Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

CM question... thoughts?

Right up front here is your warning: This might be considered a TMI post!

Ok, so I am taking clomid and last night and today my CM was kinda "milky"... like a hybrid of creamy and watery... a very thin sort of creamy. I am not sure how else to describe it. Anyway, DH and I DTD tonight (protected) and I was painfully dry... afterward I was curious if my CM had changed somehow so I checked and noticed a smidge of EW. Not nearly as abundant as normal, but definitely a stretchy EW. So, I am not sure why I was so dry if EW was there in any amount, for one, esp since even when my CM is sticky I don't have this issue normally (not that this is a question anyone can answer for me, just thinking out loud, so to speak). For two I am wondering how much EW is ok for pink? This wasn't our BD attempt and I am not surging yet so I don't know if what I saw was nothing more than arousal fluid or the beginnings of CM change and I need to know at what point does it become necessary to try to dry things up a bit with benadryl or something, but not kill any chance of conception in the process. Last time I used clomid I was using mucinex and preseed, so for all intents and purposes this is a whole new world for me and I am not sure what to expect as far as how much EW I can expect on clomid, or how much is ok for a pink sway. I am assuming if there is not enough to prevent painful intercourse that we are still in the safe zone but just curious for future reference. And is there such a thing as too little EW? I've read on here that a lot of EW sways boy, but I believe I also read (I think it was one of atomic's posts) something along the lines that you need to have some EW for conception... am I remembering right? Anyway, bottom lines: How much EW is too much and is there such a thing as too little (as in is it possible to conceive with no, or next to no EW... like if your CM was creamy for instance)? TIA
    Last edited by twointow83; June 30th, 2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't answer all your questions I'm afraid and I have no experience of being on clomid but I can tell you that I had absolutely no noticeable ew when I conceived the baby I am currently pregnant with, I too only had creamy cm, which I've read is the cm associated with better odds of conceiving a girl I'm sure someone else can answer this better for you, just wanted to let you know it's not impossible to conceive without seeing ew. Good luck.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

3. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mandy.

Today it is sticky... now I am REALLY confused I am only CD 11 and I've been using OPKs and no surge yet... so surely I didn't miss my O, right?
    Our family is complete

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We simply don't have the data to answer these types of very specific questions. We simply don't know and it is very likely that there are changes in even EWCM that may possibly sway that we can't see with the naked eye anyway. You need some EWCM to get pregnant with any baby (although you may not always be able to see it, it's there)

I can tell you I got my 4th boy with absolutely no visible CM and did not even realize I had ovulated because of it. My pH never went up and I never saw EWCM checking pH and CM/CP 2-3 times a day (doing a more old-school kind of sway). With my daughter I did have EWCM so I can guarantee it is possible to get a boy without EWCM and a girl with it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 30th, 2015 at 01:32 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On Clomid you should never use Benadryl to dry up CM unless you are in the very first month (MAYBE two, if you like to live dangerously) on the Clomid. After that, it has to go. It cuts odds of conception too far and the stats are crapola being the same as the overall success rates of the site. Don't trade something with shyte statistics and lower odds of conception for CLOMID which is the gold standard!!!

8. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, so here is a question. I mentioned before my CM had turned sticky on me. I checked it again and it was crazy weird... don't even know how to chart it... It was still sticky-like BUT a teesny bit of it stretched about a half inch before breaking and I was able to replicate it once more and not since. I have never seen anything like it before! Is that what you mean by there always being a bit of EW even if it doesn't look like it?
    Our family is complete

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, atomic means that there is often/usually EWCM right up at/inside the cervix, where it really manners. Swaying pink I often had no or very little EWCM that I noticed on my panties in my fertile time (vs a week plus of copious EWCM not swaying), but when checking my cervix I could ALWAYS feel a bit up there at my cervical opening for a a few days before O.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    No, atomic means that there is often/usually EWCM right up at/inside the cervix, where it really manners. Swaying pink I often had no or very little EWCM that I noticed on my panties in my fertile time (vs a week plus of copious EWCM not swaying), but when checking my cervix I could ALWAYS feel a bit up there at my cervical opening for a a few days before O.
    Ah, well that is where I check my CM.. at the cervix. The only time I can tell what my is CM otherwise is when it is EW.
    Our family is complete

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twointow83 View Post
    Ok, so here is a question. I mentioned before my CM had turned sticky on me. I checked it again and it was crazy weird... don't even know how to chart it... It was still sticky-like BUT a teesny bit of it stretched about a half inch before breaking and I was able to replicate it once more and not since. I have never seen anything like it before! Is that what you mean by there always being a bit of EW even if it doesn't look like it?
    There is EWCM up inside your cervix where no one should be poking around. This is necessary to get pregnant but it may not always come out in a locatin where you can see it. WHat happens is, semen acts like a "life raft" and gets up and around everywhere and then the sperm can swim from the "life raft" of semen into the EWCM up inside your cervix even if you never see any EWCM on undies or even checking in VJ.

I think you are totally overthinking all this and I strongly urge you to quit checking it all together. You don't need to and all this thinking and pondering and wondering about it serves to keep swaying in the forefront of your mind all the time. It doesn't matter.

13. Likes twointow83, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup you can have creamy CM at the opening but EWCM inside. Trust your body!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post