Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, please ease my mind!

At 5dpo I started getting dizzy when I'd stand up. At midnight between 6 and 7dpo, I had what I believe to be implantation bleeding. (Pink spotting that I've only ever had once before--a week before I found out I was pregnancy with dd1).
    Well the next day (yesterday) I got impatient and randomly took a clear blue hpt at 8dpo (not fmu) and I believe I saw a very faint, almost nonexistant, line. Then this morning, at 9dpo, I took a first response early detection hpt at 5:30am and it was completely negative.
    I know this is far too early to be discouraged (and I'm really not yet) but my concern is that the past few days I have been doing a lot of yard work without thinking about it. Digging, moving dirt, moving bricks and flower pots full of dirt, etc. Now I'm experiencing a dull "tugging" in my lower abdomen, it feels like I've been doing sit ups the past few days. I'm assuming its from the yard work. What I'm wondering/worrying about is the heavy lifting.
    Is it possible to dislodge a newly implanted pregnancy by doing heavy lifting? I'm not in any way saying I think this is what happened. Just, now that it's on my mind, I've been trying to find out if I need to cut back on the yard work for a while, but I'm getting very contradicting statements on Google. Am I worrying about something potentially happening that's impossible?
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you were physically being extreme and actually hurting yourself badly (like a car accident kind of thing, falling down stairs violently etc) I doubt that physical work, especially if it's something you do regularly and are used to, would harm any embryo and have it failing its implantation. Remember just how small it is at this stage...it is truly nested deep in you and does not feel you contracting your muscles or tensing your body etc...rest assured you haven't compromised chances of a baby implanting...you're looking on the right track for a BFP tomorrow fx!
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

3. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the same with dd1 altgough i was further along. Didnt know i was pregnant with her until 8 weeks and she was fine!
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

5. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! That really helps.

LMSM: I could have swore it was implantation bleeding. I was so sure of it. And the dizziness started two days before the spotting, yet my tests are still negative. I'm only 10dpo but what's confusing is the spotting. If implantation occurred the day of the spotting, shouldn't I be getting at least a faint positive by now? I know everybody is different, but the FR tests are supposed to pick up as little as 6.5mIU I thought?

I told myself I was going to take a day off here today so I can stop driving myself crazy lol. I will take another test tomorrow and post the pic in the 2ww group. I hope 11dpo is my day..

Have a great day!
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 23rd, 2017 at 08:24 AM.
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

My Successful Blue Sway!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was possible to dislodge a pregnancy from doing physical labor the entire human race would have died out a long time ago. Most women historically and around the world have to work really hard day in and out and we still are able to get and stay pregnant while doing things like that.

I actually think it's great for your sway to engage in that kind of project/activity and I'd have you carry on.

What can happen is that a pregnancy starts and then something about it just wasn't right. So the fertilized egg "kisses" the side of the uterus but doesn't implant. This could make some spotting and then the faint hormone detected on the pregnancy test. It happens quite frequently and it's not because of any physical work you did but simply because about a million very complex things have to go precisely right in order for a pregnancy to occur. The miracle is that it goes right as often as it does because along the way there are so many potential moments that a cell doesn't divide normally and when a ball of cells only a few cells in size that's it, it can't recover from that. Nothing you did or didn't do, it is just an unavoidable part of the process of conception.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was possible to dislodge a pregnancy from doing physical labor the entire human race would have died out a long time ago. Most women historically and around the world have to work really hard day in and out and we still are able to get and stay pregnant while doing things like that.

I actually think it's great for your sway to engage in that kind of project/activity and I'd have you carry on.

What can happen is that a pregnancy starts and then something about it just wasn't right. So the fertilized egg "kisses" the side of the uterus but doesn't implant. This could make some spotting and then the faint hormone detected on the pregnancy test. It happens quite frequently and it's not because of any physical work you did but simply because about a million very complex things have to go precisely right in order for a pregnancy to occur. The miracle is that it goes right as often as it does because along the way there are so many potential moments that a cell doesn't divide normally and when a ball of cells only a few cells in size that's it, it can't recover from that. Nothing you did or didn't do, it is just an unavoidable part of the process of conception.

11. Likes Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! The HE diet is actually the reason I've been doing more yard work, it's more enjoyable than lifting weights. Only after the stomach discomfort did I start to wonder if I should be taking it easy during the 2ww.. Is it possible that it was implantation bleeding and there's just not enough hcg to detect yet? Tomorrow will be 11dpo and 4 days after spotting.. I really didn't expect to be so lucky as to conceive the very first attempt, but the spotting and dizziness adds up to the right timing and I've never had them except during early pregnancy with my daughters.. I'm really convinced but just confused about why my tests are negative 3 days later.
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

My Successful Blue Sway!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's possible. Sometimes the concentration in the urine has not gotten high enough to detect.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck x
    Keep us posted
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

15. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I was just thinking back and I did tons of yard work around when I conceived my 3rd son. Best looking garden I ever had that year and then I was so sick I could barely enjoy it!! :/

17. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast