Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I totally want to bail

I started off strong but now this diet is spinning out of control.
    My plan was LE for 9-12 weeks - and I felt good about that but now I'm 5-6 weeks in and TANKING my diet.
    I've had meat, more calories than I want, and WAY more FAT than im comfortable with.
    I do well all week (mostly); I skip breakfast and am pretty much vegan all week - and then the whole weekend is a cheat. . I have zero will power and don't know how to handle social situations at all. We're talking burgers and cake and pie.... 80 grams of fat tonight, 73 yesterday 60 on Friday.
    Like I'm seriously discouraged and because I have a tight timeline to conceive in I actually do feel like I've blown it.
    Is there anyone out there that pulled this diet off the with 5-8 weeks bc I feel like I have to start over or just say "eff it".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't be so hard on yourself! Going vegan has got to be super hard and I don't think you have to go that hardcore to get a girl. Plenty of women have got their girls without even going vegetarian, just cutting back on meat. Plenty just limit red meat, but still have a small serving of chicken or pork daily. That's what I did. Vegetarian lunch and then about a 1/2 cup size serving of chicken, pork, or white fish at dinner. Much easier. Also, all three of my best friends who have 2 daughters each (and no sons) eat meat and my one best friend who is a vegetarian has 2 sons (and no daughters). So yeah, I don't think you have to be a strict vegan to get a girl. I was still able to stick to the LE diet guidelines while still eating a small serving of meat daily. Eating the same vegetarian lunch every day (~550 calories), made it easier for me to eat more at dinner and not stress as much about it. I just didn't go back for seconds like I normally would! Are you drinking coffee? I feel like that helped me stay fuller longer. And what about chewing sugar-free gum? That's what I do between meals.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

3. Thanks kitkat18, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I'm vegan for 2 years now! The transition is not easy, it take lots of planning and your body detoxes from all the meat & dairy and can make you feel icky... There are a ton of recipies on line that can be just as "meaty" portabello mushrooms are great! Be easy on yourself!! I got both my girls eating meat and am now a vegan wanting a boy, lol. Maybe go vegetarian instead so it's not such a big leap good luck!

5. Likes Dreamofpink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you mamas. I actually cut the day to day animal products without trying mainly bc of calorie and or protein levels but it's these
    Fat levels that are scaring me a little. Plus I had a week of not tracking at all in cuba and I have no idea how bad I did.
    I do drink coffee, and also crystal light. I don't do so bad with skipping snacks it's these dang dinners with deserts that are getting me. I have one more big event before my first attempt but I think I'll decline any more social events until I can feel more confident or I have extra willpower bc right now all I want to do is eat cake and if its in front of me its gonna happen lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The day my daughter was conceived I ate a giant cheeseburger and it was delicious! . I found the diet very hard... so I feel for you. I did not eat red meat until after i made mu attempt. I mostly ate carbs and veggies.My best advice is just to not stress about it. Also i was totally eating sweets and drinking more alcohol then I normally do. I have no idea what worked but I think it's a combination of everything (suppliments/diet/one time attempt ) that does it.. not just one thing like JUST diet. I hope this helps! 😊
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

8. Thanks Hitmebabyonemoretime, kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stephk recently had her daughter and she was perfect on diet during the week and then had cheat day/days every weekend. Personally I think being overly strict during the week is driving you nuts. Most people don't go full vegan, it's really not necessary.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should clarify im not completely vegan - I probably used that term too quickly. I cut meat, and then found myself dropping milk bc I wasn't eating the copious amounts of cereal or oatmeal anymore, then found myself not cooking eggs like I used to (3-4 x/week or more!) and butter and cream too just bc of the fat
    ; but then come the weekend I have cream in my drive thru coffees, and all the other stuff I mentioned.
    Thanks for being so supportive - im trying to stay positive in that I have made big changes and overall during the week it's a massive change.
    I do still want to hide on weekends now though lol
    I can't wait to scarf down a bunch of burgers without thinking of it as a crime

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I totally want to bail

First of all, you don't have to start over! Just regroup! I would allow yourself to either have two planned cheat meals over the weekend, one each day, to get you through and have something to look forward to. This way you won't be blowing the entire weekend. If that is still too hard, then I would add in small amounts of meat at one meal each day, 2-4oz of chicken or turkey. That may help a lot especially with the fat. For some reason with me, by month 10 on the diet, I started to crave fat. Adding in 2-4oz of meat at one meal a day took that away for some reason. I had to add in meat at one meal to increase my fertility though- it was crap!

Hang in there! This diet is tough! Know you are doing great and have an excellent chance at getting a girl.

12. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you XX - I just wish j had more time - I didn't want to sway to hard when af wasn't here yet, and ds was still breastfeeding a lot. Now that the planets are starting to align I really only have a short window to make this work. I have to stop early August.
    I wish I didn't have any wedding booked for June 2016, or I'd block it out of my calendar and ttc longer
    I was going to try and make my girls attempt in May but have only been on the diet for about 5 weeks and exceed the cardio at 60 mins is just now becoming regular.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally hit me baby I would not skip a month otherwise you might be constantly starting over!! Yes LE sucks but after being on it for 8 mths I can tell you it became like second nature for me the strain of TTC for that long outweighed the annoyance of the diet. Everyone's suggestions are great! Are you excersizing? If so up your calories a bit if not what worked for me was pretty much eating the same thing for lunch every day then I ate pretty much whatever DH cooked for me for dinner. I also chugged down diet coke like there was no tomorrow! Another option is adding in a third smaller meal so 11am lunch 5pm dinner 9pm snack. I would totally cheat at least once/twice per week just not everyday. My little lady is in my arms now . Good luck LE gets a lot easier as you figure it all out. Copy others meals! Stephk had some great really healthy ideas if you search an old 'what we are eating thread'. Xx

15. Thanks Hitmebabyonemoretime thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast