Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can breastfeeding affect chart?

Can breastfeeding affect thermal shift?

Ive had EWCM until today (its now dried up) Ive also had +OPK yesterday and the day before and yesterday I had immense ovulation pains (in both ovaries)

The thing is, I was ceratin I've ovulated but I have had no thermal shift. I am still breastfeeding, could this affect my shift/temps? Or is it more likely that ive had an annovulatory cycle (despite all the pains?)?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So reading online aparently without temp shift, it means no O. Sort of hoping i dont get pregnant now as for the past 4 days ive been binging on crisps, chocolate and icecream and i havent been skipping breakfast... probably ruined my sway completely now

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you only had the OPK+ yesterday it is probably too early for the temp shift. I would expect it to go up tomorrow or the next day if you have ovulated.

Do you still feed in the night? It might be hard to get accurate temps if you are waking up to feed.

Don't worry too much about what you have been eating the last few days as it is the last few months that counts! A few days of being on the LE diet won't sway much just like a few days of cheating won't turn your sway the other way.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes True Blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BFing can affect your cycle, but you will still get a thermal shift if you O. Sounds like you have yet to O.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes True Blue liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BF can affect your temps and stuff but you would have realized it already.

I suspect that your body geared up to O but changed its mind for some reason and decided to wait (you absolutely can still get O pains from this). This does not mean you had an anovulatory cycle, your body can still O at a later point in time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if this is helpful but I ovulated on day 30 of a cycle and got pregnant with my first! My cycles were messed from just getting off birth control.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post