Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attempting sooner and other concerns...

I started veggie LE on May 1 but had an 11 day blip in June where I went completely and utterly off diet (still skipped breakfast but that was more from habit than anything else at this stage) I went back on diet with small amounts of white meat added to my veggie diet on June 22nd and have been well behaved since then. We have been aiming for an October attempt since we decided to sway this past March but last night when reading over some past sways I started thinking that if it doesn't happen in the first cycle or two (which is highly likely) we will have to postpone swaying until Jan or Feb next year (due to several travel and family commitments) I was thinking of starting our attempts after my August cycle which would mean attempting around Sept 12/13th, or even attempting the previous month around August 10/11th. I am presently sedentary but am getting back exercising 4-5 times a week from this weekend. I am taking 800milligrams of Folic Acid and started Fiber this week twice a day (Benefiber, I'm presuming that is ok?) I am also on 305mg of Iron a day for iron deficient anaemia but hoping to be able to stop that later this month or August at the latest. I am weaning off of 50mg of Zoloft after being on it for PPD for a year, I should be off it completely by August. Would diet since May (minus the "blip") and exercise from now be enough to sway or should I stick with our original sway dates? I am afraid of having another "blip" the longer I am on diet and worried the exercise will cause more weight loss or even too much weight loss (I am 125lbs at the moment, usual weight of 140lbs which I have shed slowly over the past year or so in preparation of swaying) I have had Hyperemesis Gravidarum on my boys and am afraid my body won't be able to carry a healthy pregnancy if I were to lose any more weight and then have HG resulting in further weight loss. Any help/advice much appreciated ladies x
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don 't worry about the blip, I think you should TTC in August to avoid any more weight loss given the history of HG. But your call to make. Do NOT wait till January or February because of a few days off diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Don 't worry about the blip, I think you should TTC in August to avoid any more weight loss given the history of HG. But your call to make. Do NOT wait till January or February because of a few days off diet.
    Thanks Atomic! The HG was something I didn't even take into account until my mother took me aside yesterday and pointed it out. Should I try to be off the iron by August then if we are going to ttc then? Odds are we won't get lucky first time anyway, right? We'll be doing every 4 days all going well - and every 4 days is like DTD Monday, skip Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and DTD again on Friday right? Just so I'm clear on that lol. My cycles seem to be 32 days on average with AF lasting 6-7 days and an LP of 13 days so if we were to DTD on CD8, then CD12, then CD16, and CD20 that would have us trying at O-3 and O+1 or should we start DTD on CD7, 11, 15 and 19 making the attempts O-4 and O day? And should we use any lubes etc? I was going to have DH take OLE from mid July and start LR at the end of July if we go ahead with trying in August. I was hoping to get my hands on some Clomid alas it was not to be. Along with diet, exercise and the single attempt in my fertile window does that sound like enough? I don't want to try a "kitchen sink sway", I get Martha enough over ttc or at least I have in the past so this time I have made a conscious effort to be as laidback as I can be.
    The reason we would have to skip trying in late Nov or Dec is cause I am maid of honor at two weddings later next year and a Nov/Dec conception would mean I'd be due the week of either wedding - which wouldn't be too bad I suppose but I'd rather not risk it.
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stay on the iron, I use that all the time for pink swayers. You can reduce to 3x a week but any history of anemia you should stick with it.

RE every 4 days, it's not set in stone, if you want better odds of conception you can move it up a day (end up attempting O-3 and O day) or leave it just as it is for possibly better odds of pink but lower odds conception.

Diet, exercise, and one attempt are getting best results, everything else seems to get in the way of conceiving with those things and is not helping much if at all anyway.

Lubes are getting neutral results and cutting odds of conception, if you are sold on them, then use them, everyone else can drop them as they are not seeming to help at all. with DH on OLE.

6. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks AS!! Good to know about the iron! Does it sway either way? And I will leave it as every 4 days, odds of a girl are more important at the moment I can always go to every 3 days if the first cycle or two is a non runner. Good to know on the lubes, I will leave them out in that case.

Thanks again, oh and PS - love your avatar pic! Your DD is just beautiful #majorlybroody lol!!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, totally agree, I love the new avatar, so cute!

Hopper, I'm thinking you'll be able to get Clomid in time for your September cycle but not your August one, if that makes a difference.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

9. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Atomic, totally agree, I love the new avatar, so cute!

Hopper, I'm thinking you'll be able to get Clomid in time for your September cycle but not your August one, if that makes a difference.
    Thanks maiden!! Oh I am confused now lol. The Clomid would make a huge difference to my sway wouldn't it?!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Significant, yes. Even big. But I wouldn't say huge; diet is definitely way more important and probably exercise too. In your case I would probably wait until September but it's really your call.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

12. Thanks hopper thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks hun I think I will play it by ear. If I feel I'm losing too much weight I will try in August and if I feel ok to hold strong with diet and exercise I will wait til September! I think I would be a bit more confident in my sway if I added Clomid though!
    2012 2014 2016

14. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I think that if it's a part of an overall HE Diet it may sway blue a bit but when you're doing LE, you need it and it can't amount to anything because your diet as a whole is not blue friendly. Few nutrients on their own sway strongly (exception, B6, B12, and D)

Thank you!!!

16. Thanks hopper thanked for this post