Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would give it a good try with every 4 day and then a couple months with every 4 days plus one attempt at positve OPK before going the whole hog with lots of attempts. Our success rates are 70% with one attempt in fertile window, 60% with two attempts, and then plummeting to 40% with 3 attempts.

With the posting, we try to keep it laid back round here. I try to answer all posts but the only ones I can't keep up with are the introduction threads and then the support groups. So no matter how you do it, I do come along and reply to them.
    Thanks so much, Atomic! You and I must have been posting at the same time....I have another question below
    born 2012 two early miscarriages between babies born 2013
    March 2015
    Praying and swaying while for to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by uschi View Post
    Oh ladies, let me join your club! XX, it's so nice to meet another mother who night-nursed a toddler! You get a lot of finger-wagging about that. But I've never believed in Ferber and I certainly wouldn't ferberize my little one while he is staring right at my face the whole time he's crying! Maiden, I've never temped but my OPK's indicate an average LP of 12-13 days. So, I believe that shouldn't be a problem. I was prescribed progesterone after my miscarriages; I didn't end up needing it for my second son but I still have it. I asked Atomic in the beginning if I should take it due to the fact that I have had two miscarriages and am breastfeeding but she didn't advise it because it would mess up my cycle. I wonder what she would suggest now after the fifth attempt (hint hint, Atomic, please weigh in ) Any opinions regarding whether this could help a fertilized egg implant are welcome....
    If you're having LP of 12-13 days, you don't NEED the progesterone and studies have shown pretty clearly that it doesn't help at all for getting or staying pregnant. A healthy pg sends the right signal to your body to make its own (vastly superior) progesterone. Doctors do still give it to people because it makes it look like they're doing something but the evidence demonstrates it's a placebo.

I NEVER recommend progesterone unless someone has super short LP. It is a very unpleasant thing for most people to use and you have to use it for the whole first trimester.

Re breastfeeding, I seriously doubt that if your cycles are regular and you're having a normal LP that your nursing has anything to do with not conceiving.

Has your DH ever had a sperm analysis done?? THere have been several cases where couples weren't getting pregnant for months on end and we thought it was due to swaying, then it turned out that the dude was shooting blanks. Male factor IF can start up at any time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it, thanks! Actually, I meant new question above, I guess What are your thoughts on the progesterone.....same as before?
    March 2015

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hee hee, I keep doing it, I'll shut up now because you're great at responding to posts quickly.....
    March 2015

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    uschi, I'm sorry you've received criticism for your compassionate mothering. I'm all about attachment parenting myself. Even so, I don't criticize my best friend who does CIO, simply bc I don't believe it's my place to decide how she parents. Anyway, I think you should be pŕoud of all you're doing for your little one. It sounds like you are doing a great job!

atomic brings up a great point. You should be sure DH is releasing regularly (every 2-4 days) ALL cycle long to maximize sperm quality. Research shows it matters quite a bit how much men release all the the time, not just around conception. So if DH hasn't been releasing regularly, hopefully doing so plus every 3-4 days will do the trick. If you have the patience for it, I'd probably try that for at least 2 cycles before increasing attempts, since you have to assume you're only releasing good eggs some cycles.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 31st, 2015 at 01:08 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you're having LP of 12-13 days, you don't NEED the progesterone and studies have shown pretty clearly that it doesn't help at all for getting or staying pregnant. A healthy pg sends the right signal to your body to make its own (vastly superior) progesterone. Doctors do still give it to people because it makes it look like they're doing something but the evidence demonstrates it's a placebo.

I NEVER recommend progesterone unless someone has super short LP. It is a very unpleasant thing for most people to use and you have to use it for the whole first trimester.

Re breastfeeding, I seriously doubt that if your cycles are regular and you're having a normal LP that your nursing has anything to do with not conceiving.

Has your DH ever had a sperm analysis done?? THere have been several cases where couples weren't getting pregnant for months on end and we thought it was due to swaying, then it turned out that the dude was shooting blanks. Male factor IF can start up at any time.
    Wow, really? I hate to think about progesterone joining the ranks of antibiotics as drugs docs prescribe just to be able to "do something." I trust your opinion though because you're so well-read and researched. Hmmmmm
    As an aside, I was breastfeeding when I got pregnant with our second son, but it resulted in miscarriage followed by an immediate second miscarriage ( resulting in the progesterone prescription). I never took it though because the successful pregnancy came when I didn't even realize I had ovulated; pregnant "by accident." However, I've always considered that to be very different from the current scenario because my first son was supplemented with formula from day one and weaned himself immediately when I got pregnant I assume due to a taste change. Number 2 was EBF and he shows zero signs, and I mean ZERO, of wanting to wean. For these reasons, I didn't know if this time (plus my older age) the BF was hindering me.
    Regarding hubby, he had an analysis before our first son was conceived. He had 99+million (I guess 40 million or so is considered normal/good) with good motility. And true to that, he basically only had to look at me and I got pregnant those four times (which were the only times we tried). So we're a little stumped with what might be going on here. We've been wondering is it the swaying, or the breastfeeding, or what? But you bring up an interesting point. Could hubby's sperm have deteriorated that much in three years?
    March 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would NOT recommend you take progesterone either. I don't think you need it from the sounds of things and I'm not a big fan of P supplementation anyway.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 110% convinced that the progesterone is nothing more than a placebo for the vast majority of gals who are on it. I have seen several really good and reliable studies that showed zero difference in pregnancy outcomes for the prog supps even in IVF rounds. That's right - even in totally artificial pregnancies the progesterone supps are not helping improve things, let alone in natural ones.

Re sperm analysis, that is a lifetime ago and anything could have happened between now and then.

If you give me a brief summing up of everything you guys are doing/have done to sway (or direct em to a thread where you did this, if you already have) then I can help you tweak it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amen! P supplementation is SO overrated.

My Ovulation Chart

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    testing
    March 2015

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast