Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been TTC girl for 6+ months

I've lost track at this point. Anyway, my question is how and when do I start changing things? I'm doing opks, I dropped the refresh this past cycle. I do not do the diet b/c I eat a Paleo diet and changing that is not an option for me due to a chronic condition. My ph, even at ovulation is hanging around 4.5-5 though. This will be my 5th moth on Vitex. My husband is so sweet. He releases every day, despite how much this has become a chore for him, for 12 days each cycle. I took Zyrtec this last cycle. We dtd at first positive opk. AF is due today but I tested this morning and it was negative. So should we start doing more than 1 attempt? I'm so confused. I was so relaxed this cycle, not stressed about it at all. I had done everything to the best of my ability and thought for sure this was our month.

With my youngest just turning 3 I feel pressed for time at this point. I don't want the age difference to be too great. I already have a large age difference between my first 2 and my 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think maybe dropping FR might help. It certainly prevented us from conceiving. IMO, that would be better than doing more than one attempt at opk+ See what Atomic thinks but perhaps drop frequency in favour of keeping one attempt. Hth!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drop vitex, zyrtec, FR, but keep one attempt at pos opk.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will dropping the vitex make my cycle wacky? I actually started taking the vitex b/c at ovulation my breasts would become intensely sore for the 2 weeks prior to my period. I had read that the vitex helps with that and it has helped a lot with it. Since it swayed girl I figured it'd be worth a shot. I did not have abnormal cycles and it didn't mess my cycles up much. i just stop taking it on cd12 b/c it did seem to delay ovulation.

So if we don't do FR, what do we do? Release every other day? He will be 35 the end of the month so I did not want to do the abstaining.

When we had our 3rd we tried for a year (was doing shettles at the time to sway girl. didn't know it didn't work) but eventually I totally gave up on it b/c it just wasn't happening and thats how we got our son.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont have a lot of advice to offer but wanted to say good luck! I really hope you get your BFP soon
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i wouldn't worry about pattern of dtd myself atomic's suggestion is 1 try at positive opk so don't dtd bewteen af and positive opk i'd personally say don't worry about what dh does with his swimmers ;-0 unless you suspect low sperm count in which case have him release every 2/3 days

i the end it took me 8 months to conceive and we dtd every other day so it is possiable - i wouldn't say do this though i'd follow atomics advice just wanted to give you some hope!

the palao diet isn't bog her so i don't know much about it but from what i've seen it looks fairly good blue sway - maybe consider dropping down to 2 meals if possiable to keep your blood sugs as low as poss

good luck
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thx fish2012. I think the paleo diet sways blue too in theory. However, for me, I conceived my girl 12 years ago eating more like I do now and had gained a bit of weight. Shortly after she was born we became vegetarians and in the span of 8 years I conceived 2 boys eating very little and having very low body weight/fat....so that confuses me a little as far as the diet goes.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might, but you should still try (dropping vitex, that is). It never messed up my cycle either but I did not get pregnant while taking it.

Have dh release every 2-4 days and then do one attempt at pos opk.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyM View Post
    thx fish2012. I think the paleo diet sways blue too in theory. However, for me, I conceived my girl 12 years ago eating more like I do now and had gained a bit of weight. Shortly after she was born we became vegetarians and in the span of 8 years I conceived 2 boys eating very little and having very low body weight/fat....so that confuses me a little as far as the diet goes.
    it is not the diet itself that sways, it's your overall condition. You can get a girl eating right off the boy menu and vice versa. Also luck plays a big part, even if swaying is 80% that still means lots of opposites.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic,

Several years ago when we tried for our 3rd using shettles it took a long time, like 1.5-2 years. We were using a cutoff of 2 days. We ended up conceiving him when we dtd on ovulation day. All of our attempts have been at positive opk but I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating until close to 48 hours after based on when my period arrives (so my ipad app tells me) Can I wait until 24 hours after my pos opk to dtd? At this point I feel I'm not even swaying at all. Just leaving it up to luck and God.