Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One last try...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One last try...

It occurs to me as I type this that it's the 2 year anniversary of me being a member of GD. And I was swaying in IG for years before that, so I think I'm officially on "old timer" now. I'm getting set to try One. More. Time.

A bit about me...
    I'm turning 39 this year, and dh is 46, so we're not spring chickens. I have a 15 yo ds from a previous relationship (oops-pull-out-baby), and dh and I have 2 ds's together, age 5 (through-the-condom baby...who knew that actually happened?!) and age 3 (swayed girl but got a lovely boy on the first try instead). With how easy it's been in the past for me to get pregnant, I thought trying for baby #4 would be a breeze. That was two years ago. I've been through many months of TTC with no luck, as atomic can testify. (She's a great hand-holder, btw!)
    We did get lucky in July of last year, but I mc'ed at 6 weeks. Most devastating thing that has ever happened to me. We jumped right back on the TTC horse, and I had a chemical the next cycle. We got lucky again in September that year...but lost that one just before Christmas at 11 weeks. After 2 back-to-back losses, I decide to take a break for a couple of months. All of the weight I'd lost on L.E. diet had come back wit the pregnancies, and I was just feeling depleted and unhealthy. And just when I was ready to start again, I broke my foot pretty badly in March and tore a ligament, which had me on crutches for 3 months while waiting to find out if I need surgery. Needless to say, no TTC per doctor's orders. I'm still going through rehab for my foot, but I'm finally walking again! A miracle for me! I'm hopeful that surgery won't be needed and I can TTC finally again.

My plan for pink...
    I find out Friday what the next step in my foot rehab is, but as long as there's no surgery in my future, I'll be cleared to TTC!
    Testing for low progesterone this cycle as my cycles have been super long and wonky ever since the first mc. Also re-testing for all the fertility hormones.
    I have about 30 lbs to lose to get to my "ideal" weight, so I'm going to try the weight watchers route for diet. Since I have had the mc's I'll probably not strive for low nutrient as far as veggies/fruit go, but no vitamins or fortified foods. I'll still be eating some poultry and fish but no red meat. Full fat dairy.
    We're going to try every 4 days, possibly starting in September. I'd really love to wait a *bit* longer, as I know the babies born in cooler months have a higher chance of girl, but I'm not sure waiting is smart at my age.
    I'm taking methalated B vitamins because I tested positive for heterozygous MTHFR. I'll also be taking baby aspirin for that and Femera as soon as we decide to TTC, and possibly progesterone supplements from O to AF if I test low.

I'd love any thoughts/advise/feedback on my plan! I hope to keep updating this thread with GOOD news in the next few months.
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry this has been such a struggle for you. I hope this is it!!! Praying you get your pink sticky bean!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no advice I'm afraid, just wishing you the best of luck xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So glad to see you again Girlie!!! I've been on GD almost as long as you and still no baby either! DH has starting doing the pull out method, and even condoms a few times, since my miscarriage in October so my chances are pretty slim, but I'm still doing a light sway since there's always a tiny tiny chance that one lone sperm will find it's way. I hope you are more lucky than I am. You deserve it so much! After all you've been through I think your light sway sounds great. I found out I am homozygous for MTHFR as well so I'm also taking methyl folate instead of folic acid. Did your doctor say to start taking baby aspirin as soon as you start TTC'ing or once you're pregnant? At my last physical my doctor said I don't have to start taking it till I get a BFP, but that was from my primary doctor, not a hematologist. Will you be taking it every day? Is your DH taking olive leaf extract? My DH will take anything I give him so at least he's been on OLE this whole time. I've gone back to eating my normal paleo/primal diet, but I'm still skipping breakfast, eating only 2 meals a day, and not snacking. I have about 2 tbsp of heavy cream a day in my cappuccino, but that is the only dairy I have. Fingers crossed for you and sending you lots of positive vibes!!! Good luck!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I have no advice for you, apart from that I agree you should not skip months ttc based on the cooler month idea, I'm sure atomic would agree also as given your age ttc time is very precious, I have 3 boys born in cooler months and my only girl born in summer so it's certainly not proven to be correct in my case. I do want to wish you all the luck in the world though, you sound like you have been through a lot and you thoroughly deserve it. Xxx
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sending tons of sticky pink dust your way! Femara is great for your sway. ((((hugs))))
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone! It's been a long road so far, so the support of all of you ladies on here really helps.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Did your doctor say to start taking baby aspirin as soon as you start TTC'ing or once you're pregnant? At my last physical my doctor said I don't have to start taking it till I get a BFP, but that was from my primary doctor, not a hematologist. Will you be taking it every day? Is your DH taking olive leaf extract?
    My last midwife said to take it while TTC, but I think maybe she just wanted to make sure I was on it while pregnant. (As if I'm not obsessively testing when TTC, lol!) I'll be taking every day, but just the lowest dose. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover the midwife now, so I'm looking for a new OB/GYN. Not fun, but at least I got my testing done!

I'm going to try to get dh to take olive leaf, but he's hard to convince to do anything. One thing he is doing is cdb oil...made from cannabis. (legal here in CA with his a prescription!) I have heard rumors that marijuana sway girl, and he takes it for insomnia, so crossing my fingers that pushes us a little in the pink direction. If there was one thing I could ask him to do, you think olive leaf would be it?

And GOOD LUCK with your dh! I hope he gets lazy and a swimmer gets through.

I'm sorry I have no advice for you, apart from that I agree you should not skip months ttc based on the cooler month idea, I'm sure atomic would agree also as given your age ttc time is very precious, I have 3 boys born in cooler months and my only girl born in summer so it's certainly not proven to be correct in my case.
    Thanks! I love hearing stories like that. I doubt I'll be waiting...I probably just don't have the patience for it. And, yeah, time is ticking...loudly in my case!
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

8. Likes mandyp85 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AAA I missed the part about skipping months - never skip months for swaying. If it works out better with your family that's one thing, but never for swaying.

If you have the mutation then you need to take the aspirin BEFORE BFP because you need to have your blood a little thinner to implant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes essnce629 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    AAA I missed the part about skipping months - never skip months for swaying. If it works out better with your family that's one thing, but never for swaying.

If you have the mutation then you need to take the aspirin BEFORE BFP because you need to have your blood a little thinner to implant.
    Thank you, thank you!
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Good to know!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast