Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am i doing the diet all wrong??

Hi
    I think i am doing the diet all wrong. I had a small chicken curry with white rice for my lunch with a few biscuits. For dinner i will have a pitta or bagel with low fat cream cheese and a few biscuits. Is this all wrong? The curry was from a restaurant so nothing was counted. I eat out every lunch time with work so am finding it so difficult. I was just eating white bread salad sandwiches last week but was getting the shakes after it as i wasnt getting enough. I also had a slice of white toast at 10am as i was up at 5.30 and was so hungry. Feel like i am really failing at this and panicking i am doing it all wrong.
    Please help!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would keep the rice with white bread for lunch..and maybe some pasta without any sauce or anything bht with little parmesan on top and 1 slice of bread.
    If you eat bread, change the biscuits with jellies (?) or marshmallows(without sugar).

My family puzzle is complete now 💕
    Thank you Atomic! 😍

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The pasta for dinner

Thank you Atomic! 😍

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think it's best to go completely vegetarian if at all possible, and to avoid fatty sauces like curries. I personally would consider your lunch a cheat meal. Ok a couple times a month but definitely not daily.

You don't need to be as extreme as plain salad sandwiches every day, maybe some meals with cheese, legumes, or eggs . If you need to eat 3 meals some days or every day that is fine, it doesn't have to be 2 meals.

I would probably not eat out every day unless I knew the nutrient/calorie info. It's just way too easy to go over the limits when eating out otherwise.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks girls for your replies. I feel so bad now that I eat that. I'm struggling big time to not feel weak. I have a very fast metabolism so get the shakes so much. I will try and eat more plain foods. I eat eggs & cheese every single day normally and have 3 boys so I was trying to stay away from them. Finding this diet soo difficult.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would stay away from eggs, maybe 1 at 2 weeks...
    I ate cheese 0.1% fat almost every day of my diet and I got my girl...so dont worry about that.

Thank you Atomic! 😍

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a very fast metabolism also. You CAN do this, but you may need to ease into it more gradually. Give yourself a few weeks to get used the diet. You might try dropping a meal or going down in cals every 4 days. For now, I'd eat more for breakfast so you aren't as starving at lunch. You can always drop it later. Right now it sounds like you're bouncing between extremes a bit.

Eggs once or twice a week in moderation are fine, especially if you just eat the the whites. It's the yolks that really sway blue especially when combined with protein. But you NEED some protein especially to prevent the shakes. You personally might need protein at every meal, and that's okay.

If you're struggling with what to eat, maybe consider buying the meal plan? Also read through the threads where pink swayers post what they eat each day. It will help give you ideas.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 11th, 2016 at 06:01 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have totals for hte day???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy2222 View Post
    Ok thanks girls for your replies. I feel so bad now that I eat that. I'm struggling big time to not feel weak. I have a very fast metabolism so get the shakes so much. I will try and eat more plain foods. I eat eggs & cheese every single day normally and have 3 boys so I was trying to stay away from them. Finding this diet soo difficult.
    It's not meant to be difficult so we need to find out what is going on.

I can assure you I ate cheese when I got my DD!! I normally eat eggs daily but did not when swaying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you NEED 30-60 g fat so the first thing I'd change would be not having lowfat cream cheese!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast