Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just another observation that seems to be related... my hair is falling out like crazy and skin looks rough, also super tired. I don't mind too much if that's normal. 😊 I'm just hoping I get pregnant soon after my husband's vasectomy reversal in a couple weeks. Maybe that's wishful thinking... lol

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LE Diet is not supposed to be that hard on the body, what else is going on???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya I think I'm doing this wrong. I think I took high carb too a new low and have been eating mostly empty sugary carbs. So I think I'm reacting to the wheat or sugar or something. I read empty carbs where ok but I think I've gone overboard cause I feel gross. I'm just abit too focused on declining my health but I did that before getting pregnant with my daughter before unintentiinally. And I remember after having her and having eaten poorly like this before I had all the same stuff. Bloating hair loss cold skin rashes. So either I'm allergic to the wheat or sugar or I'm already too nutrient depleted? I don't know ....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by psophia View Post
    Just another observation that seems to be related... my hair is falling out like crazy and skin looks rough, also super tired. I don't mind too much if that's normal. �� I'm just hoping I get pregnant soon after my husband's vasectomy reversal in a couple weeks. Maybe that's wishful thinking... lol
    I would get your iron/ferritin levels checked. Hair falling out, feeling cold, and being exhausted are all symptoms of low iron. Ideal ferritin (iron stores) levels are 70-90 for women and mine were 8 (yes EIGHT) after 7 months of LE diet, although they were probably low before that. And that was with me never dipping below the LE limits, continuing to eat meat once a day, and taking iron 3 times a week! My hemoglobin and hematocrit were always normal, which is why my iron deficiency was missed. I've now been on high dose iron (300mg a day) for 9 months now and my ferritin is finally in the normal range. Do you have heavy periods also? That is probably my main reason for it being so hard to get my iron levels up.

Low thyroid can also cause the same symptoms of low iron, but low iron is probably more common.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

5. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LE Diet is not meant to be "unhealthy" per se but just the lower end of normal intake.

Please start eating some fruit/veg instead of just sugar, low carb veg are FREE and unlimited you can have as much as you want. Also be sure you're getting 40-50 g protein minimum and 30-60 g fat a day

Postpartum it is normal to have chills and hair loss and I had skin rashes with two of mine. This is something different.

Do you have any thyroid issues???

I would ahve you eat 1 serv. full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon/red meat a day. Iron 30-60 mg 3x a week and the lowest dose b12 you can find once a week. And if you DON'T have thyroid issues, add 150 IU iodine daily.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I would get your iron/ferritin levels checked. Hair falling out, feeling cold, and being exhausted are all symptoms of low iron. Ideal ferritin (iron stores) levels are 70-90 for women and mine were 8 (yes EIGHT) after 7 months of LE diet, although they were probably low before that. And that was with me never dipping below the LE limits, continuing to eat meat once a day, and taking iron 3 times a week! My hemoglobin and hematocrit were always normal, which is why my iron deficiency was missed. I've now been on high dose iron (300mg a day) for 9 months now and my ferritin is finally in the normal range. Do you have heavy periods also? That is probably my main reason for it being so hard to get my iron levels up.

Low thyroid can also cause the same symptoms of low iron, but low iron is probably more common.
    That's super interesting! I don't know if it's that because I felt like this after my last baby and was having attacks of ambulance worthy stomach pain in addition to all other symptoms and they did a million test and could never find out why. I've so far haven't had low iron during blood tests, thyroid and hormones doc said was within normal whatever that means. It all eventually went away while I was eating healthy working out ect. But now a few things are starting to happen and I'm abit nervous of the stomach attacks starting. ... and no with exception of last period they are usually light and irregular... thanks for your input my dear i appreciate it.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    LE Diet is not meant to be "unhealthy" per se but just the lower end of normal intake.

Please start eating some fruit/veg instead of just sugar, low carb veg are FREE and unlimited you can have as much as you want. Also be sure you're getting 40-50 g protein minimum and 30-60 g fat a day

Postpartum it is normal to have chills and hair loss and I had skin rashes with two of mine. This is something different.

Do you have any thyroid issues???

I would ahve you eat 1 serv. full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon/red meat a day. Iron 30-60 mg 3x a week and the lowest dose b12 you can find once a week. And if you DON'T have thyroid issues, add 150 IU iodine daily.
    Thanks that's great I have been eating one egg a day and worrying abit so that's perfect. I'll cut down on the empty carbs and focus on veg. I'm sure I'll feel less sick and bloated that way too haha. Stupid sugar... I love it. It's my nemesis

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm...not sure if they checked you for this or not but many women have gall bladder issues for a few months during/after pregnancy that then goes away. that is what I would wonder about whenever any woman presents with stomach pain at or around pregnancy.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hmmm...not sure if they checked you for this or not but many women have gall bladder issues for a few months during/after pregnancy that then goes away. that is what I would wonder about whenever any woman presents with stomach pain at or around pregnancy.
    They did check that and didn't find anything but they said it could've passed before so maybe they didn't find anything during ultrasounds. I thought that was why too. They never did figure it out after barium swallow tests ultrasounds and other scans. It was weird but eventually went away. It was brutal tho. Like hyperventilating and vomiting from pain. And I'm not the dramatic type lol.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, my sister had it and she is a very tough cookie, but would end up in the emergency room from it, even though she knew it would pass and everything, she just couldn't take it without the medication that they could give. SHe ended up finally having it removed after years of struggling with it (and got a girl after that!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast