Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dilemma/ need advice

So AF hasn't arrived ( due in 3-4 days) but pregnancy tests show up being negative.
    Part of me is happy yet a bit sad bc I'm concerned as to why we couldn't conceive with our one attempt ( 2 days before positive opk).

Also I will be faced with the dilemma whether to take 25mg of clomid for this cycle or not.Last month I didn't have clomid and looks like my clomid is estimated to arrive on CD 4 ( I will be taking it CD 5-9).

So my question is what would you do.
    If your husband didn't know about the medication and was opposed to twins would you still take it and not tell him ?

Would getting a scan at all help with lowering my chances of getting twins?

Please give me some input.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's tough. Based on reading your other posts I got the sense that you didn't feel as though you *HAD* to have a girl and were at peace with whatever would come of a sway. I felt the same way and knew I would never take clomid to sway because it crossed a line for me and knew I would be ok with another boy. Being pregnant with twins is incredibly scary (DH and I both were opposed to that side effect of clomid!) and if I knew I had caused this twin pregnancy with medication I'd feel extremely guilty about it. Basically what I'm saying is which is more upsetting to you - a failed sway or twins (due to medication)? If a successful sway is most important I would take the clomid. The odds are still relatively low of twins even on clomid.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not take clomid for fun without having a scan. That's what jon and Kate took and she had 6 babies.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The doctor actually refused to do the IUI because of her scan and she and Jon had sex anyway and got pregnant with 7 babies. One died early. So not worth the risk and lying to your husband about it is just wrong.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    The doctor actually refused to do the IUI because of her scan and she and Jon had sex anyway and got pregnant with 7 babies. One died early. So not worth the risk and lying to your husband about it is just wrong.
    OMGOSH! I never knew this to be the case. Wow! That is totally crazy!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One attempt 2 days before OPK is at best most likely a 3 day cut off, but could well have been a 4-5 day cut off or even longer, especially since AF being 'late' suggests you Oed later than you think. Not everyone Os the day after a positive OPK, it often takes a few days, sometimes several. Or you can fail to O despite an LH surge and not actually O until a couple weeks later after surging again. Without temping or using OPKs daily all cycle long, though, you can't know.

So I wouldn't assume one attempt is inadequate. I'd assume your timing was off and there weren't enough sperm remaining by the time you finally Oed.

I would never lie to my husband about taking clomid bc I'm big on honesty especially in regards to matters that affect both parties and that the ignorant party feels strongly about. I have been lied to/deceived about medication/drug use by significant others and I felt very betrayed. But I don't know your DH or your relationship.

I do think you should get a scan, but if you absolutely can't, I think you will most likely be fine on 25mg CD5-9. Good luck whatever you decide!
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 4th, 2015 at 08:45 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank for the replies everyone.
    Since the clomid was self prescribed when I call the scanning place what do I tell them? I don't want them to think I'm crazy.
    If I tell them I want a scan aren't they gonna say why am I not going to the place where I got the clomid from?

Also what does the scan tell me as far as number of eggs/ follicles and is it a good predictor to minimize the chance of twins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you ever had a scan if your ovaries before? Do you have PCOS? It's just risky not knowing how you may respond.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have PCOS and I've never had scans of my ovaries.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand your dilemma. DH is aware we could have multiples on clomid. However, I explained to him that they might not all fertilize. And I haven't had a normal period since June 2011 (pregnant, breastfeeding, mirena) so it's not like I'm been ovulating and am overstimuled. Our problem is we are getting 9 inches of snow today..supposed to get scanned today or tomorrow. RE said "sex at your best judgement" if I can't get scanned. Are you willing to try on your own for a few months before taking clomid? Or will you be upset if next month you get a boy? Just some food for thought

-8 -5 -3

swayed for but expecting another

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast