Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So much Truth to the LE Diet!!

I was thinking about all the people I know who have children. And I am telling you it is textbook LE or HE. It is fascinating how accurate Atomic is with all her information!!!

Ill give some examples.

Stephanie: She had an eating disorder, issues with control, bottled anxiety, Eats more vegetables than you could think possible, eats a lot of meat, oatmeal for breakfast, stays away from carbs, Husband works away from home and so she's the primary parent, super fit,..... yup she has 3 boys.

Amanda: Doesn't work out and if she does its just cardio, forgets to eat and when she does its time quantities and she usually eats junk, fast food, picks at stuff. Drinks coffee and wine. Very laid back. super thin. She just had a baby girl.

Maryam: Very ambitious, high stress, workaholic, loves avocados, pizza, anything hearty, had a baby boy

Lindsay: Very very very go with the flow, doesn't exercise, doesn't eat much, is pretty picky and loves sugary candy and fun drinks. Has 2 girls.

Anna: Highly anxious and in control with work, she's at the gym all the time and has a trainer, eats tons of vegetables is very fit, and she just had her second son.

Katherine: LOVES TO EAT! she would always tell me to try this restaurant because of the beer pretzels etc. Loves hardy meat and potatoes type foods. Gets anxious easily. Has 2 boys.

Robin: High position at work and is the main caregiver at home. Needs to be in control and refers to herself as a control freak. She LOVES MEAT!!!! She has 2 boys.

Kristina: Vegetarian, loves wine and coffee, she's super calm and laid back, her husband cycles. They are having a baby girl

Liz: Stay at home mom but fully in charge of the entire household in every way. She eats hardy meat and potatoes type meals. She is also very fit. She has 2 boys.

My mom: Befor me she told me she was very laid back and ate a lot of pasta haha. Before my brother she said she was extremely stressed (which was why they waited 3 years to have him) and ate more meat since my dad at the time was a butcher.

ME!: I took on a new high stress job, plus we were renovating our house, plus we just got married, and because of the stress we ate burgers and fun stuff from boxes with tons of sodium and processed hardy foods. I also ate way too much because of the stress. I would binge. I would sometimes eat two lunches. Zero exercise. no alcohol, no coffee. I have a boy who I am going to guess is very high testosterone. Everyone says he's a "boy" like your typical hard core stereotype. Not that I care either way but its interesting as it is reflective of when he was conceived.

Just wanted to share as I am EXTREMELY fascinated with this!! I feel like I can predict gender now based on the persons diet and demeanour!

2. Likes XXforhubby, smllibra, SpottyBear liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe LE works but in my observation of people I know it's much less binary than that.

For example, I know a few mothers who skip meals and have girls, but they also tightly wound and need to be in control. On the other hand I know a few very laid-back mothers of boys. In other words, I think there is truth to using diet and personality traits to sway but people are almost never so black-and-white.

I know maybe one real textbook super-organized boy-mom with a rich diet but everyone else seems to have a patchwork of habits and traits. They may lean a little more to one side or another but nobody is a walking stereotype.

I have boys and I had a very boy-friendly diet but if I had girls I could have easily pointed to the alcohol I drank every day, or all the cardio I did, etc.
    Last edited by trifecta; April 29th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The interesting thing about your examples is where some of us fall out of it.

I had an eating disorder that I have been recovered from and started to backslide into before conceiving. As a result of ultimately following an LE lifestyle [tons of exercise, low calories, low protein, more alcohol use than probably healthy, lots of caffeine (specifically coffee and Diet Pepsi or artificial sweetened drinks) would go whole days without eating, etc.], I got a daughter.

Personality wise, I don't think there's a more textbook boy mom. Highly anxious, SUPER about control, obsessive, competitive, etc.

All of my personality traits, though, directly fed my eating disorder... which caused my girl!

Hoping the fact that I will never be a laid back, go with the flow, leave it up to "faith" person will help me once I get my diet lined up with HE

5. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the people who continuously eat the same yet have say the pigeon pair?? Would this be down to timing do you think? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueplease View Post
    What about the people who continuously eat the same yet have say the pigeon pair?? Would this be down to timing do you think? X

Ive often wondered this! Like Gisele Bündchen for example?
    Last edited by squigglepink; April 29th, 2016 at 06:04 PM.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

8. Likes Blueplease liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know. I believe diet does play a huge part but it must then be purely down to timing. Maybe we could ask her say in Twitter when she bd?? Lol

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway. I think the reason some people get pigeon pairs is because even though their diet didn't change, there's other things they had going for them that swayed. Also, just because someone got a boy and lived a "textbook" boy lifestyle, does not mean they will for sure have another boy. They may be 80% set for boys but be in the 20% that still gets a girl regardless.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

12. Thanks trifecta, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 3'sacharm, maidentomother, Erin514 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    The interesting thing about your examples is where some of us fall out of it.

I had an eating disorder that I have been recovered from and started to backslide into before conceiving. As a result of ultimately following an LE lifestyle [tons of exercise, low calories, low protein, more alcohol use than probably healthy, lots of caffeine (specifically coffee and Diet Pepsi or artificial sweetened drinks) would go whole days without eating, etc.], I got a daughter.

Personality wise, I don't think there's a more textbook boy mom. Highly anxious, SUPER about control, obsessive, competitive, etc.

All of my personality traits, though, directly fed my eating disorder... which caused my girl!

Hoping the fact that I will never be a laid back, go with the flow, leave it up to "faith" person will help me once I get my diet lined up with HE
    You sound exactly like my SIL (except for the Diet Pepsi, coffee and alcohol-she drinks literally zero of that), even down to the eating disorder. I thought her personality might overcome everything else b/c she is SUPER high-strung, self-described control freak and very high-stress but she is pregnant with a girl.

Can I ask how you're doing with being pregnant and having an eating disorder? We're all pretty concerned with my SIL. She has only put on 3 lbs (she was around 100lbs when she got pregnant) and her blood pressure has been very low.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess there are always exceptions to every rule and I think thats why sways are not 100%.
    In the end i believe what will be will be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast