Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do we have women on here that didn't have PCOS and used clomid and did LE and swayed pink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it looks like we have more problems than I thought.

I'm bummed. We may have to go the HT route after all, and I'm super bummed now that we didn't do it a year ago when we almost did.

I have to have a SHG next week to look at a fibroid that they found today. Along with my follicles not behaving well. The dr that I saw today had very little confidence in just medicating my cycles. For several reasons.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kit, yes, several pink swayers who took clomid (the majority I think) don't have PCOS, and either took clomid purely for swaying purposes or bc they lost O or had short LPs. And most got girls. Keep in mind most were doing diet and other things to sway, too.

mysweetboys, I'm so sorry to hear that. What exactly did the dr say about your follicles?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, there was what looked like 1 follicle ready to ovulate. Maybe. Which shouldn't be on cd5.
    If not it was a leftover from the failed last cycle.
    But the other follicle count was bad. There were only a couple of potential follicles on each side. And they said with the super short cycles, which indicated poor reproductive age, very few follicles, and the fibroid, that we could do whatever we want, but probably it would be a waste of time.
    And I don't have time to waste, neither physically or personally.

ETA: this office is really good. They've helped friends of mine and have been great... So I trust them.
    Last edited by mysweetboys; January 30th, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any reason to sway if I end up going HT?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, low AFC. Did you get an official diagnosis of DOR (diminished ovarian reserve)? It sounds like that is the issue. I would go for femara over clomid considering that, though it's always possible you would respond well to clomid.

If you go HT you should NOT sway as you want to optimize your fertility for IVF, not reduce it by swaying pink. But you may not be a very goid candidate for HT if you have DOR. I will be very interested to see what your blood tests reveal- if you have high FSH/low AMH, you may have more luck getting a THB via swaying.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I will know more this week...

I didn't get an official diagnosis. They are waiting on some tests.
    I wish I knew if I should start taking supplements to improve fertility or keep swaying.
    I have to admit I cheated last night and this morning because I'm just frustrated with the whole thing.

The dr made it sound like clomid or femara would be a waste of my time and I needed to go IVF. My friend says that particular dr is a little gloom and doom though, and the one she likes, who will be my actual dr but was out of town, is much more positive. So we'll see what he says on Wednesday.

I thought about going HT purely for gender at one point, so maybe this is a sign I should just do it. I'm a big chicken though.
    Last edited by mysweetboys; January 31st, 2015 at 02:50 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbedit View Post
    Do we have women on here that didn't have PCOS and used clomid and did LE and swayed pink?

Yes. I think I answered this earlier in this thread if you go back and look at the first page.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just got a +opk at cd6.... Which is crazy on its own.
    I don't know if we should even attempt now or not!
    I cheated last night and this morning on the diet. Been on it for almost 4 weeks now.
    And have been very strict except for the last day.

I almost feel like I should go HT and guarantee my girl ( I know there's no guarantee it would work but if it did it would be a girl)...
    Or try tonight. I don't know.

I know no one can tell me this but I really just don't know what to do...

And what does it mean for my cycles that they are so short? The dr yesterday made that sound like a bad thing on its own. If they were getting so short it could be the end if my fertile window or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could always attempt- you never know if/when you might release a good egg.

What do mean by short cycles? Do you mean from AF to AF is short? A short follicular phase (first half of cycle), or a short luteal phase (second half of cycle)?

I know things seem really bad right now, but I would try and remain positive. More often than not, when our fertility decreases, it does like a dial and not a light switch. Decreased fertility means it can take longer to achieve a pregnancy but it doesn't mean you can't. What it means is the body has to work harder. The only way you can't is once we experience true menopause.

I want to give you a cyber hug, because I know how news like this can be devastating. My FSH came back 45 and my AMH wasn't even detectable! Everything else though was well in the normal limits, AFC and lining thickness. I was told I was well into menopause, even though I have NO symptoms and still BFing. WTH?! My point is while these tests indicate certain things, they can't tell us if we can get pregnant or not. I am still ovulating even though my numbers are bad. The doctor couldn't explain that.

Be realistic. It will take us longer. But don't let anyone tell you that it can't or won't happen, because they don't know. I am praying and trying acupuncture. Since everything but my hormone levels are fine, I am working to balance my hormones through acupuncture and Yoga (for mental sanity). Keep trying if you want to and try to work to achieve peace and balance. That is what I am doing.

FX and GL to you

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes maidentomother, djmommy liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast