Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

How does everyone survive the le diet?

Seriously, how do you get yourself in a place where you can stick to it without cheating? I find it miserably hard :/ Any suggestions?
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I suffer from disordered eating (I feel guilty eating most food) and BDD, so those help me a lot. And I also have a lot of experience with restriction from intermittent fasting over the past several years. I think it also helps that I grew up vegetarian.

But some actual tips....

1. Don't buy food unless it's pink friendly.
    2. Don't go to the grocery store hungry.
    3. Drink lots of water and eat lots of broth/soups to keep your belly fuller.
    4. Plan out meals in advance.
    5. Eat packaged foods (soups, bars) so you don't have to calorie count so much.

I wonder if maybe you'd do better on the PCOS version since you don't lose weight easily?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It takes time. For me the hardest was skipping breakfast, but I didn't do it all at once. I just gradually moved up when I ate my first meal by 30 min at a time, then an hour. Kept my coffee in the morning to feel like I had something in the mornings.

It's small steps! You can also reduce the 'in between' meals/snacks so they smaller in terms of calories, but maybe not in volume....ie. have fruit or low cal yogure instead of something more calorific, then gradually wean it out. Drink calorie free hot drinks like tea, it helps feel like you have something in your stomach and gives your hands something to do.

And if you're me, you also get sick a few times with nasty GI bugs that make you nauseous, lol, so then you don't even want to eat! Not recommended though.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

5. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well thanks both of you for the great suggestions. Im having trouble, the progesterone i take makes me feel like im going yo chew my arm off if i cant eat! Grrr...
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The way I coped was to save nice things for my supper time, I skipped breakfast, had lunch then dinner and had a supper which used up fat allowance and included crumpets, biscuits and things I could count within limits but which were sweet! I even counted chocolate at times if had been really good and had the allowance left! It kept me going all day knowing i would get something tasty at supper time. Using my fitness pal was a godsend too! Good luck it does get easier!
    We have 2 perfect little

Harmony results confirm we are having a GIRL!!!! Due 23/09/2015

Our family is complete!!!

Thank you GD and Atomic you are amazing!!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me more about what you're doing. Most of the time when people are struggling, they are being overly restrictive with what they're eating.

Honestly, I had very little trouble with it, but I did the standard and I think you're on AFD, right?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLily View Post
    Well thanks both of you for the great suggestions. Im having trouble, the progesterone i take makes me feel like im going yo chew my arm off if i cant eat! Grrr...
    Ah, yes, progesterone is notorious for that. Also may lower self-control as anyone (like me) who finds themselves spending money on stuff they shouldn't be in their luteal phase. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic what is afd?
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AFD = atomic fertility diet

Excellent suggestion from Lace about taking small steps/easing into it gradually. And always remember that even if you never do the diet 'properly' or 'perfectly', ANY changes you make to your diet will still sway pink. Something is way better than nothing. Especially in your case as you know you can make a girl, plus your recent fertility issues and age sway pink too. I definitely think you should still try your best on the diet to maximize your chances, but it's ALWAYS possible you only need a little nudge to get a girl.

For me personally, a brief (few days to a week) adjustment period works best, and others do best jumping in the deep end right away. It's different for everyone, but I think most do better with some degree of adjustment phase. Experiment with what works for YOU, and don't worry about being perfect during this time. Take it hour by hour if need be and pride yourself on any progress you make no matter how small.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

13. Thanks SweetLily thanked for this post
    Likes LacePrincess, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been on the diet for 9 months now and the only advice I can give is to stick with the same foods. I eat the same things every day at the same times everyday so I don't even have to think about it. I watched so many of those youtube videos ("what I eat Wednesdays") of moms who had girls and the majority of them eat and drink the same things and don't really get any pleasure from food. Now that I have been on the diet so long I have done a complete 180 on food. I used to love it and enjoy every morsel and now I have become completely indifferent and just eat because I have to and go on with my day. Once you get past the first three weeks I think it becomes a habit and it will be much easier. Good luck!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

15. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes SweetLily, XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast