Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bd advice needed asap!

Atomic amd I discussed switching to every 4 day pattern with 1 extra attempt at opk. Mainly because my bmi is in the 17s and I am on month 2 of my 3 months of clomid.

I had my follicle scan on wednesday and I have 4 mature follicles, but still no positive opk. By my cramps and the fade in line on my wondfo, I expect to see a positive either later today or tomorrow.

Anyway, the plan was to bd wednesday, sunday and thursday yet. Thursday is cd 20 so mostly likely not a viable attempt, but I wanted to add one more just in case I ovulate later than opk shows. Here is where it may get confusing.

If i get a positive opk today, that will put us at an every other day pattern....wed, fri, sun and then thursday. If i get a positive tomorrow it will be two days in a row, which atomic and i kinda anticipated. So now what do i do if i get me positive today...i definitely dont want the every other day boy pattern!! Also hate to not get a positive this month with such a good response to the meds. But is o-3 and o-1 good enough odds?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bd advice needed asap!

I'm sorry I can't give you any recommendation but totally can understand the dilemma of when you bd if you are doing every 4 days plus additional attempt at ovulation.

I wouldn't stress too much and try to figure out how far the attempts will be once you get an opk bc once you do get an opk, that's not ovulation day for you anyway.

Would love to know what other gals say.
    Also I didn't know every other day pattern was boy friendly.

I bd on a Sunday and then on a Tuesday making it a day apart. I know I had 2 Attempts. Honestly I was under impression number of attempts in the fertile window is what's more important and not how far apart they are.

Can someone chime in on what threelittlemen is asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HealthyGirl; April 17th, 2015 at 10:44 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post
    I'm sorry I can't give you any recommendation but totally can understand the dilemma of when you bd if you are doing every 4 days plus additional attempt at ovulation.

I would stress too much and try to figure out how far the attempts will be once you get an opk bc once you do get an opk, that's not ovulation day for you.

I bd on a Sunday and then on a Tuesday making it a day apart. I know I had 2 Attempts. Honestly I was under impression number of attempts in the fertile window is what's more important and not how far apart they are.

I think the eod is boy because it rebuilds sperm count, but could be wrong.

I also know the rules are slightly different for me with clomid and that is part of my confusion. My personal plan was done prior to this medication. So I am not sure at what point more still sways pink.
    Last edited by Threelittlemen2013; April 17th, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bd advice needed asap!

Can you ask atomic?
    I know you need to get pregnant sooner since you've been on clomid for a while and that could effect your lining.

So if you bd tonight, when would your second attempt be?
    Monday or Sunday?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was originally going to have the trigger on wed, so the original plan was night of trigger and day after. Leaving me with 2 attempts. Opk now is darker than this am but still not positive yet. I am going to test once more this afternoon just to make sure i don't miss the surge if it is happening today.

I really think I am starting to overanalyze this and will just bd at opk and sunday as planned and let it go. If I dont see a positive soon, I will just start a 3 day pattern.
    Last edited by Threelittlemen2013; April 17th, 2015 at 01:59 PM.

6. Likes Dutchgirl, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my positive tonight. Assuming I ovulate tomorrow as I normally do the day after my positive, I will have dtd on o-3 and o-1. My next attempt then would be o+1. My next attempt would be sunday night (should be o+1) to follow the 4 day pattern. Think my conception odds are decent?

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think those are great attempts!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

10. Likes Threelittlemen2013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic! FX and GL! I feel really good about this for you!

12. Likes Threelittlemen2013 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IT DOESN'T MATTER what the pattern is. Every 2 days, every other day, every 4 days, all boost sperm count. It is number of attempts in fertile window that count.

All this is largely academic for you now, Three, because you're on the fertility meds and have been for a few months now and it is time to stop screwing off here and start getting preggo.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyGirl View Post

I wouldn't stress too much and try to figure out how far the attempts will be once you get an opk bc once you do get an opk, that's not ovulation day for you anyway.

ALL the regular release patterns - every other day, every 2 days, every 3-4 days, are technically blue friendly patterns. But we got crappy results even with the pinkest of the pink frequency patterns (7-10 days daily release and 7-10 days abstain) and it has become glaringly apparent that it is number of attempts that matter and not the frequency of release.

One attempt has gotten between 70-75% success for pink
    2 attempts has gotten betwen 60-65% success for pink.
    3 attempts goes all the way down to 40%.

THat is all the more I can pin it down. honestly, i do not think it would matter even if I did. Let's say it goes up to 66% with 2 attempts and pink frequency pattern, the stress that it causes people and the lower odds of conception is not worth that one percent anyway. On paper you may think "I want every percentage point I can get" but it looks very different once the BFN's start piling up. It is SOOOOO much better to be in with a decent chance of conception than sticking to a sway that gives you slim odds of conception because over time, people either panic and drop everything, or they diet and exercise long enough to mess up their odds of conception.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes Hbuhs, Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast