Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question How much fat can I have?

I am sure I have read this somewhere but cannot find it for the life of me lol!
    I think I have gone over my fat allowance today at 46g as I treated myself to some garlic bread! I am within protein and calories; protein under 30g and cals under 1,100 at the mo although I will bump this up a little later to 1,200ish.
    Thank you :-)
    Also, completely unrelated question, when should DH start licorice root and OLE? How far in advance of TTC? X
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    fat should be 20-30% of your calories for the day. This ranges between 25-60 g depending on how many cals you're eating. NO one should ever go below 25 g of fat for any reason at all.

You are fine at 46 g fat, that's not really even a cheat. If you're only eating 1200 calories (which I normally do not recommend but in Sophie's case, she has a fair bit of weight to lose so she is allowed to eat the lower range of calories - but Sophie do be sure you are not counting low carb veg in your totals for the day because those are FREE.

30 g protein is NOT ENOUGH. LE Diet is 40-50 g protein. 30 g is not safe.

DH start licorice root 2 cycles (6 weeks) before TTC. OLE is as far in advance as you like but at least 6 weeks.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I will get some more protein! I thought I would struggle with eating too much protein but think it will be opposite!
    Is there a list on here of low carb/high carb veg?
    thank you atomic :-) x
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also had the opposite problem when I was swaying. I had a heck of a time getting enough.

Even if you need a bite of meat or two every day, ya gotta get it from somewhere.

There is a list on here somewhere, basically anything that is sweet or starchy is high carbs, the unsweet, unstarchy ones are low carb

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also struggle to get enough protein. I've started having Quest bars (180 cals, 20g protein from whey) to help. If I don't get enough protein I start craving cheese which I can't eat enough of to meet my protein requirements without going over on fat!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will have to look for them or a close alternative! I have struggled again today to meet protein so frustrating! X
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found a wonderful vegan protein powder called Vega Protein Smoothie. It comes in many yummy flavors and only has 15 g of protein. I like it because it tastes yummy and I don't get any carbs with it. One serving is only 90 calories so I add some fruit and almond/soy milk and am still at only 180 calories!

I am trying to loose a little and do this as a meal replacement, since I am weaning DS2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to get enough protein. I get it from potatoes, white bread, white rice, noodles and pasta. I find it hard to stick to the 50g! We're all so different.
    2009 2011 2013 (failed sway)

HRC Jan 2016 - XX transferred - BFN
    HRC May 2016 - XX FET - BFN
    TTC 2017 - BFP!
    Our beautiful baby girl was born in September 2017!

10. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't eat that many carbs-'I'll gain too much weight. Instead, I eat a lot of veggies, fruits, and grains high in protein- quinoa, brown rice, and whole grain pasta. I do have a serving of meat a day- chicken/turkey as I am doing the fertility version of the diet. Even doing that, sometimes I still fall a little short on protein depending on what else I have had during the day. I have switched things up though and have yogurt in the morning and that is helping greatly!

I just ate enough protein for three people with both of my boys. I find it funny I struggle with it now! My habits have done a complete 180 since swaying!

GL ladies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiebj2 View Post
    I will have to look for them or a close alternative! I have struggled again today to meet protein so frustrating! X
    I recommend a bite or two of meat in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast