Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gaining weight so I can lose weight?

We plan to start TTC in a few months. I am already sort of at a low weight and don't think I need to hurt my health/well being more by losing weight on the pink diet. However, I KNOW how important that factor seems to be. My sister just gave birth to her first girl, after she lost about 15 pounds from a very stressful situation. Since we're not starting for a few months, should I try to gain a few pounds NOW so that I can lose it while TTC, or would that just hurt our outcome? Thanks for any advice!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally ladies who are underweight or extremely over weight have a better chance at having a girl.... Do you have other children? If so are you at the same weight you were when you conceived them?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently, I am about 8 pounds lighter than when I conceived both of my boys. With both boys, I took Clomid and gained weight pretty much right away (but I was also eating more because I felt queasy all the time and it helped me feel better). So that is a good point--I'll just maintain until we TTC and hopefully lose and not gain like last time! Thanks!
    Me, 35
    DH, 37

We have three beautiful ages 9, 5, and 2.
    Unsuccessfully swayed for so will go HT in 2014 for her !

Cycle #1: 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 biopsied but both abnormal XY.
    Cycle #2: 17 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 biopsied. 2 abnormal XY, 1 normal XY.

Cycle #3: 18 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 8 biopsied. 1 normal XX!!!! (2 normal XY)
    FET August 11, 2015---beautiful transfer.
    EDD: April 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's a good idea to gain only to lose because testosterone takes a long time to go down. I wouldnt' want you to up your T levels by gaining and then have them stay higher even after you lost weight.

Plus, I got burned big time trying to do exactly that - I took a month to gain weight back and then got pg accidentally that month - hello Boy #4. Since then I have decided that it is too risky a proposition.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ