Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Chance of conception? Fertility Friend photo

We haven't started swaying yet as waiting for my period to start in a couple of weeks before we start the LE Diet, and the Vitex etc. But could someone please look at my Fertility Friend chart and let me know if you think we have a chance of conceiving this month and also if there's a chance that it could be a girl?

Thank you so much

ff.jpg
    in 1999, in 2005, in 2013, born sleeping in 2016 and desperately trying for a to complete our family

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! Firstly how long is your cycle normally? Because if that opk was a true positive then you have every chance of a bfp this cycle. Not knowing what you're diet is atm all I can say is the e4d is pink friendly however that is only one factor. Did you j&d? Use any lubes? Antihistamines? Do cardio? Can you provide any more info in the lead up to your attempt? It's a 'crystal ball' question as to whether you would get a girl if you got a bfp. You have a 50/50 chance in any case, it's just the more pink tactics you've used the more you increase the odds so to speak. But still not a gaurantee. Hope if you get a bfp you hear pink This was an oopsie??? I'm abit confused because you said you were waiting for period but still dtd at pos opk?? Sorry for all the questions but its hard to answer without more info

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pbn3

It's really hard to say how long my cycles usually are because they used to me 28 days but I gave birth to my gorgeous daughter on 11th March who was born sleeping at 35 weeks and this is the first time I have ovulated since then . Since the post mortem was done the doctor has given us the all clear to ttc as although they have an unknown cause they have also ruled out anything genetic.... trying to conceive again has been a difficult decision and although I'm very keen (not to replace but just I want one last baby to complete our family) my husband wants to let nature decide and therefore he (up until last night) didn't know I was planning to sway... he does now and he's fine with it!

My diet has been very low since losing Sophie (not intentionally I'm just finding it hard to eat big meals!) so I am now underweight... really need to make more effort to eat more! I can literally survive on two eggs on toast and a glass of milk! I have been trying to eat a main meal and having wine with that; and now that the post mortem results are back I feel much more settled emotionally and ready to move on (not forget but just get back to a normality!)

I didn't J&D but I did get up after 10 minutes and use some Aci Jel... although I've since read on here that Aci-Jel doesn't help to sway! I was a member of In Gender but I think I prefer the advice here!!! I was hoping to catch the O+12 as advised on In Gender but my husband was so 'In the mood' that I couldn't put him off to the next day! and part of me just wanted the best chance of conception but the bigger part of me really wants to try to sway for a girl... I have 3 boys and before we conceived Sophie I just assumed we would always have boys. Now that my husband knows about the sway attempt he is fully on-board with it all
    in 1999, in 2005, in 2013, born sleeping in 2016 and desperately trying for a to complete our family

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If OPKs are reasonably accurate/reliable for you then you have a great shot at pregnancy and at a girl, IMO. But without temps you can't be as sure.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg I am so so sorry mariakirk!! Your story hit me hard especially your angel baby name 'Sophie'. I hope and pray you conceive your rainbow baby (absolutely not a replacement!) now or very soon.

Without trying to sound callous/unfeeling?? the fact you have been on a low calorie diet (albeit unintentionally) and (this is THE worst part) suffered a loss also sways pink in case you do get a bfp. I truly hope you get a bfp and hear pink. I'm so sorry again, and I cannot compare to your loss, mine was at 5 weeks so I never felt baby, got to know gender or got to be pregnant. Late losses are terribly cruel and I wish you all the strength and luck conceiving your next daughter.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. This is Sophie... Perfect in every way just for some unknown reason her heart stopped beating. Everything on the post mortem can back perfect so we have no answers... which in a way made it harder, giving birth to her was the most amazing and yet the most devastating time of my life and it's taken a lot of soul searching to make the decision to try again. So much so that Paul (my husband) has put a time limit on it. I respect his decision and he said that he want to give it one year.

Sophie_Kirk_003.JPG

So sorry for your loss too; it's hard to come to terms with

7. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh she is absolutely amazing!! Perfect in every way shape and form! And thank you so much for sharing her picture. I'm so sorry there are just no words.... Again I truly wish you all the best and all the pink dust there can possibly be! If it's ok will you keep us updated? I'd love to follow your journey but completely understand if its too hard.

Last edited by Pbn3; May 6th, 2016 at 06:47 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'll definitely keep you updated!

10. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh mariakirk I'm so sorry for your loss, she is a beautiful little angel. I hope you get a bfp very soon and you get another little dd. X

5 HT cycles all BFN

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Sophie is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing. <3

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast