Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My first thread re lactating

I want to throw this out there in order to get some advice from maybe people who have been in my shoes or have some tips

My current LO will be seven months on the 26th and I have been exclusively pumping since he was a week old. I do have a PCOS so the fact that I am able to provide enough milk for him to drink was a miracle in itself. That said I'm also 36 and this is only my second child Born 13 years after my first one so I would like to continue to try for a daughter as my signature line states but need to have cycles and ovulation in order for that happen. My original goal was to provide only breastmilk for the first six months and I have been able to do that. On March 13 I did drop to only pumping every six hours and that still did not trigger a cycle. I have been pumping about every eight hours since May 3 still no cycle. I'm well aware that they say low-carb and or grain free and no sugar is what PC OS people need but in the past even eating that way didn't really help me. How this LO is here I really don't know other than the fact that may be due to age I just spontaneously ovulated.
    That said I'm torn between going back to pumping four times a day or staying at every eight hours and only pumping three times a day it means a little less breastmilk for current LO but I'm hoping that I can at least ovulate because if I don't ovulate I don't have a chance of even trying to conceive a daughter.

I read a post on this board about breast-feeding and trying to conceive a girl it said that you could breast-feed around the clock and take vitex a.m. and p.m. first half of cycle and ovulate ....

But you would like to know that it is the first half of your cycle and since I'm not cycling that would mean either wasting pregnancy test or opks which don't work for pcos.

Thanks for brainstorming with me
    Teen 2001 Toddler 2014
    x as many as The Good L-RD would bless us with
    Currently
    Wanna be a magnet
    Challenges=hypothyroid and age
    Proverbs 13:12

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1922d6

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya I feel where you're coming from mama. I was there too. I had to wait a full year before my cycle came back. It's all you can really do imo. You could try the Vitex for 2 weeks and just stop and wait and see what happens I suppose but definitely don't take it longer than that.
    Waiting is always the hardest part and I get that you feel you have a time bomb under you....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about pumping a bunch of milk for a month or so (like power pump) and then TTC? That way babe will have some freezer stash.

4. Likes True Blue liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is clomid safe when breastfeeding/pumping? if so: maybe you could consider clomid?
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana-Alicia View Post
    Is clomid safe when breastfeeding/pumping? if so: maybe you could consider clomid?
    It is as long as the baby is over 18 months- that's what my RE said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingofpinkafter2blue View Post
    What about pumping a bunch of milk for a month or so (like power pump) and then TTC? That way babe will have some freezer stash.
    I would be hesitant to power pump- that might send signals to your body that you need to make more milk for the baby and your cycles might be delayed further. If your get regular cycles while nursing now and got regular AF early on, it might not effect things for you. With DS2, I got AF at 6 weeks postpartum and it always came like clock work. No amount of nursing effected things for me. If you're that way too, then go for it, but if you're still waiting for your first AF I would be hesitant.

FX and GL to you!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya Clomid can dry up your milk a little too; it def decreases my supply... So if you go that route look out for that.

Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a tough one, cause I understand you don't want to jeopardise giving your LO breastmilk for the possibility of a pregnancy only. I also got AF a few weeks after I gave birth and have been regular since, no matter how often I fed my boys. However, I think the average women get their cycle back while breastfeeding after 14 months or so. How long are you still hoping to breastfeed him? Do you want to ttc asap? You could consider maybe feeding him a few more months (or more, I get that, I fed both my boys several years) and then consider clomid? It sways pink!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But if you just power pumped for a month and then stopped, it would only be a month and you would build a stash. Sudden changes to nursing actually can bring on a period.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingofpinkafter2blue View Post
    But if you just power pumped for a month and then stopped, it would only be a month and you would build a stash. Sudden changes to nursing actually can bring on a period.
    You can not just stop breastfeeding without risking an infection, this can be very dangerous. You always have to reduce the feeding slowly to prevent this, especially when the baby is this young and mother is breastfeeding/pumping frequently.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast