Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is your excuse for the LE diet?

Hi girls!
    What do you tell people when they ask about the rather bland food on your dish when you are out for lunch or are having dinner with friends? Where I am from I could never dream of telling people I am trying actively to TTC a girl, so I can't tell them the real reason I am on the LE diet. Let's share our best excuses/explanations and inspire each other!
    Depending on how well I know people I will say that I am being screened for food allergies or that I have to detox (people will actually believe pasta and white bread detoxes!! )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepsina2014 View Post
    Hi girls!
    What do you tell people when they ask about the rather bland food on your dish when you are out for lunch or are having dinner with friends? Where I am from I could never dream of telling people I am trying actively to TTC a girl, so I can't tell them the real reason I am on the LE diet. Let's share our best excuses/explanations and inspire each other!
    Depending on how well I know people I will say that I am being screened for food allergies or that I have to detox (people will actually believe pasta and white bread detoxes!! )

I don't mind telling my friends and family, they're all very supportive.
    If it comes up with strangers, I'll perhaps say that it's a diet my fertility dr has me on...best keep a lie as close to the truth as possible.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the excuse of my son having multiple food intolerances which he seems to be outgrowing and food intolerances for myself now. I can't eat corn cause it gives me migraines so that cuts out a LOT of food right there! Wheat/gluten upsets my stomach? A lot more foods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Otherwise I am home with the kids most days and nobody seasoning cooking meals. When I'm at work I can easily skipped lunch with no one noticing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I said that I had a sensitive stomach and got heartburn and indigestion really easily. I ate A LOT of meals with my family (they have us over every weekend) so that excuse seemed to go over well. They did ask me to "get it checked out" but they seemed to forget about it/ ignore it pretty quickly.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thread! I was wondering the same thing of what to say. I think I will go with the food intolerance as we are going through that right now with our oldest son.
    Married my high school sweetheart
    Mr. O (2009)
    Mr. E (2011)
    We both are hoping, wishing and praying to add a baby girl to our family!
    May 2014

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using the excuse of headaches and my health. I've noticeably have lost weight and I'm already skinny. It's now to the point of people making constant comments about my weight and it's ticking me off. I haven't ate fast food in weeks, I cut out junk food and over eating at times. Well of course I'm going to lose weight. I've told people that I'm doing process of elimination to figure out what foods are causing issues. I will admit not eating fast food anymore makes me feel healthier

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I said I was on a diet for health reasons, god knows if people thought I was I'll or crazy I didn't care! If they dug any deeper I just said it was something I read, I'll find it if you'd like to read it...usually shut them up, no one wants to do a diet that won't let you eat before midday or eat meat etc! Lol! Thankfully I could tell my close friends and family.