Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maca or Vit D causing long LH surge?

In 2015 I started swaying for a boy by doing the 7 sway factors from IG. My cycles were not not normal and would usually range from 30-45days with my have O some where between CD 19-30, but would always O the days after my first + opk, twice I Oed 2 days after a + opk.
    I started taking Testosterone supps about 8 weeks before my first attempt and my first 2 cycles after that were normal, I Oed the day after my first + opk then the cycle I attempted I had a very long surge. A 5 day surge confirmed with temping. I believe it was caused by the testosterone bc a few other ladies from IG had the same thing happen with the surges. I ended up having another girl.
    I had DD3 in August and had my first cycle in December and starting tracking again with opks, temps and CM. In January I started taking maca and vit D. The last few cycles I have Oed between CD 20-22 and the days after my 1st + opk.
    This cycle I got my 1st + opk on cd 17 another + CD18 and it went negative at 7pm CD 18. I have been taking my temps between 515-530am and again when I wake up between 615-730am. But have only been recording my temps from my first wake up. My opks were negative at 1230pm CD19 and I took another opk at 8am on CD 20 that was dark but NOT + and one more around 12pm that was negative. IF I use my 515-530 temps ff shows that I Oed on CD 20.
    I'm wondering if maca or vit d could have caused me to have a longer surge?? I read that vitamin D can increase Testosterone in men?? Does it do the same for women? Or could it be the maca? Also I usually get a little ewcm the first day of a + opk. This cycle I only got a scant amount....less then the tip of a pencil and mostly watery cm......
    Any suggestions.
    Last edited by 3girlsadd1blue; April 18th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also for the record. I would usually get a + opk the first day, early in the day, it would stay + all that day and most of the next day.....and would go negative by 3-4pm.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I out my later temp in it shows that I ovulate the day after my + opk. SO maybe my temps are just messed up from taking them at the wrong time.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the site I don't know much about tracking cycles but just wanted to say that we do things differently here than on other sites, we aim to improve maternal nutrition and condition by increasing muscle for our blue sways, vit d is a blue factor over here so thats good but I'm not sure about the recommendations for maca, i personally had a bad experience from it when I was messing around trying to get twins as it cna make your hormones go up and down messing with your cycle maybe and possibly swaying pink?? due to this, and what testosterone supplements were you all taking, might be useful to know Someone with a bit more cycle knowledge will pop by soon I'm sure!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm not a fan of the maca so I'd have you drop that anyway.

Are you breastfeeding? Are you already trying to have another baby? How old is your DD 3? We have found very close spacing may sway pink.

To answer your specific question, if your test is dark but not positive, that's a negative test. Your body actually uses the hormones that register on OPK tests to do lots of different things and so it's possible for you to have a little of that hormone going around in your body that will register on the test. Even your husband can get lines on an OPK test, they just won't register as positive for him ever.

I can't tell from here what day you ovulated on - do you have a chart you can post?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am currently BF my dd3. She will be 9 months in may. I know having kids close together sways pink. My first 2 are exactly 1 year apart. We will be making our first attempt in June when she will be 10 months. I did decide to drop the maca and stay on the vitamin d and I'm also taking ACV pills and wheatgrass
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first chart above is from when I took my temp between 630-730am. The below chart is from my first wake up at 515-530am which is not the time I usually wake up! Screenshot_20170419-130513.jpg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy, I could go either way on that chart! Just can't pin it down between 18 and 19, I'm sorry.

I would drop the ACV pills as ACV may lower blood sugar and a lot of evidence is indicating that low blood sugar sways pink. Do lemon water instead if you are worried about pH.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, what dosage of vitamin D do you recommend?

Also, I usually have high blood sugar issues. Would the ACV still affect anything?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1000 IU a day (give or take a little, so if you end up with 1200 that is ok, but 12000 is not)

What do you mean by "high blood sugar issues?"