Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing- did I mess up?

For some reason every time I feel I have this down I read something that confuses me lol . I was under the impression that doing it every 4 days with condom until pos OPK and then once unprotected at pos OPK was a good sway.
    I just read though that abstain and then once at pos OPK was better (or frequent release before O which won't happen I don't think).

So we did it right after my period stopped (Monday), then again three days later (today- Thursday) and I *might* get a pos OPK Tuesday or Wednesday -ish. Did I mess up my sway? Should I skip this cycle? Should we abstain now? Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What you did/are doing is great! Abstain is actually not a very good taxtic. You're golden hun.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't abstain - keep with your pattern. If you decide in future cycles that you want to do the one attempt at pos opk then I suggest not abstaining before, but dtd protected. Until you get your pos opk. That is if they work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK there are two aspects going on here that are SEPARATE but people tend to think of them together.

1)Number of unprotected attempts

and

2)Frequency of your husband's release (this is the abstain, frequent release, regular release, hurry up FR, compressed FR)

Sticking with one attempt is BY FAR and away the most important of the two. For reasons we don't know, having one unprotected BD in that fertile window has been very good results for us. THe pink frequency patterns are cutting odds of conception hugely and getting disappointing results so what we are doing now is dropping pink frequency patterns and doing regular release (which is what your husband is doing with the every 4 days protected) but keeping the one attempt. This is proving to be a good compromise between getting pregnant more quickly (because if people don't get pregnant quickly, they start adding attempts which is less successful a sway than one attempt is and/or they diet too long and end up stopping ovulation and having to basically eat a blue diet just to restore their cycles again) and swaying.

Some people really truly feel that they have to do everything in order to sway or they can't live with themselves. Those people choose to do a frequency pattern like abstain or FR with one attempt, and I"m ok iwth people trying that at first, but I quickly have people drop frequency and keep one attempt. So all you guys are doing is skipping the part where you do the thing that ISN'T working for a better chance of conception with what IS working.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes BellaVita liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    What you did/are doing is great! Abstain is actually not a very good taxtic. You're golden hun.
    abstain regardless of number of attempts has been actually LOWER than the overall odds of the site. While this may be a bit of a statistical red herring...meaning that if the only people able to get pregnant this way are super fertile and may be more set for blue to begin with hence the stats are lower than one might expect across the population...it clearly isn't ADDING anything to a sway either. When things are actually helping a sway, we see them with higher success rates than the site as a whole and abstain AND FR neither of them are getting that done. Not even close. And given that they have cut odds of conception so much, they just aren't worth it.

What is not evident on the stats is that at the start of the site, we did not yet know about the one attempt being such a good tactic. We hadn't even guessed at that. And there were a lot of people who were keeping antihistamine, jelly, frequency (abstain/FR) and then adding attempts, and it was the lowest success rate we have ever had. Adding attempts really sways strongly blue and it's important to keep that one attempt and drop the crap that isn't working!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! Feel much better now lol. I totally cheated on my LE diet this weekend because of the holiday so I have to get back on that tomorrow. Hope you all had a great holiday!!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post