Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Protein Shakes for Boy Diet

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have thoughts about protein shakes for the boy diet? Does it help in any way to increase protein intake and sway more blue?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While it helps to increase protein, I do not like you guys doing protein shakes. The type of protein in them is usually soy or whey (skim dairy) based both of which sway pink, they have lots of chemistry in them (usually including artificial sugar and vegetable based oils, both of which sway pink). Many others have megadose nutrients or herbs in them and who knows how those things sway and/or affect your fertility. I have seen firsthand several failed sways in which women were drinking the protein shakes and I just don't recommend them.

Real foods are best for blue. It's fine to make a smoothie with berries and full fat yogurt, for example. Or even a real life milkshake with chocolate ice cream is better than those Frankenfoods shakes!! It's not the idea of a shake that is bad, it's just the artificial nature of the shakes and that many of their ingredients (soy/whey protein, veg oil, artifiical sweetener, etc) may sway pink.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes vnmora100 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For my DD1 my husband was taking protein shakes.. OMG could be the reason for our DD1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic meant it may cause blue sway opposites when the woman drinks those shakes, not the husband. FWIW my DH has used those whey protein powder shakes for years and we have 3 boys.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh.. Oops ksmom.. Maybe I got it wrong.. Hahaha.. But nonetheless.. As stated by Atomic there are many many other factors which lead to a failed sway.. I was also on LE diet during that time so ya.. Not hubby fault than.. :P

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyRendu View Post
    For my DD1 my husband was taking protein shakes.. OMG could be the reason for our DD1
    if it was soy-based, then that CAN sway pink when drunk by DH. Have him stay away from soy-based protein shakes for blue.

8. Thanks BabyRendu thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Atomic meant it may cause blue sway opposites when the woman drinks those shakes, not the husband. FWIW my DH has used those whey protein powder shakes for years and we have 3 boys.
    The whey ones are ok for DH for blue. The soy ones may act like soy milk does and inadvertently sway pink when drunk by the hubby in a blue sway.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There ARE some more natural, customizable proteins out there. My DH drinks a beef based protein shake, for one (which tastes like you'd expect, but he likes it lol) with no fillers. Quest makes an unflavored whey protein with no additives, and there are egg based protein powders as well. But I would note that I used to dabble in these because I had so much trouble getting protein in on the boy diet,but eventually didn't need them at all because I figured out how to reach protein goals naturally. I swear by 2 eggs a day, 4-5oz of meat with lunch and dinner, and lots of cheese and whole milk. You'll surpass your protein goals quicker than you think!

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    There ARE some more natural, customizable proteins out there. My DH drinks a beef based protein shake, for one (which tastes like you'd expect, but he likes it lol) with no fillers. Quest makes an unflavored whey protein with no additives, and there are egg based protein powders as well. But I would note that I used to dabble in these because I had so much trouble getting protein in on the boy diet,but eventually didn't need them at all because I figured out how to reach protein goals naturally. I swear by 2 eggs a day, 4-5oz of meat with lunch and dinner, and lots of cheese and whole milk. You'll surpass your protein goals quicker than you think!
    when I was TTC my 3rd boy (and I may as well have been doing a blue sway with him) I was eating 90+ g protein a day, no prob:

Breakfast: either 4 oz. cheese OR 1/2 c nuts, with tea and often an orange or some dates

Snack - green tea and dark chocolate

Lunch - 2 eggs, or tuna sandwich, or bean burrito, or salad with huge piece of salmon, or oatmeal and peanut butter, or leftovers from dinner, or an avocado with salsa and chips (this was prob. the lowest protein)

Dinner - Mexican, Italian, etc, but virtually always had 3-5 oz. of meat

Bedtime snack - full fat yogurt and blueberres, or cereal with full fat milk

It wasn't even THAT much food (although I am a big eater and was quite active at the time). The serving sizes could be less for someone with smaller appetite and less activity. I just don't think that most women even NEED the protein shakes, you can get there with all real foods!

13. Likes BabyRendu liked this post