Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Adding on to the bad news...

We've been TTC #2 for a while now, about a month ago we found out that DH has low sperm count (12M per ML) and I just got my own results back. My FSH and E2 are normal, but I had a HSG today and found out I have one blocked tube.

I haven't been able to stop crying. We had our DS within a few cycles 5 years ago, I wonder if he's our miracle baby.

I don't know what to do. What does this mean? Anyone have any experience to share?

I've been so good on my LE veggie diet, exercising, and all that. Now it all just feels like a cruel joke.

I'm 36 and DH is 37, not sure if time is even on our side.

I'm so down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hang in there sweetie. I know it feels like you are in a lonely place, but know it is just temporary. Things seem bad right now, but they are not as bad as they appear. This can all be worked out.

Does your doctor have a plan to unblock your tube? If that is all, I'm sure they can fix it. You might need some meds to help things along a bit, but I'm sure this can be recovered soon.

Take heart. TTCing can be rough. Lord knows I'm in the thick of it to- on cycle 9. My situation is different, but I too am struggling. It will get better. It always does. Know we are here for you if you need to vent.

I am praying that you get your next bundle of joy soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes hanseer liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XXforhubby, your reply made me bawl even harder. No one knows we're TTC, you ladies are the only ones I share with.

It's so hard trying to stay optimistic when it just feels like the odds are stacked against us. If it's not one thing it's another.

I just had my HSG a few hours ago, performed by a radiologist. The next step is tol discuss the results with my ob/gyn and I guess she'll refer me to a RE. The radiologist said that all I need is one open tube and this is surmountable. She says she sees it a lot. But I think the radiologist was just trying to make me feel better because I was a weeping mess on the table.

I have one blocked tube, I think it's the right that is open. I consulted Dr. Google and it seems that Clomid is often prescribed so that at least one egg is released on the good side. But we also have low sperm count with DH. So it's a double whammy.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can relate to how you feel. I also have one blocked tube. That is an easy fix! IF your hormone levels are good then that is great news!! I am sure there are supps your DH can take to help his count also. Hugs!!

7. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes SweetLily liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ask Atomic and NBP what DH can take to increase numbers and quality of sperm. Then wait and see the RE. He/She will tell you the next steps.

My hairdresser had the same thing. They opened her blocked tube, gave her Clomid, a trigger shot to help release the egg, and she is pregnant with BG twins after trying unsuccessfully for 18mo at 37yrs of age! This is her first pregnancy by the way. She married her DH 2 years ago.

Try and relax as much as you can. It feels so uncertain now, but I know in my heart this will get fixed. You WILL have another baby. Hold onto that right now !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes djmommy, atomic sagebrush, momamia4 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry! But as XX says, it can absolutely be fixed/solved one way or another. DH's sperm count can potentially be improved as well.

I too have been TTC a while with no luck and have an RE appt in a few weeks. Statistically, having a specific fertility issue that can be treated is better than unexplained fertility. Getting help is the best thing you can do!
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 28th, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

11. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the support ladies. I'm feeling better after a night's rest. I wonder if I had a blocked tube all along and just didn't know it. I'm thinking that's likely.

djmommy, are you TTC #2? Were you able to get pregnant before with one blocked tube?

Maiden - Completely agree. Knowledge is power and allows for a plan to address the situation. We started testing after 3 cycles TTC and am so glad we did.

DH had high WBC in his SA and after more testing they found he has a UTI. Aside from count, everything else (motility, morphology, PH, etc was normal). He's on antibiotics to take care of the infection and Fertility Blend vitamins to give him a boost.

I was reading more online and it seems clomid or femara is often prescribed when there is only one tube open. Anyone have experience with this?

13. Likes maidentomother, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an ovarian ectopic pregnancy in 2012 snd it's only since then I can't conceive so I wonder if maybe I have a blocked tube, too. Unfortunately, the EP was on my right ovary, and I rarely (maybe 1-2x a year) O from the left. So if my right tube is blocked it would certainly make sense - we haven't TTCed in a month when I Oed from the left, AFAIK. So I'm very much hoping some clomid/femara will stimulate my left ovary. It is often something to try for at least one cycle before attempting to open a blocked tube.

My DF has issues too, including low count I'm pretty sure. It sucks! But I am SO thankful for modern medicine. I think it's likely your DH's sperm will be greatly improved after the infection is cured.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hubs sperm numbers can fluctuate. It may have just been a bad batch. THe HSG actually helps to unblock tubes sometimes, hoping that is the case.

I had 3 kids after 36!! FX it will happen for you soon!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

17. Likes djmommy, maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do a search there are many gals on here who have had a tube removed and gone on to conceive that way. Coralsky immediately comes to mind!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

19. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes Jany1025 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast