Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Conceived with only one Fallopian tube?

I wanted to start a new thread just on this topic - I had a HSG done a couple days ago and found out that I have only one open tube. Unbeknownst to me, I think it may have always been that way. I had DS 5 years ago and it took only a few cycles. But this time around it's taking a lot longer.

Question for those of you that only have one tube open:

1. How long did it take you to conceive?
    2. Did you take any fertility meds (trigger shot, clomid, femara, etc)
    3. And what gender did you have?

Thank you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you typically have O pain on one side vs the other? Most women have a dominant ovary, most often the right. And you think it's your LEFT tube that's blocked, correct?
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 1st, 2015 at 07:43 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have O pain, or I can't recognize it anyway. I saw my HSG X-rays, theres definitely one blocked tube. I think it's my left that's blocked. Not sure which side I usually O from.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I would ask to see if you can be monitored for the next two months to see if you are ovulating from the open tube side and see if you are alternating ovaries each month or not.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh yes I meant to ask/confirm which side was blocked (earlier post edited). So no O pain. Hmm. Do you happen to get a zit on one side of your chin after O any cycles that you recall? Supposedly if you do, it means you Oed from that side. It has been true for me and others I know. Do you know which ovary produced the egg that became your son?

How many months total have you been TTC, swaying or otherwise? Do you just BD a few times before/at O or have you been BDing regularly all cycle long? I think I've asked before, but is it possible you stop BDing too early bc you are Oing later than you think?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maiden, I had no idea that the place of ovulation zit is indicative of the side we ovulate on. I get zits on my forehead during O time, it's usually on the right.

I was in a bit of a haze after my HSG, the cramping was brutal (even after taking 800 mg of ibuprofen 2 hours prior) and I was a mess after hearing about the blocked tube. The radiologist will likely send me her summary tomorrow, and I'll know for sure which side is blocked.

I'm on my 5th cycle TTC. The first few months my timing was way off, I was more strict on the sway (using sylk, supplements, trying to get in only 1 BD attempt, etc). This past cycle (#4) we used CBFB, SMEP, and a little bit of SF lube. I wasn't expecting a BFP as DH found out about his low sperm count and had just started his antibiotics.

I've dropped all sway tactics except for diet, exercise, and folic acid. We're going to continue with SMEP and SF lube.

We decided to start prelim fertility testing after cycle 3 as our health insurance coverage was changing. And thank goodness we did given the issues we uncovered.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh I'm sorry your HSG was so awful. I have very sensitive reproductive organs and I'm feeling scared about getting an HSG myself, eek. I hope my stronger pain meds help...

AFAIK, it's only chin zits that correlate to O side, but maybe forehead zits do too but they just haven't been studied or are rarer (I think they are, at least cyclical hormonal ones). I hope you are Oing on the R though if indeed you're blocked on the L. Fx.

I'm REALLY happy to hear that you haven't actually been TTC very long (considering timing), and I hope and think there's quite a good chance you can conceive fine on your own but just haven't gotten lucky yet. I'll be praying it happens soon and you don't end up needing further help. Intuitively, I'm now feeling very optimistic for you. I will be surprised if you're not pregnant in the next few months max. Fx fx fx!
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 2nd, 2015 at 01:08 AM.

My Ovulation Chart

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hanseer, sorry to hear about your hard time....

I had my right tube removed last April following an ectopic pg. I conceived two cycles after and gave birth to a little boy last Thursday (my 4th son!)

I know it's different circumstances and issues but just thought I would let you know it is possible to conceive with one tube only no matter which side you ovulate as the tube will go get the egg even if it comes from the opposite side.

Wishing you all the best. Xx
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

10. Thanks hanseer thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    O pain cannot tell what side you're ovulating from. There are several people on here who had O pain from the side they DIDN'T ovulate from because ovulating can actually relieve pain/pressure, like popping a pimple.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes hanseer liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hanseer View Post
    Maiden, I had no idea that the place of ovulation zit is indicative of the side we ovulate on. I get zits on my forehead during O time, it's usually on the right.

I was in a bit of a haze after my HSG, the cramping was brutal (even after taking 800 mg of ibuprofen 2 hours prior) and I was a mess after hearing about the blocked tube. The radiologist will likely send me her summary tomorrow, and I'll know for sure which side is blocked.

I'm on my 5th cycle TTC. The first few months my timing was way off, I was more strict on the sway (using sylk, supplements, trying to get in only 1 BD attempt, etc). This past cycle (#4) we used CBFB, SMEP, and a little bit of SF lube. I wasn't expecting a BFP as DH found out about his low sperm count and had just started his antibiotics.

I've dropped all sway tactics except for diet, exercise, and folic acid. We're going to continue with SMEP and SF lube.

We decided to start prelim fertility testing after cycle 3 as our health insurance coverage was changing. And thank goodness we did given the issues we uncovered.
    Please put NO credence into the idea that side of ovulation has anything to do with where you are getting pimples. Hormones move through your blood****** and I do not see how your body would limit them to one side or the other considering there is blood flow over your entire body.

We had a woman on here who's egg actually crossed across her entire abdomen to come down the other tube (she only had one.) I was skeptical too but then I researched it and found out that it has been observed on quite a few occasions.

Evidence indicates that most women do not tend to alt. sides every month, instead most women do O more often on the right side, but still will O from the left now and then. A few women do O mostly from the left. There may be some interplay between the tube and the ovary that makes you more likely to O from the side with the "better" tube anyway so this may not be anything to be concerned about.

I think that the real issue is what is going on with DH and that is where you need to focus on.

I agree with Maiden that I am very optimistic you will be preggo within the next few monts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes hanseer liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast