Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Multiple attempts Vs 1 attempt BOY

Hello

I fell pregnant last month from one attempt on day of ovulation following the ingender recipe for a boy.
    My pregnancy unfortunately ended in a chemical pregnancy.

DH and I have been BD every second from end of AF unprotected till day 10 and now protected every other day.

I’m still confused about how multiple attempts get a boy? Surely it lowers the sperm count which sways girl?

2. Thanks rachel86 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We KNOW based on our results from pink sways that one attempt sways pink. We get 70-75% girls with one attempt, 60-65% girls with 2 attempts, and this plummeted all the way to 40-45% girls with three attempts!! and these were in people who were doing strict pink sways - they still got 60% boys with 3 attempts!

As long as you are in your fertile window you will NOT lower the sperm count to sway pink. First of all, daily release has not even worked getting girls only 56% of the time (again, even with otherwise good pink sways!) But beyond that, if you have those attempts in the fertile window when sperm can stay alive, you're adding more and more sperm to the mix.

Just an example (don't take these numbers seriously but this is how it works)

Let's say you have one attempt with 200 million sperm. Some will live, some will die, some will capacitate to meet the egg, others will stay dormant.

BUT let's say instead you have 3 attempts. First attempt is 200 million (and since you're in your fertile window these sperm can indeed stay alive) and then another attempt at 100 million and then another attempt at 50 million. That is going to be a potential pool of 350 million! WAY more than 200 mil. Even though some of the later batches might be smaller, you're adding more and more sperm to the mix for a net total of more sperm. Of all these batches some will live, some will die, some will capacitate in time for the egg, others will stay dormant.

Plus, with one attempt you take a gamble. Let's say that the day you have one attempt you just happen to be a little more pink friendly than you might have been the next day. Or DH is a little run down or tired and makes a smaller batch that day. You have literally put all your eggs into one basket that way - one thing goes wrong and then that's it, game over. At least with 3 or more attempts in the fertile window you could end up with a bad day saved by a good day.

As an example, let's say your first attempt DH had had a hard day that day and you end up with 50 mil sperm in that batch. If you stick with one attempt, that's all you get. But if you're in with 3 attempts, even if it was 50 mil, 25 mil, 25 mil you'd still end up with 100 million sperm which is way better than sticking with one attempt.

The vast majority of us who have many boys had regular sex out of our fertile window (every 2-4 days or so) and then lots of sex around O to get our boys. I got 4 boys and I NEVER had less than 2 attempts in the months I got pregnant. 2-3 attempts every single time. The only time I ever had one attempt was when I got my daughter!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks rachel86 thanked for this post
    Likes Filzma, Mummyof4boys liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, thank you for that much information!
    DH and I will be trying the every other day method. I usually get a positive opk on CD14 and ovulate the next day CD15. I am thinking to do this pattern unprotected, does it look okay? Or is this too much? :
    DTD on CD8,10,12,13,14,15,16 and then resume EOD
    Anything I should change there? I don't think we will be able to hit 3 attempts within 24 hrs of positive opk. We will most likely only be able to do only 2 attempts, both at night, DH isn't a morning person but hoping those previous attempts will help
    Last edited by rachel86; January 1st, 2018 at 02:54 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rachel that's totally ok - you don't have to hit 3 attempts at or around pos OPK - the only reason I do it that way is for the people who have to have Shettles timing. I MUCH prefer people doing it the way you are doing it and that is much more in line with how I and most of the boy moms on here got our boys.

I never had sex in the AM for any of my boys. Again that was just a way to work inside of Shettles timing for the people who need to have that. I am perfectly, perfectly, blissfully LOL fine with anyone ditching Shettles timing for blue. I know several people who tried Shettles IRL (so it was the only thing they were doing) and literally every single one of them got girls and I really would love nothing better than to see ALL blue swayers give up Shettles, since I think it causes tons of sway opposites (due to the one attempt factor)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, when you say "fertile window" do you mean when a OPK test goes positive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    3/4 of my boys were conceived with 2 or more attempts in fertile window. My first boy was conceived on ovulation day, but I can’t remember if we did the deed more than once lol.

My girl was one attempt in fertile window with j&d.

I’m quite sure the multiple attempts contributed greatly to our mass boy production haha

successful sway 2017
    successful sway 2019
    baby girl #3 due mid 2023

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4 boys from multiple attempts

3 girls from 1 attempt

1 boy from 1 attempt

if i was swaying blue i would 100% do multiple attempts

good luck!!
    now 6blue5pink

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no Rachel I answered this and something must have gone wrong, my answer was still here in autosave!

No, that's only for the people who HAVE TO do Shettles.

Fertile window is anywhere from O-3 or 4 through O day. So in that window, sperm deposited inside does have a chance at the egg (obviously the further out, the less likely). There's also the fertile microwindow which is really good odds of conception which is O-2, O-1 (and you'll get that pos OPK somewhere between those two days, usually) and early on O Day.