Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need some timing help (semi urgent)

Ok so my levels on Monday from my miscarriage were 6.6. They said they need to see it below a 5 and I should come back for a blood draw in 1-2 weeks.

I know I wasn't supposed to be doing OPKs but I'm nosey and have had tons of EWCM for the past few days.
    Today I am on day 16 since the bleeding of my mc started. Passed the sac the next day (15 days ago).

This morning my clear blue ovulation advanced (the ones with the smilies and blinky smilies) was negative (just a circle).

This afternoon I have (what I think) is a positive OPK! I will attach it.

Last night we had sex for the first time since the miscarriage. But my husband told me he pre came a lot. And then he said he came but I didn't feel any cum. I always lay down for 3 minutes and then get up and wipe and usually there is like gobs and gobs of cum like falling out. Sorry this is graphic. There was no cum at all when I wiped or even when I put my finger inside? He was kind of embarrassed so I didn't question him further.

This has never really happened before. So would that count as an attempt? I didn't feel like there was any cum at all so I don't really want to count that as my attempt. I don't know if I should DTD tonight or tomorrow night. I always seem to have weird circumstances (nursing or my last two cycles were miscarriages) for my cycles and ovulate super late so I really don't feel like waiting another cycle to ovulate.

Also confused why the monitor said low fertility and I got a positive opk this afternoon. I'm going to take the monitor strip again and see what it says but I don't know if it will "know" it's not morning. Or maybe the other hormone that it measured in the morning is still low due to my miscarriage? My miscarriage was at 6.5 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 4 weeks and we only saw a sac. Natural miscarriage. Not a ton of bleeding and no cramps.
    Last edited by Dreamingofpinkafter2blue; December 2nd, 2015 at 08:11 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also had 3 binge days over thanksgiving and have only done 2 days of cardio in the past 3 days.image.jpg

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm officially stumped. I took another opk and the line wasn't dark at all. I went and bought to clear blue digital OPK (O or smiley) and it was negative.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really, really doubt that this is ovulation. You can certainly count it as an attempt if you like but given that HCG is still in your system and the discrepancy on the OPK tests, it's not super likely.

The strips simply measure a hormone in your urine. That's all. Your body uses that hormone for other things and sometimes it will register that - it's not supposed to actually go positive but if it just reached a certain concentration, it makes the strip go positive.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, thanks! I'm assuming that by today I am a 5 or under. I read so many different things about if you can actually ovulate with a bit of HCG left in your system. Some say you can and some say you can't.

I have to get tested for my HCG in 1-2 weeks to make sure it's under 0. I'm hoping I will ovulate before that and be pregnant during my next blood test but we will see!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes but Monday was yesterday and today is Tuesday and that means you'd have to drop plus start a whole menstrual cycle in a day and that just isn't the way it goes down, unfortunately.

Your HCG will go down where it's supposed to be and then your body will start doing its thing. It's not gonna grow an egg if it still thinks that you are pregnant, if that makes any sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Dreamingofpinkafter2blue liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, what you are saying makes sense.

This morning I got a blinky smiley face on the clear blue monitor! Do you think it's not accurate? I will also test this afternoon on the regular OPK. I get what you are saying like my body just might be surging so I get positive OPKs? But it's not quite ready to ovulate yet.

If my body is ovulating, what do you think about the "pre cum" attempt. LOL. Should I use that as an attempt? Would the sperm be "bad" in that attempt? Or should I dtd today?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another positive OPK this morning (different urine than the clear blue monitor thing): image.jpg

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think because you still have HCG in your system that is what is causing the positive opks, I had what I thought was a period so started using opks which were positive but instead of ovulating I was already pregnant which is what the opk strips were detecting. I think what you need to do is wait until your hcg levels are 0 before testing anymore as like atomic has said you will not ovulate if your body still thinks you are pregnant, which it will do until your hcg levels go where they are supposed to be. Hope that helps.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmmm I'm not sure about that. I only had 6.6 on Monday. I have been taking OPKs prior to that and they have all been negative. Wouldn't they have showed positive when there was more HCG in my system.

The clear blue monitor measured two different hormones (why you have to use FMU I think). So I find it weird that that was positive for ovulation this morning. And the Ewcm.

12. Likes Mantamom liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast