Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many months?

I was wondering for people who have swayed for a girl and are pregnant, how many months of trying it took for you to get pregnant. I am on month 4 of no luck which I know really isn't that long, I have just always gotten pregnant within the first month or 2 of trying (I have 2 boys and always just tried when I got a + ov and the next 2 days) and so it feels like I'm doing something that's making me not able to get pregnant. I have done the benadryl, aspartame drinks, Rephresh/sylk, and use a few supplements and we have been doing FR with a 2-3 day cut off. Some people tell me they think I am too thin to get pregnant because I lost so much when I was BF last year but I am 5'9" and 130ish and I get positive ov tests every month and a period that is extremely regular so I don't think that's it.

Does it typically take people a long time to get preg. on a girl sway? I have already stopped using benadryl and we have not been as strict on the FR but I wonder if I should cut more things out to increase my chances.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both my boys were oopsies, but it took 5 cycles to get a BFP when swaying girl. Unfortunately, that BFP ended in a miscarriage at nearly 7 weeks. My best friend was swaying girl with me too and it took her 7 months to get a BFP. Her pregnancy also ended in a miscarriage at 12 weeks. 5 months later she got another BFP, but that ended in an early miscarriage as well at 5 weeks. She's been trying since November 2013 and still has no baby and is not pregnant. We are both 33 and have 2 boys each, who were all conceived easily. Sorry to be the Debbie Downers.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How many months?

I swayed for a girl and it took 8 months and 9 cycles to get my BFP. DS1 was a OHW, and DS2 took 3 months- I conceived the second month after a miscarriage with him.

Hang in there! FX and GL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks feetje thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed girl and have a DD now 6 weeks old. It took me four cycles to conceive her and 8 mths on the LE diet ( I had to take a few cycles off as DH was sick). Both boys were conceived first try. I have to say I have seen a lot of successfull girl sways fall pregnant first time and others it took a while ( the longest in my due date group was 8 months). Try not to worry ( easier said than done). Drop all background noise like rephresh, sylk ( unless you need it) and stick to one attempt, LE diet and excersize. Just remember it can take couples not swaying 6 months to fall pregnant.Good luck!!! Xxx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it can take a long time I am just so used to not having to spend time trying at all so it makes me feel like we are doing something to cause it or maybe my cutoff is too long before O or something. :P So frustrating

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd drop all the jellies, antihistamine, fR, and the cut off. I'm not doing any of that and I'm only on second month TTC. Just do 1 attempt at OPK. That has much better odds of conception and still great chances of pink. Remember you have to get pregnant to get your girl! What else are you doing? What other supplements are you taking?
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am taking vitex, saw palmetto and baby aspirin and my husband takes cranberry. I already dropped the antihistamines, and was just considering dropping the rephresh also, and just trying to ease up on the specific positions and all that that makes trying not fun at all. :P My friend who has 3 girls and a boy has gotten preg with each of her kids using only timing (not to say it's 100% not coincidence, but who knows) and swears by trying up until the OPK shows positive, but not trying on the day it is positive so that's where I've been cutting it off. So basically we try when it gets closer to showing positive and stop when it does.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It took us 2 cycles (although they were long cycles so 3.5 months). It took much longer for my boys so I'm still surprised it happened!

I would recommend changing to one attempt at OPK+ as that has really good results. It also gives more chance of conceiving being closer to O.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would drop the cut off, I think you're too far off O. Have one attempt at O, that's what I'm planning on doing anyway. I also get pregnant really quickly, but with my youngest i tried shettles with the cut off of about 3 days and it just wasn't happening.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with these ladies. Dump the cutoff. Also when you say you try up to... Be cautious how often you dtd bc you could wind up o-ing early and have more than one attempt in your window. That's where the every 4 days is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast