead to thinning hair in both men and women, called androgenic alopecia. This is one of the last symptoms to develop and is a sign your testosterone may be TOO high.

Skin problems - If your skin is or becomes very oily and brone to breakouts, this may mean you have higher testosterone. If your skin seems thinner, dryer, and more fragile, this may mean your testosterone is low.

Mood - Testosterone can boost confidence, strength, assertiveness, and libido. Can also make you agressive, agitated, and easily angered. PMS is believed by some researchers to result from sudden increases in testosterone. Lower testosterone can cause feelings of indecisiveness, depression, and lack of motivation.

Sexual Symptoms - Higher testosterone causes increases in libido and may actually make your clitoris grow in size and sensitivity. Lower testosterone may cause your clitoris to shrink, your vagina to become thinner and dryer, and makes it more difficult to have an orgasm.
    Hello atomic

I have read that you were on low testosterone diet. I have just been tested and my testosterone levels came out high.

What foods did you eat and which did you avoid? What about supplements, did you take any?

Any help will be much appreciated

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this on the other thread but just for anyone else who stumbles onto this, I do want everyone to know that if your T levels are high enough to be diagnosed by a doctor, he/she will be able to prescribe you medications that will lower your T levels. Most of us do not need these medications and can lower T via diet and supps but if you really have a medical need for medication, it will only help your pink sway.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This might be a stupid question, but the hair on body I think men and it being dark, can it be blonde? I have fine hairs on chest but their blonde and I am a dark brown hair person, even though this could be genetics I understand but could it be higher testosterone also? And since I started all this swaying I noticed I have very fine hair on upper lip but its also very blonde (in other words its not enough to see it unless you look real close on chest and lip) so can this be slightly higher testosterone or does it have to be dark or coarse? (I will be lower testestorone to be on safe side but wondering how much I should work on that lol)
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you can have light body hairs if you're a woman. The dark, coarse hairs are more indicative of T levels but the blondies matter too. If it's just "peach fuzz" that doesn't matter, but if you have big hairs even if they are blonde, that can mean higher T.

Working to lower T never hurts a pink sway and may help.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an odd question, I always get this long dark piece of hair on the bottom of my chin and I need to pluck it. Could this be a sign I have high T?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast