Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So confused due to conflicting information found online. Would juicing work for ttc girl?

Hi everyone! I am new here. DH and I have one DS (age 2) and would like to try for a girl this time. There is sooo much conflicting information online about both diet and timing. I read on here that if you trick your body into thinking it is "starving", you could possibly sway. I was wondering how effective it would be then to do a juicing diet or an all vegetarian diet?

And as far as timing, we really don't want to do O+12, because we don't want to miss our "window" (I'm new to charting and OPKs.) We are planning on Bd every day from after af until we get a positive OPK. Could this be effective?

Also heard about baby aspirin and folic acid, but not sure how much I need of each?

If you have swayed before for a girl, what worked for you? What do you think the most important thing is? TIA!
    Last edited by Mybearsbaby; November 30th, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump. Sorry if these are dumb newbie questions. I would really appreciate anyone's experience or direction. Thank you!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure atomic will answer this for you tomorrow, but to me juicing would be okay. I really don't think vitamins sway as much as fat and protein does. There are far less vitamins in juice than in a prenatal and there are a ton of women who still take a prenatal while swaying and get a girl. O+12 is not something we use much here anymore. The current recommendation is BD every 4 days or BD at first +opk. We no longer do aspirin, the benefit does not out-weigh the risks. I think the suggested amount of Folic acid is 1600mcg. Exercise 6 days a week for an hour a day is getting really good results. Eating 40-60g of fat and 40-50g of protein as well as 1500-1800 calories (LE diet) has gotten pretty good results. I'm sure there is a ton of information I am missing/forgetting but I'm sure someone will chime in soon. Good luck!

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

4. Thanks Mybearsbaby thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Personally, I think juicing would be too many nutrients for a girl sway. Boy swayers are drinking juice.

Most current girl swayers here on Gender Dreaming are doing:

* LE diet for at least 12 weeks before attempt which is 1500-1800 calories, 40-50g protein, and 30-60g fat a day.
    * Skipping breakfast.
    * No snacking.
    * Fiber supplement with meals.
    * 60 minutes of cardio daily OR nothing at all.
    * 1 attempt in fertile window (by BD every 4 days OR by BD once at +opk)
    * Folic acid or folate only.
    * Clomid if you can get it.
    * Alcohol and caffeine daily.
    * Olive leaf extract for DH.
    * Licorice root for DH (only if under 35 years old with no blood pressure issues).

Most have stopped doing antihistamines, Rephresh/Replens/Sylk, jump and dump, PH stuff, saw palmetto, and even vitex as they don't seem to sway much and only make conception harder.

Good luck!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

6. Thanks Mybearsbaby, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, Faithinpink liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe I've seen (maybe in the le diet section) atomic say to avoid juices and smoothies as it's a high concentration of nutrients.

8. Thanks Mybearsbaby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info here on this thread thanks ladies. With the cardio - can it be walking? Or would it have to be power walking? Just asking, as I do a lot of walking in one day.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moregirl View Post
    Great info here on this thread thanks ladies. With the cardio - can it be walking? Or would it have to be power walking? Just asking, as I do a lot of walking in one day.
    Great question! I am curious as well.

Also, I am overweight...230 lbs and 5'5. I carry it primarily in my hips and lower half, though after having DS I gained like two cup sizes up top as well. I have been stalking several of the girl sways, and so so many of them are already thin or have recently lost a lot of weight. We are actively ttc, and my next O is expected in two weeks. Since I am overweight, does that mean I am most likely to have a boy? Is there anything at all I can do in the limited amount of time I have to shed a few pounds (I know realistically I can't lose more than 2-5 before time) and thereby increase my chances of a girl sway? I want a little girl so so bad. Of course if God means for us to have another boy, I will love him with all my heart, but Oh...how I long for a little girl.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Walking is what a lot of ladies do. The only requirement is that it is for at least an hour and not broken up into half hour increments or something like that.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually walk and then jog a bit. Get tired and walk again. Kind of like intervals. I push my kids in the stroller when it's warm (jogging stroller).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Mybears. If ever something seems confusing please ask - we always have explanations for the reasons why we deviate from "the other sites".

We don't really want anyone to be starving to TTC. The way we do it, is that we reduce food intake to low normal range (1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat) and this is both safe for prepregnancy and also sways pink.

I'm not a fan of doing juice diets for TTC. A few people HAVE gotten girls that way, but I"m not convinced it's safe for the population as a whole and thus I would prefer that you guys follow the LE Diet instead. Most of our swayers DO go all vegetarian (sticking in the limits as outlined above) and this will only help your sway because research in animals indicates that more vegetable based fats and possibly vegetable proteins instead of animal, seems to yield more girls conceived.

I don't like O+12 either http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...9-no-12-a.html Timing actually doesn't sway and you can read about that here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html What we have found is that number of attempts does seem to sway and thus we tend to prefer people stick to one attempt at positive OPK (the timing is irrelevant, that's just a good day to get pregnant with only one attempt). Our odds of success with one attempt are 70-75% and this falls to 60-65% with two attempts, then all the way down to 40% with three (even with otherwise good sways).

Folic acid I like people to take 1200-1600 mcg a day thru the whole first trimester of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses till you're down to hte amount in your prenata. WE are hardly ever using baby aspirin any more becuase the results we got were indicating it was doing nothing, and the risks and side effects were greater than we first thought.

If you want to read my 'not really a sway' that is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...july-20-a.html and we also have a "how we made girls" thread here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...pink-dust.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast