Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ordered custom sway, diet/medifast question in the meantime....

Hi,

I ordered my custom sway plan a couple of days ago, but would like anyone's input in the meantime.

I'm 35, DH is 40. No kids. I have PCOS. I have lost about 80 pounds in the last 9 months or so on the Medifast diet. (Still have about 50 to go.)
    (Medifast diet= 800-1000 calories/day, low carb, 80-100 grams protein/day) It's VERY heavy in soy protein, which is thought to sway boy. Also, VERY fortified in vitamins/minerals, which also makes me nervous.

My question: Should I switch to PCOS version of LE diet (which is still much higher in carbs AND calories) than I have been used to, or should I stick with Medifast, which I KNOW I can stick to 100%? I'm stressing out about "messing up" the numbers with the LE diet, and I know stress also sways boy. So, even though Medifast is high in soy and vitamins, it's super low calorie and super easy to follow for me.

Also, I have DH on Cranberry (I was taking it for last 10 days but will no longer be taking, as it seems to be outdated info.) I was planning on having him take LR for AF-0, but THAT seems wrong too, as he is 40. So much conflicting information out there.

Also, in general, my body loses weight quickest/easiest with low carbs, hence Medifast working so great. I've run the numbers on MYFitness pal with the PCOS version of LE diet, and carbs would have to be much higher than 80 grams in order for MACROS to work out.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Since we are "older", we don't have alot of time to waste.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure about the diet...I've never heard of Medifast. Is it low in fat? I personally think fat sways more than protein. I also think soy protein is fine for a pink sway, but generally it's considered bad for PCOS bc it's estrogenic. Do you snack on this diet or is 2-3 meals a day?

I'd for sure start doing an hour of cardio exercise daily. Can you get Clomid or Femara? They are very often prescribed to PCOS ladies and sway strongly pink. DH can take Olive Leaf Extract, no LR.

Welcome! I just turned 34 and am swaying pink for my first, too. Been swaying over a year actually...hopefully it doesn't take you that long.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    Thanks for the response. With Medifast, you eat a total of 6 times per day. You eat 5 of their pre-packaged "meals" which are typically 100 calories each and about 15 grams of protein each, and you eat 1 "REAL" meal per day consisting of a protein, veggies, and some form of fat. It is definitely LOW calories, LOW fat (less than 35 grams per day of fat), between 80-100 grams of protein per day, total. I have NEVER had any problems with blood sugar. I have tested many, many times and don't have any glucose issues.

I can definitely start with cardio daily, and I can also get a prescription for Clomid, as well.

As for diet, I just feel like I can 100% follow the Medifast diet, as I did it for 8+ months, and the PCOS LE diet seems so complicated to me. I feel like my stress levels on the LE diet would be through the roof, as I would be driving myself crazy trying to track every little thing, and I know high stress sways blue.

Again, I appreciate your response.

As for your sway: Wow, OVER a year, eh? That's a LONG time to be following the LE diet! Having turned 35 in November, I REALLY hope it doesn't take me that long!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The PCOS diet is actually really easy! You just pick the required number of items from the sections. No counting or anything. You will be fine ��
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you combined the mini meals so you only ate 2-3 meals daily consisting of 2-3 packages, and possibly you'd need to up cals/add more packages total daily as eating less frequently you may need more cals. Anyway if you did that, I think you could stick to the Medifast meals and it would sway pretty pink. But it's essential you stick to 2-3 meals daily, try to have 12-16 hours overnight between last meal of previous day and first meal of next day, and no snacking. Bc you have PCOS I think you can get away with a higher protein diet, it may even help. 35g fat daily is perfect for pink.

A full 2 months on the modified Medifast diet + daily cardio would be a strong sway I think. Then you can start TTC and Clomid well help strengthen your sway further.

The one thing I'm potentially concerned about is all the vitamins. How heavily fortified are we talking, in terms of daily RDA values? Maybe sticking to the current amouny of Medifast packets daily but adding in some nutrient poor foods as needed to up cals would be best to keep vitamin levels lower.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Soy protein does not sway blue. That idea has been pretty much debunked.

Stress also really doesn't sway boy. Starting new projects and being detail oriented about them, may sway blue, though.

If Medifast is working for you, carry on. What tends to happen is that as you lose weight, your insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance will improve as the weight comes off and then at your lower weights you will be much better able to tolerate the PCOS diet than you would be. IT is also going to be much healthier pre-pregnancy than the Medifast is.

At the point in time you are ready to TTC, hopefully you will have the weight off and my strong recommendation would be for the Atomic Fertility Diet version of PCOS diet, which is still going to be pretty low carbs but high enough for a healthy pregnancy. I also strongly recommend exercise 60 min. 6-7 days a week to keep that insulin sensitivity going.

I am working on your plan now and have put this plus a couple supps that will help you, in there.

Nutshell - keep going with Medifast for now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic,

I also want to add that I will be getting a prescription for Clomid when I see my doc in two weeks. I don't know if that's going to change your plan for me.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I rewrote the plan to include the Clomid, should be getting to you soon. Thanks for patience as this was a complicated plan and then I needed to add in the Clomid. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Clomid for you!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ