Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No one was more surprised than I was, but it became pretty obvious at the start of last year that it was the number of attempts that was swaying and that the frequency patters were doing nothing. I started playing around more and more with dropping frequency and keeping one attempt, and our success rates actually went UP when I did that.

I just want everyone to understand that frequency patterns (aside from abstain) were something that I MADE UP 4 years ago because it seemed sensible given the state of the information we had (which was sperm count/numbers themselves swayed) that they would sway. At that point, there were no theories that even GUESSED that one attempt = girls. Once it became evident that no, some how, some way, it is number of attempts and NOT frequency, and that all frequency seems to do is lower odds of conception (because we had several swayers 2011-2013 who kept frequency but added attempts because we did not know any better, and got boys even with otherwise outstanding sways) then it's time for them to exit stage left.

I think one of the most important things we are doing here is finding out what DOESN'T work. I think that many of the sway sites like to make things so overly complicated so they can't be blamed for opposites but that's not the way we do things around here. We want you gals to get pregnant fast focusing on that which really works!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks essnce629 thanked for this post
    Likes Boyboygirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree. It's all a
    Process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in 2ww. Although trying to be good re :LE diet. I have not lost much on the diet (I am In the right ranges and skipping breakfast). I ate more yesterday (snacking more than I should have), and I lost 2lbs!

Is the point of the diet to send signals that the body is in starvation and not lose weight necessarily or is losing weight essential and a PCOS diet may be better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet and cycle...please help

If you have weight to spare, losing weight is fab. If you don't have much to lose, hold steady so ovulation doesn't stop.

The point of sticking to the diet in the 2WW is two fold- A) you don't undo all your hard work if you have to keep swaying if you end up getting a BFN. B) I'm loosely quoting Atomic here- based on research that has been done XX embryos develop better in a low glucose environment. Sticking to the diet in 2WW is ideal. Remember cheating is ok, just don't over do it.

FX and GL!!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles1012 View Post
    I am in 2ww. Although trying to be good re :LE diet. I have not lost much on the diet (I am In the right ranges and skipping breakfast). I ate more yesterday (snacking more than I should have), and I lost 2lbs!

Is the point of the diet to send signals that the body is in starvation and not lose weight necessarily or is losing weight essential and a PCOS diet may be better?
    Cross the word "starvation" out of your mindset because this is NOT and never has been meant to be a starvation diet.

YOu are trying to send a signal to your body that food may be scarcer and it will reduce your fertility which also may sway pink. But NOT starvation because you will stop ovulating!

I do think losing weight can help (and studies back this up_ but beyond that, if you aren't losing weight, it may indicate that the standard diet could be raising your blood sugar and your testosterone and may even end up swaying blue, so you NEED to switch diets if you are gaining weight at eating 1500-1800 cals a day.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In question to atomics response - I think I've plateaued at 130. Just this week I've bumped my cals doe from 1500-1800 down to 1200- 1400 bc I wasn't seeing results. I weigh in on Wednesdays. If I'm STILL at 130 (with very minimal cheats this week!) what are you're thoughts? I'm 5' 2". I was 125-130 when I got pregnant with ds4, so I was *hoping to get a fair bit lower before I made my attempt but time isn't on my side. Id be happy losing 2 pounds a week until my attempt(s).

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I say "starvation" I meant having hunger pangs when you are not eating for 12+ hours through the night and morning. By no means is 1500-1800 cals a day starvation. You do get use to it, especially the breakfast aspect.

I was not losing weight on the LE diet. So hard to know. I will have to do my reading for a diet switch.
    Hitmebabyonemore time...I am exactly at the same plateau as you re:weight and I am the same height.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just getting used to the diet, I hope in my case it's just a minor tweak in cals. I'm also doing cardio, which I tend to eat what I burned ykwim? So I think I'll take my whopping 340 cals I burn and keep them in the bank.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I strongly, strongly recommend against anyone who is having issues with delayed O, dropping cals! Tthat may contribute to delaying or stopping O!

13. Thanks Hitmebabyonemoretime thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles1012 View Post
    When I say "starvation" I meant having hunger pangs when you are not eating for 12+ hours through the night and morning. By no means is 1500-1800 cals a day starvation. You do get use to it, especially the breakfast aspect.

I was not losing weight on the LE diet. So hard to know. I will have to do my reading for a diet switch.
    Hitmebabyonemore time...I am exactly at the same plateau as you re:weight and I am the same height.
    That's fine of course, I just have to consider all the people who may be lurking and reading posts who read that and then assume that they ought to starve themselves.

Anyone who is not losing weight when they feel like they should be, consider switching to one of the alt. diets in the PCOS thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast