Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE diet and shortened cycles?

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the LE diet could effect cycle length? My cycle is always at least 30 days (usually 31) but on CD 25 I got my period. I was on the IG diet but switched over to the LE diet. I guess I have been on the diet almost two months now.

It may just be a fluke but I thought I would ask.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen the diet both shorten and lenghten cycles, so yes, it's possible. But a fluke is always possible too. Fx next month is more normal.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. I have recently stopped the LE diet (I got my bfp mid June) and I can tell you that the last few cycles before I got my bfp were getting shorter and shorter, went from 28 days, to 21 then to 18! From what I have read tho any change in your cycle (apart from due to PCOS) can mean you are in a good place for conceiving a girl so although it was a little frustrating, as I was worried I wouldn't get pregnant at all with an ever decreasing cycle length, I took it to be a good thing :-) good luck.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's always possible that the LE Diet shortens or lengthens cycles, the good news is this may be part of how it works. Changes in cycle seem to come along with successful sways many times.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes mandyp85 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it's always possible that the LE Diet shortens or lengthens cycles, the good news is this may be part of how it works. Changes in cycle seem to come along with successful sways many times.
    I really hope this is the case for me :-) my hopes are not high but I think you are always better preparing yourself for an opposite so that's what I'm currently doing.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post