Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Empty carbs, insulin and testosterone

I am eating a lot of empty carbs on the LE diet. White bread, white pasta, rice, rice cakes etc.
    The past week or so I've been questioning whether I have some symptoms of insulin resistance and am now wondering whether I have developed some unwanted signs of it wh facial hair, spots etc. Gross. I really wouldn't have expected this on the Le diet although it is sending my hormones crazy with ridiculously short LP. I also read this today, specifically talking about acne in grown women:

Mann suspects it is the fact that processed foods spark a rise in insulin that, in turn, increases the production of testosterone that is to blame.

My question is, could all the empty crappy carbs be sending my hormones the wrong way??? And inadvertently make me boy-friendly? I just don't know what to eat if I can't fill up on white carbs!! Help please!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have pcos or are insulin resistant the standard LE diet could be a problem. My guess is the recommendation would be to follow the swaying under special circumstances diet.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know I've never had pcos or been insulin resistant, I just wondered whether the diet could induce this?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can look up about any issue online and find someone blaming it on processed foods.

But to answer your question (and I feel like I already replied to this somewhere so if I did, apologies) yes, too much empty carbs can, for some people with PCO tendencies, cause those to flare up and could cause things like hormonal acne, weird cycles, etc. But OTHER things can also cause this to happen, and the solution for one would make the other worse, so we need to be SURE what is going on here before just switching diets.

My concern with you, honeybee, is that you were not eating enough, lost too much weight, etc and that is NOT generally what we'd see with this kind of situation. You would be more likely to have trouble losing weight or even gaining it on standard LE even at low cals. I am like 99.99% sure I explained this in exacting detail in one of your other threads so I really don't want to go over it again so can you please let me know if you have read that other thread or not??

If your delayed O and short LP is being caused by not eating enough, going onto a PCOS type diet will aggravate that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee37 View Post
    As far as I know I've never had pcos or been insulin resistant, I just wondered whether the diet could induce this?
    It can, but I'm not sure that is what is going on with you and I hesitate to have you lower carb intake and start eating mostly fruit and veg because I think the weight will continue to fly off you and aggravate what I believe is your actual problem - not eating enough
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks honeybee37 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree 100% with atomic!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So good to have you back Maiden, missed seeing your comments for the past week or two
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

9. Likes maidentomother liked this post