Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

what is going on?

Hi ladies. I am currently in the process of ttc and made my attempt last Tuesday (19th may) which was cd12 (I had a +opk) but last night, cd19, when I went to the loo I had some blood when I wiped which has picked up the pace this morning so, although I know spotting can happen for any reason during a cycle, I am going to assume it's AF. The same thing happened to me last month except my cycle was 21 days instead of 19, which if this is AF that's what this cycle length has been. My question is, if I'm correct and it is the witch how can I correct my cycle length? As I'm thinking it's pretty near impossible to get pregnant with such a short cycle. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by mandyp85; May 27th, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if this would be the right way to go but is it worth me popping to see my doctor and explaining my problem to them? I was thinking of maybe stretching the truth a little and say it's been going on for a few month longer than it has in the hope they may mention clomid?

3. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I understand correctly you have a short LP? Don't know if clomid can help that. I know there are supplements to lengthen LP, but I think AS will chime in and give some sound advice.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

5. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I do yes, I don't chart but have used opks and it seems like this month I have only had a 6/7 day lp and it's something I would rather try and rectify sooner rather than late. From my understanding clomid can help with a short lp so I'm hoping it can help me with my cycle and with my sway :-) thank you for taking the time to respond.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If clomid helps, yes I would def go and use that. Great for a pink sway
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

8. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a very short LP. I would definitely talk to your doctor. I think they may give progesterone for that. Not sure though.
    2009 2011 7/2016

Due in October with our baby girl!

10. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this is happening repeatedly, there's probably a problem with your ovulation going on. I get it, I'm there too. I've been ovulating super late after a looooong run up of EWCM, and then an LP of like 4-5 days. Urghhhh.

I'm still waiting for my new round of fertility tests to come back, but for now my RE has me on Femara 2.5mg.

Just so you know, these days most RE's seem to not like prog supplementation, at least not right off the bat. The current thinking is that any LPD is a symptom, not a cause. The cause is poor corpus luteum due to poor ovulation. So the theory is they want to fix your ovulation and a strong ovulation will then fix your LP. Whereas propping up your LP with prog might extend your LP, but it won't give you a good quality egg, and you still won't conceive without a good egg.

Clomid isn't a great idea if you have lining issues - Clomid tends to thin lining anyways.

Have you had a fertility workup done to see what might be going on? Sorry you're having issues, it really does suck!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

12. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Likes Dana-Alicia liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    If this is happening repeatedly, there's probably a problem with your ovulation going on. I get it, I'm there too. I've been ovulating super late after a looooong run up of EWCM, and then an LP of like 4-5 days. Urghhhh.

I'm still waiting for my new round of fertility tests to come back, but for now my RE has me on Femara 2.5mg.

Just so you know, these days most RE's seem to not like prog supplementation, at least not right off the bat. The current thinking is that any LPD is a symptom, not a cause. The cause is poor corpus luteum due to poor ovulation. So the theory is they want to fix your ovulation and a strong ovulation will then fix your LP. Whereas propping up your LP with prog might extend your LP, but it won't give you a good quality egg, and you still won't conceive without a good egg.

Clomid isn't a great idea if you have lining issues - Clomid tends to thin lining anyways.

Have you had a fertility workup done to see what might be going on? Sorry you're having issues, it really does suck!
    Bless you, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems too, I hope it all gets sorted for you quickly as you are right, it does suck. I live in the uk so I don't know what the stance is here with clomid and how they would deal with my problem. I haven't yet been to the doctors but I will try and get an appt tomorro. I'm only 29 so I'm not sure egg quality is an issue for me to be honest, I'm thinking, hoping, that's it's something that is relatively simple to fix. I hope everything goes well for you.

14. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    Bless you, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems too, I hope it all gets sorted for you quickly as you are right, it does suck. I live in the uk so I don't know what the stance is here with clomid and how they would deal with my problem. I haven't yet been to the doctors but I will try and get an appt tomorro. I'm only 29 so I'm not sure egg quality is an issue for me to be honest, I'm thinking, hoping, that's it's something that is relatively simple to fix. I hope everything goes well for you.
    Oh you're lucky you're still young! Oh to be 29 again....LOL.

The only good thing about being older than that magical "35" number, is that everyone takes you seriously LOL. So at least there's minimum waiting and I don't get the 'just keep trying' line. OTOH, the 'you MUST do IVF *now*' line gets a bit old too.

You still have time though at your age. You might want to give CoQ10 a shot at boosting your egg quality while you wait to get in with your doc. I'm taking CoQ10 800mg/day. And have your DH on a good fertility vit can only help and won't hurt your sway.

There's also vitex or B6. Neither worked for me in the past but you can look into it.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

16. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LacePrincess View Post
    Oh you're lucky you're still young! Oh to be 29 again....LOL.

The only good thing about being older than that magical "35" number, is that everyone takes you seriously LOL. So at least there's minimum waiting and I don't get the 'just keep trying' line. OTOH, the 'you MUST do IVF *now*' line gets a bit old too.

You still have time though at your age. You might want to give CoQ10 a shot at boosting your egg quality while you wait to get in with your doc. I'm taking CoQ10 800mg/day. And have your DH on a good fertility vit can only help and won't hurt your sway.

There's also vitex or B6. Neither worked for me in the past but you can look into it.
    I don't feel very young some days trust me ha ha but I am lucky in that sense, it's all very strange to me as I have never had trouble like this before, always found it easy to conceive, I'm in unknown territory so I appreciate the advice, thank you :-) I really do have everything crossed for you that you get a healthy bundle soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast