Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet question

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet question

So if pickles have essentially no calories in them, can I snack on pickles and it not be considered a snack or is this a no no? The wait between meals draaaagggs!!! I feel like I'm starving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was hoping this too but no, anything that brings your blood sugar up counts as a snack. I had a lot of trouble with snacking earlier in the diet and I still have some days where it's hard but for the most part, I've gotten used to it. Try drinking water. A lot of the time, just drinking water will stave off hunger.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I figured as much but I was hoping! Lol

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can't stick to 3 meals a day, then eat 4.

you may find that once you give yourself permission to have a meal, it is easier to go between meals.

Can you tell me what you're eating? I may be able to help you tweak it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have actually been sticking to two meals a day. I'm thinking of bumping to three. I have really just been eating pop tart or English muffin around noonish with usually salad of some sort and a cheese or fruit (I know it really doesn't go together well but it's easy) then for dinner I usually just tweak what the family eats so that it isn't too inconvenient for us all. I wanted to try and cut out meat completely but I never make it to my protein limits that way so I've been having a serving of meat a day and I usually land around 40g protein, 50g fat and lots of carbs! I usually get about 1300-1500 calories per day.

I may not be doing things 100% right, but I'm trying to keep myself sane and stress free!

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

6. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No wonder you're needing a snack! It's fine to do 3 meals, you just push breakfast back or have a late night snack after dinner.

I would try three meals and see if it works better. Even if it's a meal of pickles haha

Meat isn't forbidden, if you can stick in protein and cal limits while eating it, it's fine. The main reason I have people leave it out as much as I do is because people can't figure out how to do that without ending up on a starvation diet of chicken, cucumber, and Swedish Fish LOL. It is possible though, so if you're finding it easy to do, carry on.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg I wish I wasn't struggling with diet soooo much! Ok so my next question has more to do with what is more important...focusing on fat/protein being between the certain percentage or focusing on keeping the grams right. I think I am getting myself confused because my diet is never exactly fat 20-30% and between 30-60g. For example if I get between 30-60g fat I'm always like 45% fat for the day. What do I do? I have gone over on my protein here and there but never much (outside of my one bad cheat day!)

I really feel like diet is the most important part because it was the one thing I didn't really focus on much with my failed girl sway in 2013 but at the same time I really want to make it so that I can stick to what I am doing... I'm terrified that I am screwing it all up when I feel like I am really fighting to eat the way I normally eat at the same time. The struggle is real.

I know nobody here has a crystal ball, but I have still made changes so that has to sway in itself right? Ugh

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Grams are easier than percents. I only mention the percent as an illustration of why I suggest that level of grams of fat, if that makes sense.

If you're worried over that level of detail, take a step back. As long as you're eating fewer calories and less tat than you WERE then you're still swaying pink (particularly if you're eating mainly vegetable fats instead of animal ones)

Can you give me a brief rundown of what you're eating? Many times I can help you tweak that.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet question

Ok well a typical day includes coffee with sugar and cream(very little) in the morning, a pop tart and maybe a fruit around 1030 or 11 depending on what time I ate dinner the night before(usually at least 15 hours after dinner and I don't do this everyday) For lunch (around 130-2) I usually do a salad with dressing (I've been buying the premade ones that I can just grab and take to work so usually they are about 230 calories, 10g fat, 12g protein) and a yogurt then around 630 or 730 I have a glass of wine or a beer then I'll either do rice and a veggie, veggie stir fry or tweak whatever my family is eating to fit in the LE limits.

Yesterday I had two cups of coffee in the morning, ate a bean burrito with salsa and ice cream for lunch, and had salad, ****d cheese, and a glass of wine for dinner. Totals yesterday were 59g fat (it was the ice cream, had a slight meltdown and way overindulged!) and 37g protein 1465 calories. If I don't add chicken or turkey to one meal per day, I am always low on protein!

Ive been doing fiber rich smart ones and other frozen meals (pizza or pasta that are pre calculated so I can add it into my totals for the day without thinking too much) that are quick and easy and sometimes I'll splurge on a frozen pot pie if I have enough calories and protein to spare in my limits.

I know it's definitely less than my normal intake and it is working! When I started this diet back in August I dropped from 175 to 158 then took a couple months break cause Hubby and I decided to wait to TTC so I gained some back. I started again a few weeks ago and I am down to 156 from 160. I'm hoping to get closer to 140-145 before we conceive. I have had two occasions where I had red meat otherwise it's been chicken or turkey.

I think that covers most of it! I know this is a lengthy post :/

Last edited by oxox2013; May 3rd, 2016 at 01:49 PM.
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. All those things are things that burn off fast. I would try something that is a little more "stick to your ribs" if the poptart and fruit is not cutting it. Try adding in a hard boiled egg, they are low cal and high protein.

The salad and yogurt is good, but you would burn thru it fast. I also want to be sure you realize that the protein in the lettuce doesn't count, it is only the protein in the toppings.

Being low on protein actually means it's OK to add in a little chicken or turkey. no worries there.

Your meal on May 2 seems pretty good as well but again you might want to add something like an egg to top the salad because you would get some protein that way.

40 g protein is barest minimum, remember that. You have up to 50 g! There is no bonus points for staying right at 40 g.

12. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast