Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to stay calm and chilled out when girl swaying?

Any thoughts? I'm worried that the biggest threat to my sway is worrying about it!

I'm managing to easily avoid charts, colour coding dates etc however, I can't seem to get swaying, baby girls and anxiety over it all out of my head.

Working helps, sometimes telly, sometimes a good book... but other than that I feel it pervades almost everything I do.

Anyone else feel the same? Anyone got any tips on how to overcome it?

2. Likes Jasiahsmommy liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, but I can relate! I don't feel stressed about it but it's always on my mind and I can't stop that!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Proud mama to2012 2013 swaying

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glitter I feel exactly the same. I avoided he forums for a couple of weeks to try and get it out of my head but I wasn't very successful! Also, and I'm not sure how much I believe her, my GP reckons me worrying has played havoc with my hormones and caused my luteal phase defect! She doesn't know about swaying but knows we are ttc. I think all the things you suggest are great. I also find the days I work im less focused on swaying (although then I worry that the whole 'must get the boys to breakfast club before school / make lunches / get clothes ready' stuff makes me worry I'm being all controlling etc!) I suppose we can only do the best we can do, and I bet lots of girl mums have worried about stuff before My friend has twin girls and is the most highly strung, controlling worrier you can imagine! (Incidentally she suffered bad GD having wanted two boys!) xx

5. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps I do find the cardio helps me de stress if you are doing that?

7. Likes Kitty0911 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    can totally relate!
    I feel like swaying is the screensaver to my brain!

It's so hard not to obsess about it when it's such a big part of life at the moment!
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

9. Likes Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh girls, thank you for your swift replies! So great to hear of others who feel the same.

Good to hear your twin girl mum is a bit stressy too, there's still hope for me!! All my girl mum friends are totally chilled out!

Just watched 'chewbacca mom' on youtube, that gave me a huge laugh, it was therapy! Maybe I need to get me one of those masks? maybe we all should? Bloody hilarious!

11. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    can totally relate!
    I feel like swaying is the screensaver to my brain!

It's so hard not to obsess about it when it's such a big part of life at the moment!
    Omg, "screensaver for my brain" is a great analogy. I feel this way too (hence I'm on here planning all the time when I haven't even started swaying yet!)

But honestly worrying over worrying doesn't help. We can't totally change our personalities and become chill just like that, but least with diet, exercise, and single attempt the odds will be better than they were before we knew about all that.
    Last edited by Erin514; May 24th, 2016 at 10:32 PM.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to stay calm and chilled out when girl swaying?

I can totally relate too. Swaying becomes a big part of your mental activity. It is so good to have this site to go to. I just wish I had more time to reply and comment. You are all very active typing. The cardio actually calms me and makes me feel good. Sometimes it is hard to stick to the diet and fit in an hour cardio everyday, but I notice I get more and more relaxed with the regime and rules as the months goes by. Started out in January and had my first attempt two days ago. Don't think I will catch the golden egg this month though because my lining is only 3 mm (caused by Clomid). You are all doing so great. Give yourself a huge kiss and thanks .

DS1 (9) ❤️ DS2 (8) DS3 (5) ❤️ DW (41) DH (38) TTC'ing pink from May 2016
    Last edited by Dreamsister; May 25th, 2016 at 02:29 AM.
    3 beautiful & now pregnant with a baby girl due June 2017

Thank you everyone in this site and in particular Atomic for amazing support during my sway. I am for ever grateful.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For what it's worth, my unintentionally swayed for DD is due soon, and I was a hot mess of stress and control freak anxiety before conceiving her.

My doctor, knowing how I am, even told me before we were TTC that "you can't will a baby; relax about it" and I threw it back in his face when I later said, "Ha, my obsessive tendencies did get me pregnant ASAP!"

I think being on top of the LE plan is a good start and channeling any issues into more exercise isn't a bad plan. Yoga might be great for you, too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit I'm a freak sometimes lol. I do try and not stress but easier said than done.
    I was so stressed out last month that even on the actual attempt I was a nervous wreck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast