Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another weight question...lose as much as possible or just lose..

So I am small boned and only 5 feet tall. I have been a different weight when I got pregnant with all three boys. My first and second son I was probably around 115. My last son I was around 107 but had been 103 before and had put on a few pounds. I am now the heaviest I have ever been. So do I have to get below what I conceived my sons at or do I just need to be actively losing weight and the specific number doesn't matter? Thanks...I'm so confused!

Caden - 6
    Maxwell - 4
    Asher - 1

Angel Baby - Violet Ann

Hoping to add some pink to this house of blue...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, PinkPaisley! I think the recommendation would be to lose enough to be lower than your lowest weight when you conceived. Even better would be to be at your lowest adult weight. It could have been that you started to gain w/your last son and that sent a signal to your body that things were looking up and that having a boy would be a great gamble. Maybe if you stayed at 103 or were losing a bit, your body may have thought otherwise and it could have swayed "girl" enough. I say "maybe" b/c we just don't know for sure and there are soooo many other variables which come into play when you conceive. I don't want to oversimplify things and make you think that if you'd only stayed there at that weight (or get to that weight or lighter again) that you would have had (or have) a girl.

I hope this makes sense to you. Sometimes I don't explain things very well... Best of luck!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi PinkPaisley

I agree with OotB in that nobody really knows! It may be enough to be actively losing weight when you conceive because that will signal to your body that times are hard and that a girl would stand a better chance of survival, however I've decided to hedge my bets and lose as much weight as possible and hopefully get to my lowest pre-conception weight before we start ttc. But I have weight to lose and I know I'd wonder if I didn't do this - obviously you're not heavy to begin with!

Have you read about the low-everything diet? There are many studies which suggest that lower levels of testosterone in DW means a girl is more likely and a low protein diet is a good way of lowering testosterone levels. There is also evidence that low blood sugar levels are good for a girl conception, which is why we skip breakfast on the girl diets. So losing weight (even if only a little) on a low-everything (particularly protein) diet and skipping breakfast and limiting yourself to 2 or 3 meals each day might be enough for you!

I think you have to read the evidence and decide what is best for you
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Girls. I am still going back and forth on this one. If I wait until I am at my lowest weight it will be awhile before I can TTC, I am up to 130lbs. Highest I have ever been in my life! I am so anxious to get PG though so I might just go with losing some weight. I am going to really have to think about this because my gut says to lose it all before trying...

Caden - 6
    Maxwell - 4
    Asher - 1

Angel Baby - Violet Ann

Hoping to add some pink to this house of blue...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's difficult isn't it? I had my Mirena out in May and I was going to go on a girl diet for 6 weeks - I told myself I could do it because it would only be 6 weeks. But the more I read the more I felt I should lose more to have no regrets and we've finally decided to wait until September. I think you have to weigh everything up and do what your gut says.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to loose enough weight fast to make your body think the food supply is to low to have a boy..... In the olden days when people had their own farms they tended to eat less and work hard. They were not getting enough of the good stuff so their bodies natural gave them girls. When Farms and Hunting was good and people ate a wide variety of the high nutri foods they had boys.

I have lost over 30lbs (10-15 is req) but since I am over weight I chose to loose more. I eat the veggies that are lowest in everything. Before I ate 2,500-3,000 cals, tons of fats/salt/sugar, and I always stayed the same weight... Now I eat 1,800 or less, no fats/sugars/salt, very little meat, and tons of fake sugar crap. I feel starved all the time but it has worked because being starved means my body is not ready for a boy.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is best to be at your lowest adult weight but you know, do the doable. Getting back to 103 may just be too hard at this point in your life. It may very well be that losing weight, even if you don't get quite that low again, you'll have lost a larger % of muscle mass and that will help sway pink.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I'm sure you've explained this elsewhere but I haven't come across it - what's the reason for it being best to be at your lowest adult weight?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Atomic, I'm sure you've explained this elsewhere but I haven't come across it - what's the reason for it being best to be at your lowest adult weight?
    Because you will be 100% guaranteed to have less muscle and therefore lower testosterone than you have ever had.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i have no chance of being my lowest adult weight when i sway but i did tell myself no swaying until i have lost 50 pounds.hopefully the shock of losing the 50 plus then starting the low everything for 2-3 months and hopefully losing a bit more will really be a shock to my body and it will say "whoa what the heck happened to me,i dont think a boy would be a good idea right now" I think 20 pound weight loss for a heavy person like me would sway fairly but a 50 pound loss would sway well dont you think?
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast