Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help! I cant lose weight! TTC girl

Ive been on the diet for about 2 weeks now and my weight has only maintained. It has not gone down at all. Perhaps I should do something extra in my sway? Like eat dinner earlier? Or watch my carbs? maybe my metabolism is a bit messed up after skipping breakfast since Ive never done that before.... I'm not sure. OR is this normal? and i have nothing to worry about? I do have a good 20 pounds to lose. my bmi is 24.

Thanks
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe you need to do the alternative diet that atomic recommends for pcos. I wouldn't loose weight on the normal carb filled diet so I have to incorporate whole grains and plenty of free veg.
    I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in and help.

5 HT cycles all BFN

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The less amount of weight to lose, the harder/longer it will take. Being a healthy BMI places you in this category.

Are you also weighing and measuring your food with a food scale? It's really easy to overestimate caloric intake without doing this.

Even still, 2 weeks isn't a lot of time to see big changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Two weeks is not much time to see weight loss. Honestly, I would be worried that if you were losing weight really fast it's a sign your diet is too extreme and you'd have trouble maintaining it for the whole time you're ttc and you'd be more likely to either cheat or go so far you lose O. Since you're just starting a big change in diet and still getting the hang of it I personally think it's better to wait and make incremental adjustments as needed so you can see how your body reacts.

Are you exercising too or doing couch potato method? I'm guessing Atomic will ask you for your totals so maybe just post them now so that she'll be able to tell you if you should change something.
    Last edited by Erin514; May 5th, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd try making some of the changes outlined in this thread - up protein to 50-60 g, fat to 50-60 g, and get your carbs mostly from whole grains and fruit and veg.

It's not skipping breakfast. The idea that not eating breakfast prevents weight loss has been debunked.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I aim for around 1500 calories
    45g of fat and 45g of protein.

My calories come from vegetables and grains and very very little dairy. I sometimes add tomato paste for flavour or a pepper spread. Otherwise that all Im eating just different combinations with each meal.

Maybe its too soon to notice and change.
    Ready for a pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give it another week and see how it goes.

You are not supposed to count cals on low carb veg, only high carb (potatoes, corn). So if you're eating a lot of low carb veg your body may feel like it's starvating LOL and be hanging on to everything. Low carb veg are free and unlimited - do not count protein, fat, or cals. High carb veg and fruit, you only count cals and not protein and fat.

So that may be something you can adjust to actually find you need to eat MORE to lose!! Crazy huh??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you might need more cals. Too few can slow your metabolism (unlike skipping breakfast, which doesn't). OR you may need to switch yo the PCOS version. Do you have any PCOS or indulin resistance tendencies at all? Long or erratic cycles, late O, difficulty losing weight in general?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be honest I don't understand what PCOS stands for and means?
    My cycle is the exact same every month... 26 days right on the dot. I don't usually have a difficult tome losing weight.. no more than the average person I wold assume. At least I never noticed.
    Insulin resistant? I don't know how I would tell if I have this.
    Ready for a pink sway

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you probably just need more cals then. I'd try 1700-1800. It doesn't sound like you have PCOS or IR. Google can eelaborate.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast