Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much weight should I try to lose?

I'm just curious. I'm about 165 and 5'4, so overweight. I lost quite a bit last year when I went on the InGender diet. I'm just curious if there is a certain % or number I should be aiming for? I've lost 5lbs in three weeks, which is good but not very fast. I absolutely know that I cannot handle the vigorous exercise and limited calories so I'm going the no exercise route. No exercise is better than moderate levels right? I all ready feel like such a slug!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have any previous children? what weight were you when you conceived them?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had three boys.

DS1 (5)- I was about 200lbs
    DS2 (3)- I was about 180lbs
    DS3 (Angel in June)- I was about 165 my current weight.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the idea is to lose as much as you can in a short space of time (if you have it to lose) and, if possible, to get to your lowest pre conception weight and/or your lowest adult weight.

The reason for losing weight quickly (in a not very nutritious way!) is related to the Trivers Willard hypothesis, whereby your body will think 'times are hard' and that resources are limited if you're doing this and, hopefully, will 'want' you to conceive a girl because a girl needs less resources to raise and produce grandchildren.

The low-everything diet Atomic devised also advises restricting protein because protein helps your body to build testosterone and for conceiving a girl we want lower testosterone (the idea with being your lowest ever adult weight is that you're guaranteed to have lower testosterone than you ever have because you'll have less muscle - if you've lost in this manner).

Thirdly, it's been proven that for a girl conception you want your blood sugar levels to be low - so no breakfast and no snacking - and 2 or 3 spaced out meals only.

I just saw your siggy, I'm so sorry about your little boy x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was really hard losing him. It certainly changed my mind about gender disappointment, which I am grateful for. Prior to starting my sway I was working out about 4 days a week. It was usually about 30 minutes of cardio. I dropped lifting weights over a month ago. I get really hungry if I skip breakfast but I've been managing ok. I'm just not sure I will be able to keep my calories/sugar low if I'm strenuously working out. Hummm... Not sure what I should do. No exercise is better than moderate exercise right?
    Mommy to three boys
    (5) (3) ^^ 6.11 TTC But another would be ok.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that losing weight quickly right before ttc will likely sway more than being at your lowest adult weight that has been pretty stable for a while.Example Suzy conceived her son when she weighed 190 pounds so in the month before she got pregnant again she lost 20 pounds because she was not eating much,i really think this would sway more than Sally who weighed 190 when she concieved her son then she lost 60 pounds in a year and then after being her steady weight of 160 for another 6 months she concieved again i think this has way less sway power because her body is not as shocked by the weightloss and less food.This is just what i gather and others may dissagree.I also think a combo of both of these would be pretty good too.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the strenuous exercise for a week then decided to take the no exercise option - it was hard, especially with no breakfast! Moderate exercise which builds muscle/testosterone and probably makes you healthier and boosts fertility sways blue. On the other hand, if it's an important part of your life and you're not being hard core about your sway then perhaps stick to a gentle walk a few times a week - sitting indoors doing nothing because you're afraid to exercise too much is pretty depressing actually!

On the sugar thing, just to make sure I was clear, eating sugar is ok (and encouraged on the low-everything diet because it's a source of empty calories and lots of girl mums have a sweet tooth!) but we try to keep our blood sugar levels low by not snacking and not eating breakfast. A few of us have found that drinking coffee (with or without sweetener) and/or diet pepsi/coke helps to get between meals. I also chew sugar free gum.

I agree q-of-h that the weight loss is probably the most important part!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone! This forum is so great.
    Mommy to three boys
    (5) (3) ^^ 6.11 TTC But another would be ok.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When i sway im going no exercise eventhough i dont exercise now because i would be out cold with strenuous exercise every day and no breakfast lol
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FullSimpleLife View Post
    I'm just curious. I'm about 165 and 5'4, so overweight. I lost quite a bit last year when I went on the InGender diet. I'm just curious if there is a certain % or number I should be aiming for? I've lost 5lbs in three weeks, which is good but not very fast. I absolutely know that I cannot handle the vigorous exercise and limited calories so I'm going the no exercise route. No exercise is better than moderate levels right? I all ready feel like such a slug!
    5 pounds in 3 weeks is actually just right in terms of healthy long term weight loss.

No exercise WITH weight loss on a low protein diet is def. better than moderate exercise, but you need to be losing weight either way.

Lose as much as you can with the goal in mind of being at your lowest adult (or if that is unreasonable, lowest pre-pregnancy weight.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast