Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realized that I can't really even attempt because I have that SHG test scheduled for Wed...
    No point in attempting if it would just be washed away

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mysweetboys View Post
    So I just got a +opk at cd6.... Which is crazy on its own.
    I don't know if we should even attempt now or not!
    I cheated last night and this morning on the diet. Been on it for almost 4 weeks now.
    And have been very strict except for the last day.

I almost feel like I should go HT and guarantee my girl ( I know there's no guarantee it would work but if it did it would be a girl)...
    Or try tonight. I don't know.

I know no one can tell me this but I really just don't know what to do...

And what does it mean for my cycles that they are so short? The dr yesterday made that sound like a bad thing on its own. If they were getting so short it could be the end if my fertile window or something.
    Do you ONLY want a girl or do you want another child regardless of gender? If the latter, I would attempt. If you want a girl only, I'd wait until you have at least 8w on the diet, if not 12w.

Drs do make a LOT more money from IVF and bc of the statistics they can be very pessimistic, but as XX explained in her excellent comment, even with bad numbers you may very well still be able to conceive, especially since you ARE Oing at least some of the time on you own. Plus, as I said before, often women with bad numbers have more luck on their own or with clomid/femara than IVF, as bad test results can mean you respond poorly or not at all to ovarian stimulation. Then again, maybe you'll respond much better than expected to stims - you just never know for sure. Regardless I think you have a good shot at a daughter one route or the other, simply based on your age and having had multiple children already. How old are your boys? Did you have any issues conceiving them?

In your particular situation, if you are actually Oing in a day or two, such early O could be another sign of diminishing ovarian reserve. It could also be much later O (around CD26) than you think if you didn't O last cycle and your 'AF' was actually breakthrough bleeding. Wasn't it last cycle you didn't have a proper temp rise? Also, what OPKs are you using?

XX, about half her cycles are under 21 days, some as short as 18 days, going back over a year. Based on her 2 cycles of temping, I think she's Oing about half the time with the other 'AFs' actually being breakthrough bleeding.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, mysweetboys liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden, I don't know.
    I want a girl badly. Badly enough that I was considering HT before I knew I needed help conceiving...
    I have SO many dreams about her. A name. Such a great room.
    Ok yeah. I want a girl. Thanks for making me say that all "out loud"...
    I guess I am waiting to see what the Drs say this week and we'll make a decision.
    I guess what I don't want more than anything, is to try unsuccessfully for a year and then have to do IVF anyway...
    My window is closing, not due so much to my age, but to my kids' ages (6 & almost 4) and to my DH's attitude... He wants to do it now or never and he has always thought we should go HT, basically to get the job done. I'm the one that has hesitations about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well at least you have the support of DH to go HT. I would suspend judgment until you see the doctor again. I would listen to what they say and ask for non-invasive strategies first, since you have hesitations with IVF.

Hang in there! Maybe once they clear your tubes your body can start to do its thing more efficiently. I bet that is the biggest culprit.

FX! Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes mysweetboys liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope your test results provide some insight on which path to pursue. To me it sounds like HT would suit you & DH best, if your drs think you will respond decently. If IVF doesn't work out, you can always try swaying after. We've had multiple ladies who didn't have success with IVF but went on to sway successfully for their daughters. No matter what you have options, and a very supportive DH from the sounds of it.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes hopeful13 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any reason to sway if I end up going HT?
    NO, you can't sway if you go HT (other than using OLE to possibly help get more XX than XY fert. eggs) BUT I do want to point out that your odds may actually be better just chugging along TTC month after month the old fashioned way.

To a little boy with a hammer, everything he encounters looks like a nail, but to an RE, every woman having trouble conceiving looks like a potential case for IVF. This isn't necessarily the case and I think you need to have a very serious discussion about what your odds of getting pregnant with your own eggs, with IVF, even ARE. THey may very well be quite dismal (sorry to sound harsh, I just want you to understand what we're facing here) and you will have to do a lot of invasive stuff and wait out many months you could be TTC.

For IVF to succeed (especially with PGD for a girl) you have to be able to make LOTS of eggs. You cannot do that (if what he's saying is true). But what you CAN do is possibly make a good egg every now and then on your own - and we can fiddle with diet and some supps to make that more likely. You may only make one or two good eggs a year, but with TTC naturally, you only NEED one good egg. YOu don't have to be able to make 30 eggs at once, just one. We like to call this egg Goldie the Golden Egg. The best way to proceed ~may be~ for you to just be like the Little Engine That Could and tell yourself, I'm not gonna get discouraged, I'm gonna keep chugging away month after month and be in position to catch Goldie when she shows up.

RE's do see some people who really truly have NO chance of conception on their own. For those people, it may be worth any sum of money to at least try - after all, if you have zero chances on your own, one in a thousand may still be better than nothing. But a lot of people go into RE's with a better chance on their own than IVF and I have seen WAYYYY too many people who had fine odds of conceiving on their own (and in fact then went on to do so) being told by RE's that they needed IVF and being bullied and scared into it.

The other alternative is to consider donor eggs or embryos but I suspect you're not there just yet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden, I don't know.
    I want a girl badly. Badly enough that I was considering HT before I knew I needed help conceiving...
    I have SO many dreams about her. A name. Such a great room.
    Ok yeah. I want a girl. Thanks for making me say that all "out loud"...
    I guess I am waiting to see what the Drs say this week and we'll make a decision.
    I guess what I don't want more than anything, is to try unsuccessfully for a year and then have to do IVF anyway...
    My window is closing, not due so much to my age, but to my kids' ages (6 & almost 4) and to my DH's attitude... He wants to do it now or never and he has always thought we should go HT, basically to get the job done. I'm the one that has hesitations about it.
    Sorry only just now read this - I would consider donor eggs or embryos very seriously.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just got a +opk at cd6.... Which is crazy on its own.
    I don't know if we should even attempt now or not!
    I cheated last night and this morning on the diet. Been on it for almost 4 weeks now.
    And have been very strict except for the last day.

I almost feel like I should go HT and guarantee my girl ( I know there's no guarantee it would work but if it did it would be a girl)...
    Or try tonight. I don't know.

I know no one can tell me this but I really just don't know what to do...

And what does it mean for my cycles that they are so short? The dr yesterday made that sound like a bad thing on its own. If they were getting so short it could be the end if my fertile window or something.
    WE need to switch you to a different diet now. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html Use atomic fertility diet and you can either do the swaying variation or the one for those who may end up going HT.

Switch to 2000 mcg folate and CoQ10 400 mg daily

What it means that your cycles are getting short is that your body "senses" that you may be coming to the end of the road with your fertility and it's stepping up the pace, shooting out as many eggs as it can in the hopes that one may be fertilized. It is (sorry, just giving it straight) a worse sign than it would be if you had bad results but normal cycles still.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just realized that I can't really even attempt because I have that SHG test scheduled for Wed...
    No point in attempting if it would just be washed away
    you can always reschedule the SHG. if your numbers are bad, I doubt that is what the issue is. Go with your gut though.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    WE need to switch you to a different diet now. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html Use atomic fertility diet and you can either do the swaying variation or the one for those who may end up going HT.

Switch to 2000 mcg folate and CoQ10 400 mg daily

What it means that your cycles are getting short is that your body "senses" that you may be coming to the end of the road with your fertility and it's stepping up the pace, shooting out as many eggs as it can in the hopes that one may be fertilized. It is (sorry, just giving it straight) a worse sign than it would be if you had bad results but normal cycles still.
    I don't think that's what is happening. I think she is actually having 40+ day cycles with breakthrough bleeding halfway through and she's been marking the BB as AF so it appears she is having short cycles. But based on the temping and the alternating pattern, I really think she's actually having long cycles. I've seen almost the exact same pattern in other women, confirmed by many months of temping.

My Ovulation Chart

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast