Thread: Over or under?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Over or under?

Question – My understanding is that being underweight OR overweight generally sways pink. At current, I'm at my heaviest adult weight. (Two missed pregnancies last year plus other immobilizing health issues have caused a big gain for me in the past 12 months.) I'm roughly 40-50 lbs heavier than my lowest conception weight. I'm also turning 39 next week and have had two back-to-back mc's, so I don't feel I have time to put off ttc in order to lose the kind of weight I'd need to in order to get to my lowest conception weight—if it's even possible for me at this age!

So... am I better off NOT losing anything and going with the "overweight" theory? Or am I better of trying to lose even a little (a couple lbs would be doable) before ttc? What sways better for me at this point? Any thoughts?
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of those questions that I do not have the answers to.

What I do know is, that given your history of losses and your age, you're gonna be much better off taking some weight off for the chances of a healthy pregnancy. I would be not doing my job if I encourage anyone put the sway (which I have no evidence that the weight you're at now wouldn't completely sway blue for you anyway) ahead of your health and the fact is that even a small weight loss of 5-10 lbs will help you conceive and also have a healthier pregnancy and that is what I recommend.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm underweight naturally (like I don't diet or try to be) and I am currently pregnant with a girl.

I never ate red meat though, usually eat vegetarian (I have 1 or 2 chicken or fish meals a day), so I think that played into it as well. for snacks, I have fruit (or candy lol). So I never really ate "boy friendly" foods anyway. So i don't know if that played into it as well.

Good luck!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty thin naturally. I conceived my first at 97 pounds and my second at 112 and I'm 5'4". Both were boys. So it's not a magic bullet.

I was taking pre natels and snacking a lot with both though. And used pre seed with my first.

If you need to lose weight, I feel like the LE diet is pretty reasonable and the cardio is long enough that you get into the fat burning zone. If you can, I would aim for 65/70 minutes since it takes 45 minutes to get into the zone.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post