Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exercise question!

Evening all 👋 I was just wondering, re the 60mins of moderate cardio exercise; does it have to be 60 minutes of continuous/consecutive exercise? For example, I'm planning on a lunch time swim tomorrow but will only manage the 30 minutes of my d's' swimming lesson, so could I edfectoely "top it up" with a 30minite run or would it have to be the full hour running? Also, how "moderate" is moderate? Eg I ran 10k in 50minutes - would this be about right, not quite the full hour but going at it pretty hard to get that time for the distance?

Thank you 😃 x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I have gathered (and anyone can correct me if I am wrong) but the point for the 60 mins of cardio is to keep your heart rate up for the consecutive 60 minutes. I was only managing about 30 to 40 minute stints several times a day when ttc my non sway DS2 so this time I am dedicating 60+ minutes every evening once everyone is gone to bed cause I don't get time otherwise! I was doing couch potato but stopped losing weight on the diet and the cardio is getting great results so I hopped on it
    2012 2014 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it has to be 60 min. all together. Reasoning is because it takes 45 min. for your body to burn off all available carbs in your blood****** and then you start burning stores of fat as fuel, and something about this seems to sway strongly pink. 50 min. is GREAT though, and if you are capable of doing 10 k in that time you are burning carbs faster than average anyway and can totally get away with that. No worries there. Keep doing that.

Does NOT need to be running though, it can be walking or swimming or whatever. If you were able to swim during the lesson and then walk with him for another 30 min, even if there was a bit of a break in between while you got dressed or whatever, as long as you didn't eat anything, I think that is just dandy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks 3'sacharm thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did read something off this site that implies that vigorous exercise on an empty stomach is more likely to break down your muscles (which may reduce T levels) so it could be good to not have just eaten lol but I woudnt do it hungry to the point you might pass out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exercising without sufficient protein results in the breakdown of muscle, goes against everything ive been training for over the last 8 months ���� lol!

Atomic - I'm sure you have, but have you gone over the stats from the babies born during the 2nd world war, specifically those born to Jews within the concentration camps? Supposedly more girls were born, although babies generally were "disposed of" by the nazis. Very much supports all you say here re malnutrition and depleting the body of nutrients though.x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkypokey View Post
    Does it make any difference what time of day you exercise? Exercising before a meal, your body would be running on empty and forced to burn more stored fat? Or does timing not matter? I think I saw something about this in another thread by I can't find it again.
    I want you guys to do what works best for you to stick with because if you're miserable and unable to function you're not going to be able to stick with it anyway. Eat before or after exercise, just not both and I think it's ok. Don't eat during, either.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3'sacharm View Post
    Yes, exercising without sufficient protein results in the breakdown of muscle, goes against everything ive been training for over the last 8 months ���� lol!

Atomic - I'm sure you have, but have you gone over the stats from the babies born during the 2nd world war, specifically those born to Jews within the concentration camps? Supposedly more girls were born, although babies generally were "disposed of" by the nazis. Very much supports all you say here re malnutrition and depleting the body of nutrients though.x
    There's also a study from the Chinese famine with more girls, and then two other studies that seem to show more boys conceived in a couple other famines. I think that analyzing that data is actually quite tricky because only the mothers in the best condition were able to conceive and they may be more set for boys to start with. The mothers in the worst condition stop ovulating almost right away and/or cannot sustain a pregnancy (and we see this all the time on here even with pretty decent diets, way more food than people in a famine are eating...cals drop and ovulation stops right away.) So the women who are able to even get pregnant to begin with are more likely to have boys than others because their condition and fertility is high enough to stay fertile in terrible conditions. I really feel that if not for this quirk Trivers Willard would be totally proven already. It's very interesting!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3'sacharm View Post

There's also a study from the Chinese famine with more girls, and then two other studies that seem to show more boys conceived in a couple other famines. I think that analyzing that data is actually quite tricky because only the mothers in the best condition were able to conceive and they may be more set for boys to start with. The mothers in the worst condition stop ovulating almost right away and/or cannot sustain a pregnancy (and we see this all the time on here even with pretty decent diets, way more food than people in a famine are eating...cals drop and ovulation stops right away.) So the women who are able to even get pregnant to begin with are more likely to have boys than others because their condition and fertility is high enough to stay fertile in terrible conditions. I really feel that if not for this quirk Trivers Willard would be totally proven already. It's very interesting!!!

10. Thanks 3'sacharm thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamofpink liked this post