Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Is O-4 still on the fertile window?
    If a person was super fertile (as in, on a high fertility diet and husband with uberhigh sperm count) then possibly it could be. But practically speaking, even under ideal circumstances very few pregnancies occur from BD on that day and with swaying, it would be very very difficult for enough sperm to stay alive 4 days from a shot on O-4. THe odds are very high that most if not all sperm from that batch would be dead and gone before your next attempt and thus I qualify that as one shot.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime, purple liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by covered in blue View Post
    My DH wanted all this swaying stuff explained to him so I just told him that for whatever reason lower sperm count equals more girls and so we only want one lot of sperm meeting the egg and not two. He was happy with that . I wonder if it's that simple though!
    It probably isn't, and there is some primitive communication between the sperm that makes some "sleep" and some "wake up" and that may be something that sways. If the X decide to wake up and the Y's stay asleep until/unless another batch shows up, kind of thing. THere's also the idea that some sperm actually attack other sperm and kill them off.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It probably isn't, and there is some primitive communication between the sperm that makes some "sleep" and some "wake up" and that may be something that sways. If the X decide to wake up and the Y's stay asleep until/unless another batch shows up, kind of thing. THere's also the idea that some sperm actually attack other sperm and kill them off.
    Atomic, but theres always both sex sperm waiting equally for the egg right? I mean theres always some male and female both there when the egg arrives?
    (2004) : (2006) : (2007) : (2010) (2013)
    (2018) (2018) (2019)
    (2020)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe with one attempt the body thinks it has to try and conceive the most likely gender to stick as its not gonna get another attempt, but with a few attempts it might think it can take a chance on blue as it knnows theres a regular male around and can have another chance!

I'm pretty sure my last 3 girls were a one attempt aswell

6. Thanks Eln1991 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes but if 80% of the ones that are awake are X, and only 20% are Y, you can see the X would have a huge advantage (I don't believe it's ever 100%)

Sperm can't fertilize anything when they first come out. THey are dormant. They have a thick cap on the top of them that melts (capacitates) and only after that are the sperm able to fertilize the egg. Once they lose this cap they die fairly quickly but with hte cap on, they can live for days. There is some way that sperm can "talk" to each other so that they are not all losing their cap and dying at the same time. So it may very well be the case that something in the maternal environment is "communicating" to the sperm and making mosly X or mostly Y wake up. Or it may be that something the sperm "tell" each other is doing something. Probably a combination of lots of things
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 22nd, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes but if 80% of the ones that are awake are X, and only 20% are Y, you can see the X would have a huge advantage (I don't believe it's ever 100%)

Sperm can't fertilize anything when they first come out. THey are dormant. They have a thick cap on the top of them that melts (capacitates) and only after that are the sperm able to fertilize the egg. Once they lose this cap they die fairly quickly but with hte cap on, they can live for days. There is some way that sperm can "talk" to each other so that they are not all losing their cap and dying at the same time. So it may very well be the case that something in the maternal environment is "communicating" to the sperm and making mosly X or mostly Y wake up. Or it may be that something the sperm "tell" each other is doing something. Probably a combination of lots of things
    Thanks, i understand that!
    (2004) : (2006) : (2007) : (2010) (2013)
    (2018) (2018) (2019)
    (2020)

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
    Delete please.
    Last edited by Dreaming_blue_and_pink; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:13 PM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreaming_blue_and_pink
    Delete please.
    Last edited by Dreaming_blue_and_pink; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    O pains do not tell you when you Oed. Even if it worked for you this time (which I am not intentionally trying to doubt your word, I am just trying to talk ANYONE else from using this method and also you yourself from using it in the future). There are tons of things that can cause pain around ovulation and many people even notice worse O pain in the ovary that doesn't even ovulate!

I would just like to clarify since Dreaming chose to delete her posts, that my issue with anything she wrote was simply that she knew when and from what ovary she ovulated from because she felt it. But after researching it extensively I do not believe this to be a plausible method to pinpoint ovulation. Even if it worked for her, and maybe it did, it doesn't mean that it will work for anyone else in any reliable way. I have further explanations of why I believe this to be the case later in the thread and also a discussion of why it's not a good idea to go off O pains.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 23rd, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

14. Likes Adia liked this post
    Dreaming_blue_and_pink
    Delete please.
    Last edited by Dreaming_blue_and_pink; May 22nd, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast