Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Iron

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low Iron

Hi ladies, im freaking out a little. I had blood test done in Jan before I started swaying and my iron levels were OK. 31
    Now I just got recent results back and iron levels are 9.

Really really pissed cause doctor said I got no choice but to go on sups . I'm taking 1 a day but was told to take 2, I figured 1 a day is better than none.
    Anyone else taking sups for iron ? I'm thinking of maybe stopping them ovulation week ?

And My Beautiful Daughter
    Thank you Lord & Genderdreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It takes several months for iron levels to build up in your blood so stopping during ovulation week won't do anything. Nine is REALLY low. You should take the supps, you need them for a healthy pregnancy.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

3. Thanks Faithinpink thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take the recommended dose. We're considering TTC pink and other than folate and coQ10 the only thing I take is iron. I wouldn't worry about it at all because if you struggle with anemia you probably aren't ever going have iron-rich blood--you need this just to have baseline health.

It probably sways blue if aren't anemic and you eat a very fortified diet but that's not you.

5. Thanks Faithinpink thanked for this post
    Likes Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the dose as recommended by your doctor for a month and then reduce dose at that point.

Stopping them in O week does nothing and your body NEEDS that iron right now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Faithinpink thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I would take the recommended dose. We're considering TTC pink and other than folate and coQ10 the only thing I take is iron. I wouldn't worry about it at all because if you struggle with anemia you probably aren't ever going have iron-rich blood--you need this just to have baseline health.

It probably sways blue if aren't anemic and you eat a very fortified diet but that's not you.
    I use iron supps for pink swayers on an as-needed basis and people do still get girls while taking them.

You need that iron to get and stay pregnant so it's imperative that you take it when you need to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Faithinpink, mgf86 thanked for this post
    Likes smllibra liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to take iron due to the same problem-- my levels were exactly the same as yours. I was on iron for a few months before conceiving DD. I was on a TON of supplements because I ended up deficient in quite a few nutrients. I had been on the LE diet and intense exercise for a year by then so I was sure I was going to muck everything up by taking supplements. Apparently not, I still got my little girl. I think if you are truly deficient in a vitamin or mineral then taking supplements doesn't sway. It's when your body is already abundant in those stores that taking extra is not a good idea. My doctor also told me the reason I was not getting pregnant was because I had such low stores of vitamin D and iron.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

11. Thanks Faithinpink thanked for this post
    Likes smllibra, Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for responding. I feel a lot better now, I will take what's needed as I know my body is struggling atm.
    Just want to get pregnant now
    Thanks heaps

13. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's 9? Your hemoglobin or ferritin?

Take the iron. Low iron causes poor egg quality. I've been dealing with low iron (ferritin, not hemoglobin) for 18 months now and have been taking 450mg of iron for the past several months (300mg before then). Make sure you're not taking iron with dairy or caffeine, as both prevent absorption. Vitamin C increases absorption.
    Last edited by essnce629; May 25th, 2016 at 11:22 PM.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes 1282 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks enssnce, its my ferritin. Iam currently taking 1 tablet before bed as they make me feel sick .
    I'm not too sure what mg they are but ill double check

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd see a hematologist if I were you. My ferritin levels were 8 and I was feeling like death. I really wish I would have saw a hematologist as soon as I found out so I could have had IV iron infusions which would have gotten my ferritin up quickly. Instead I've been trying to get it up with iron supplements for 18+ months now and every period I have I take one step back. I'm finally getting closer to the ideal 70-90 level as my ferritin is now 50. My gyn has put me on high dose progesterone only pills to stop my periods for a few cycles so I can stop losing my iron every month from my heavy periods.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

18. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast