Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP! Two LH surges? Should we BD tonight?

Help! So last week I had four days of 'high fertility' (flashing smiley for those who use Clearable Digital OPKs), and on Thursday, a fixed 'peak' fertility. We are BD-ing one attempt so we BD-ed on Thursday. I was pretty confident that meant I would OV on Fri or Saturday and had a really stressful day on Friday so to be honest had two really big cheat meals on Fri and Sat evening (I always allow myself this a couple of days after ovulation). Loads of chocolate and basically just way too much. Still veggie etc, but really, I feel gross at how much chocolate I ate last night. Anyway, this morning I had way more EWCM than at any point this month, and did another OPK on my other monitor (yes, I have two.....). It was peak again and I feel way more like I am about to ovulate than I had done last week when I was getting the flashing smileys.
    Would you BD tonight??? Or, would you bin this month due to having already BD-ed on thursday and the two bad lapses on the diet? I have been on the diet since the start of December so I don't want to conceive if two bad slips from this weekend would make me sway boy. (Additional info: I've lost way too much weight and have had short luteal phases the past two months making it hard for me to conceive anyway...) Arrrgh, I don't know what to do!
    Any advice re the two LH peaks and the possible effects of the diet slip ups this weekend are really welcome!! Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's possible to gear up for O but then it gets delayed. You could just now be getting ready to O but there's no way of knowing if you already did O unless you temp or have an ultrasound. Please don't feel like two days off the diet completely ruins your sway. If I were you, I'd go ahead and BD tonight. Worse case scenario, you have an O-3 and an O day attempt. BUT if you don't BD today and end up not O'ing until tomorrow or the next day, then you'd have no attempts in the fertile window. If you've been on the diet that long and have lost that much weight, then don't skip this month (I've been in the your shoes so I know how it is!).
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks honeybee37 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would BD tonight! 2 cheat days is not a big deal. It's time for you to get pregnant!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Thanks honeybee37 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks... Yes I really feel like I've had enough now and just want to conceive! My body certainly doesn't feel v healthy so I think I'm as 'pink' as I can hope to be. Just a bit gutted with the peak days and then presumably no ovulation.... My body is playing tricks on me!
    Definitely going to BD tonight. How important is a hot bath for DH just before? We have my FIL staying and while hubby thinks we can BD surreptitiously (!), he is weird about having a late night bath while his dad is here. Says it will seem weird?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the hot bath is essential by any means. I'd skip it at this point.

It is totally possible you have already Oed, when you thought you first did, and are just having a big estrogen surge. It's totally possible to have heaps of EWCM for days after O. Not the norm, butit happens. Also, I don't know how exactly you were testing with the other reader that gave you the more recent Peak...how many days had you been using it before you got that Peak? You can't just start using a reader midcycle and expect accurate results. It's also possible you are just having a really lomg surge. Sometimes they can last for several days. When long surges happen, O does often happen later, at the end of the surge, but it can happen the day after the surge started, too. You can't know without temping, unfortunately. ?.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had started temping this month but find it stresses me out, plus I wake at irregular times.
    I have two clear blue monitors and the first one, I tested daily and had four days of high, then peak on Thursday. Then Saturday afternoon I tested with my other monitor, had zero first (it always gives a zero reading the first time each month), followed by two 'highs' and a 'peak' this morning. I am pretty sure that is the accurate one and had a fake surge he first time. I suppose it's impossible to tell but I still want to BD tonight to avoid wasting ANOTHER month due to timing issues (have done this twice before!)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I"m too late but yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes, you should have BD in this case.

I would have you guys drop hot bath at this point anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes honeybee37 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you tested with the 2nd monitor 3 times all on Sunday? I am so confused.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and honeybug I just want to reiterate that I DO NOT want you to go on PCOS Diet. That is not what is going on with you and would only make htings worse.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I had really sharp ov pains Sunday 6-7pm and we BDed at 11pm that evening... Not sure if that would be too late or if any of Thursday's swimmers would be around... I guess we will see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast